Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the Obama Family Go Through the New TSA Security?
YES--He thinks the TSA Policies are fine, why not? 51 79.69%
NO....because....(explain in post) 13 20.31%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 01:35 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,027,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Get a clue! The 4th Amendement specifically references the rights of people to be secure in their houses and has nothing to do with the TSA and/or flying, which BTW is mentioned NO WHERE in the Constitution.
The 4th Amendment
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

As you can see ... The 4th Amendment isn't just about unreasonable searches in our homes. Maybe a US Government class might be a good idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2010, 01:35 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
So? Where does it say these procedures were directly devised/imposed by Obama/Clinton as you've implied?

Old 11-25-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
The 4th Amendment
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

As you can see ... The 4th Amendment isn't just about unreasonable searches in our homes. Maybe a US Government class might be a good idea.
I'm not hallucinating, I see it has NOTHING to do with submitting to a voluntary search to enjoy the privilege of flying somewhere.

Old 11-25-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
So? Where does it say these procedures were directly devised/imposed by Obama/Clinton as you've implied?
He endorses these measures ... I'd have the same issues with Bush had he even so much as endorsed what the TSA is subjecting airline passengers to. This isn't partisan but the fact that he is not doing anything about this speaks volumes about what he thinks about average Americans. Frankly, I'm sick and tired of politicians enacting or endorsing laws that they never have to be subjected to.

Old 11-25-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
I'm not hallucinating, I see it has NOTHING to do with submitting to a voluntary search to enjoy the privilege of flying somewhere.
Sorry but the search isn't voluntary ... Either submit or don't fly. Nothing voluntary about this.

Old 11-25-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Sorry but the search isn't voluntary ... Either submit or don't fly. Nothing voluntary about this.
It most certainly is voluntary, not flying is the consequence of not volunteering.

Old 11-25-2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:
He endorses these measures ... I'd have the same issues with Bush had he even so much as endorsed what the TSA is subjecting airline passengers to. This isn't partisan but the fact that he is not doing anything about this speaks volumes about what he thinks about average Americans. Frankly, I'm sick and tired of politicians enacting or endorsing laws that they never have to be subjected to.
And just WHAT should he do? He's been told by the security people it's necessary, WHAT should he do? Go a level of security LESS THAN the security people say is needed?

Isn't partisan my arse

Old 11-25-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
It most certainly is voluntary, not flying is the consequence of not volunteering.
For those who fly as a part of their jobs, who have family overseas, not flying isn't an option. These new TSA procedures amount to extortion, submit or don't fly!

Old 11-25-2010, 02:09 PM

Quote:
And just WHAT should he do? He's been told by the security people it's necessary, WHAT should he do? Go a level of security LESS THAN the security people say is needed?

Isn't partisan my arse
No ... I just want our politicians to follow the same laws and regulations that we common folks are required to follow. If these measures are essential to security as the TSA is claiming, then why were many of these scanners not in use yesterday, one of the busiest travel dates of the year? Sorry but I don't buy the fact that all this is even necessary.

Old 11-25-2010, 02:14 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,274,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Seriously, the average American is getting more radiation exposure from their cell phones and microwaves than from the airport scanner.
and unless these idiots are traveling by airplane every single day of their life, they are no way in danger to high levels of radiation.

yes, you get more exposure by simply using your cel phone and microwave ovens. All your electronics emit some type of radiation.

Quote:
The anti-scanner/TSA hysteria is off-the-charts....and of course this is translated into Obama hate speech (as is everything with these folks). Its to the point of random, irrational anti-Obama rants.
the hysteria of pat downs and scanning is ridiculous.

Next time you want to think about causing a scene at the airport because you think what they are doing to KEEP you safe while flying is denying your rights in some way, remember the 3000 people who died on 9/11 because our securtiy was so laxed that it allowed 19 hijackers to board and use airplanes as missiles
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies