Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 11:11 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
So in her eagerness to avoid saying the wrong thing, she decided to say a nonsensical thing. And this is a woman we should trust to negotiate on the nation's behalf?

Please. "What papers do you read?" is the softest of softball questions and "all of them" is a horrible answer. Basic ability to think on your feet is considered a worthwhile quality in a politician.

I think it would have been much wiser for her to say she would like to hold a beer summit to discuss the issue. Oh wait, Obama did that after he was ELECTED!

He was thinking so quickly he forgot to get the details first. And YIKES he IS negotiating on our nations behalf!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2010, 11:43 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,217,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey
Yeah, Lisa Murkowski said Palin didn't have intellectual curiosty.

Heh... where was Murkowski's curiosity the day before she lost to Miller in the primary?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
She saved her "curiosity" to defeat Miller in the general. You should refer to her as Senator Murkowski. Miller is still just Miller, a shady lawyer in Fairbanks, but now a Palinite teabagger, for all that's worth.
Curiosity doesn't win elections, votes do. Murkowski criticized Palin's curiosity while exhibiting none herself.

Murkowski, thru her own assumption of superiority, thought she would win the primary. Her lack of curiosity allowed her the loss.

And I couldn't care less whether you call them senator or left over a$$wipe... in name only, like RINO.

So, she'll have abandoned her commitment to her party to keep her personal party in motion. Just what the country needs.

Old 11-24-2010, 11:50 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
[quote=desertdetroiter;16767071]Women to women? So Palin is a feminist now? LOL...gimme a break.[quote] Since, when does women to women mean.........feminist??? Some Men

Quote:
Katie Couric brown-nosing Palin? Really? Jealous of Palin? Katie Couric is supposed to have empathy with Palin because they both compete in a "man's world?" Nevermind!
Empathy who said anything about empathy, respect now that would have been lady like. Katie's from the other side, she had no intention on making Sarah look good. Sheez..... the other side has such little respect for their selves or others, they wore shirts calling her a "WH*RE" what the hell, she is a mom and wife, have some respect and values at least. Wonder, how people would have re acted if one was calling Hillary or Michelle one??

Quote:
Palin was caught off guard? In an interview where she surely agreed previously to answer ALL relevant questions? She was simply asked about what she reads to get information. If she thought that the papers are too one-sided, then list the publications that you DO read. I mean really, Palin actually strikes you as someone who wants fair and balanced news? LOL...don't make me laugh. She ONLY listens to and reads hard right news, and i'd bet everything i own on it that i'm right. Nothing wrong with that, but lets not pretend that she doesn't.
But, I bet she knows how many states are in the US, unlike our President who thinks theirs 57.
There are many other ways to get the news, she might not read any of them, except briefly, if that. Maybe, she uses the Internet and T.V. and other resources. BTW.....news is just down right boring and it's hard to believe one side, from the other any more. From what I hear, newspapers are on the way out, if they were worth buying, they wouldn't be going extinct.

Quote:
As for Alaska, i don't know what they know up there. What i do know is that they rail against big government, yet they're our largest welfare state, but they act as if they DON'T KNOW THAT!!!
OFF TOPIC: California (Democrat State) is just as bad, we actually, subside there farmers and we all pay their welfare bill.

I haven't been on the Alaska site much to see their view point, but maybe, someone will see this post and explain why their state should get the subsides, and the rest of the States don't.
California's going bankrupt, the last I heard, Alaska doen't have this problem.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:02 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,732,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
SP whines abut her interview with Katie. Katie asked SP what publications etc did she read to form her opinions on. SP couldn't answer the question. How was that question a "GOTCHA"?
What communist pamphets and marxist books did Obama read? I don't recall HIM being asked the same question.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:13 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,320,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Of course, Barack H. Obama had no foreign policy experience. But that doesn't matter I suppose? Right?

Actually Palin does have foreign policy experience in that she has had to deal directly with the Canadian government on various oil contract negotiations.
Neither Alaska nor Canada have a state oil company so I'm calling BS on your statement. Palin never "negotiated" anything in here life and certainly not anything with the government of Canada.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:18 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
So in her eagerness to avoid saying the wrong thing, she decided to say a nonsensical thing. And this is a woman we should trust to negotiate on the nation's behalf?

Please. "What papers do you read?" is the softest of softball questions and "all of them" is a horrible answer. Basic ability to think on your feet is considered a worthwhile quality in a politician.
Tooooooooooooooooooo true! Her answer was gibberish. She should have prepared!

Old 11-24-2010, 12:21 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
[quote=3~Shepherds;16772527][quote=desertdetroiter;16767071]Women to women? So Palin is a feminist now? LOL...gimme a break.
Quote:
Since, when does women to women mean.........feminist??? Some Men

Empathy who said anything about empathy, respect now that would have been lady like. Katie's from the other side, she had no intention on making Sarah look good. Sheez..... the other side has such little respect for their selves or others, they wore shirts calling her a "WH*RE" what the hell, she is a mom and wife, have some respect and values at least. Wonder, how people would have re acted if one was calling Hillary or Michelle one??

But, I bet she knows how many states are in the US, unlike our President who thinks theirs 57.
There are many other ways to get the news, she might not read any of them, except briefly, if that. Maybe, she uses the Internet and T.V. and other resources. BTW.....news is just down right boring and it's hard to believe one side, from the other any more. From what I hear, newspapers are on the way out, if they were worth buying, they wouldn't be going extinct.

OFF TOPIC: California (Democrat State) is just as bad, we actually, subside there farmers and we all pay their welfare bill.

I haven't been on the Alaska site much to see their view point, but maybe, someone will see this post and explain why their state should get the subsides, and the rest of the States don't.
California's going bankrupt, the last I heard, Alaska doen't have this problem.
You aren't really gonna try to compare Alaska to California, are you? One state pays out more to the feds than they get back, the other (Alaska) gets back faaaaar more than they pay in. And all states have farmers who get subsidized.

And newspapers are going extinct because of the Internet...everyone knew that...i thought! But the bottom line is this: if she doesn't read any newspapers or periodicals, then SAY SO!! Geez..is that so hard? She could have just said that too many pubs have a political slant that she doesn't agree with so she only watches so-and-so programming or whatever.

Face it, and i've been trying to subtly say this since this thread was opened....SHE DOESN'T READ ANYTHING! That's why she couldn't really answer the question. Stop being so politically correct. I thought you conservatives hated political corrrectness?

I'm not mad that she couldn't answer the question, nor am i bothered that she doesn't read anything, but she should have just said so.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:34 PM

8 posts, read 10,602 times
Looks like SP will be stumped on many a subject from now on. Here in an radio interview with Glen Beck:
"Sarah Palin is asked by Glenn Beck on his radio show what we should do about the current North Korea crisis: Well, North Korea, this is stemming from I think, a greater problem when we’re all, you know, sittin’ around askin’, ‘Oh, no, what are we gonna do,’ and we’re not having a lotta faith that the White House is gonna come out with a strong enough policy to sanction what it is North Korea is gonna do, so this speaks to a bigger picture that certainly scares me in terms of our national security policy, but obviously some stand with our North Korean allies we’re bound to by freedom; we’re also bound by prudence to stand with our South Korean allies. And to my North Korea, well, we’re not gonna reward bad behavior and we’re not gonna walk away and we do need to press China to do more to improve pressure on North Korea.”

Sarah Palin Says We Need To Stand With Our North Korean Allies « Alan Colmes' Liberaland

Old 11-24-2010, 12:42 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathilda View Post
Looks like SP will be stumped on many a subject from now on. Here in an radio interview with Glen Beck:
"Sarah Palin is asked by Glenn Beck on his radio show what we should do about the current North Korea crisis: Well, North Korea, this is stemming from I think, a greater problem when we’re all, you know, sittin’ around askin’, ‘Oh, no, what are we gonna do,’ and we’re not having a lotta faith that the White House is gonna come out with a strong enough policy to sanction what it is North Korea is gonna do, so this speaks to a bigger picture that certainly scares me in terms of our national security policy, but obviously some stand with our North Korean allies we’re bound to by freedom; we’re also bound by prudence to stand with our South Korean allies. And to my North Korea, well, we’re not gonna reward bad behavior and we’re not gonna walk away and we do need to press China to do more to improve pressure on North Korea.”

Sarah Palin Says We Need To Stand With Our North Korean Allies « Alan Colmes' Liberaland
LOL...uh, can you translate that Mathilda?

Old 11-24-2010, 12:45 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,244,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
What communist pamphets and marxist books did Obama read? I don't recall HIM being asked the same question.

You didn't answer my question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies