Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 05:48 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Seriously, its a bit hypocritical to call for someone's extra-judicial assassination and then complain about that person infringing her rights.
Well see, the difference is it's not Assange, but his insane supporters/hackers, who are out to get anyone, any business that refuses to deal with assange or criticizes him in any way.

These hackers are furious with the notion that wikileaks is under attack for free speech, and yet they then attack Palin for her exercising free speech. That's how it is with the radical Left - free speech for me but not for thee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 05:50 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well see, the difference is it's not Assange, but his insane supporters/hackers, who are out to get anyone, any business that refuses to deal with assange or criticizes him in any way.

These hackers are furious with the notion that wikileaks is under attack for free speech, and yet they then attack Palin for her exercising free speech. That's how it is with the radical Left - free speech for me but not for thee.
She did it to herself with her grandstanding as usual.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:51 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,984,135 times
Could one of your right wing whiners give us an example where you said the cyber attacks on wikileaks website was an affront to free speech?

If you could, that might give you some credibility.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
She did it to herself with her grandstanding as usual.
So now she is not allowed to voice her opinion? Why didn't the same happen to Feinstein, who said he should be prosecuted or the other "pundits" who say he should be arrested for espionage? I don't see attacks on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Could one of your right wing whiners give us an example where you said the cyber attacks on wikileaks website was an affront to free speech?

If you could, that might give you some credibility.
Quote:
"that 1,500 people were on online forums and chatrooms including Anonops.net, mounting mass and repeated 'denial of service' attacks on sites that have moved against Mr. Assange and WikiLeaks in recent days."
Moved against - meaning to shut wikileaks down in whatever way possible.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_794039.html

Quote:
Anonymous explains that Operation Payback is "an ongoing campaign by Anonymous against major anti-piracy & anti-freedom entities."
I imagine anti-freedom might mean freedom of speech, among others. Like the ability of wikileaks to receive paypal donations.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:56 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,204,078 times
Quote:

Extra-judicial assassination is a crime. Incitement to criminal activity is not protected speech.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
Extra-judicial assassination is a crime. Incitement to criminal activity is not protected speech.
Well then, you best put obama on the list for his intention to assassination a US citizen. If he can advocate assassination with no repercussions, I imagine others might think it ok to do the same to a person that is engaged in a campaign of attacking/leaking/damaging our FP and credibility.

Obama set the precedent, don't cry when others follow his lead.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:04 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,748,670 times
I wouldn't worry much about Todd and Sarah, sanrene. She's probably just trying to attract attention to her facebook page, which links to her donation page for her PAC. I imagine that donations are down this time of year and she's getting nervous, and saw an opportunity to separate some of you with your cash. Have you donated lately?

Old 12-08-2010, 06:09 PM

These people are nuts, but I imagine some think it is just fine and dandy to conduct their cyber war against business and individuals who have criticized and tried to stop assange.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/09/world/09wiki.html

Quote:
Anonymous had vowed to take revenge on any organization that lined up against WikiLeaks.

“We fight for the same reasons,” said one. “We want transparency and we counter censorship.”
So I guess to this group of nuts, people or business that don't agree with or want to do business with wikileaks will now be a target.

Freedom for us, but not for thee?

Old 12-08-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I wouldn't worry much about Todd and Sarah, sanrene. She's probably just trying to attract attention to her facebook page, which links to her donation page for her PAC. I imagine that donations are down this time of year and she's getting nervous, and saw an opportunity to separate some of you with your cash. Have you donated lately?
She's raking in the cash for sure. Ahhhh, capitalism, free market, all that good kind of stuff. Beautiful, isn't it?

Amazing what some people will tolerate as far as criminal activity when the victim is a political figure they despise. Simply amazing the excuses and reasons and denials they will give to explain away their ho-hum attitude.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:11 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,204,078 times
Quote:
Well then, you best put obama on the list for his intention to assassination a US citizen.
Why not? His and his predecessor's regimes can rot as well for all I care.

Are you upset that your diversion didn't work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies