Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 10:59 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
I saw that the video was from The Blaze and then turned it off. Those guys are liars and kings of deliberately editing video so that it appears to say the exact opposite of what was actually said. I feel sorry for anyone who actually watches such sources and believes they're anything but propaganda. I mean, come on, it's Glenn Beck's main site for "proof" about Martians or how evil the Jews supposedly are or what ever nonsense Beck is rambling about now.
The same video was posted on a duplicate thread yesterday....

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...nside-out.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2010, 10:59 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,318,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Well HappyT, I have NO faith what so ever left in the press and media in general anymore. Be it left, right or whatever, it is an institution that has folded like a cheap suit and sold out its function of keeping government honest. The press in the United States is as much of the problem as government, corporate influence of government, and our broken elections system.
The problem has been over consolidation in the media, the fact that now most media is owned by a few very large corporations, corporations that want very much to do business with the government or get subsidies from the government, etc... The end result is a small group of extremely large corporations dominate the industry and they have a vested interest in not upsetting the apple cart or they're like Fox or MSNBC which were founded from the beginning to be "opinion journalism" which ends up being pure partisan propaganda at worst (as happens at Fox) or at least heavily tilted but still some what objective (as happens at MSNBC). The end result is our market place of ideas is down to just five ideas from the five largest media companies four of which are almost identical and a fifth (Fox) which is nothing more then the daily partisan political talking points of the Republican Party. It's a sad state of affairs.

Last edited by Oerdin; 12-11-2010 at 11:10 AM..

Old 12-11-2010, 11:02 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
You could hear the same news item on two different stations and because of the cherry picking think it were two separate incidents. That is news ?

Old 12-11-2010, 11:03 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
The problem has been over consolidation in the media, the fact that now most media is owned by a few very large corporations, corporations that want very much to do business with the government or get subsidies from the government, etc... The end result is a small group of extremely large corporations dominate the industry and they have a vested interest in not upsetting the apple cart or they're like Fox or MSNBC which were founded from the beginning to be "opinion journalism" which ends up being pure partisan propaganda at worst (as happens at Fox) or at least heavily tilted but still some what objective (as happens at MSNBC). The end result is out market place of ideas is down to just five ideas from the five largest media companies four of which are almost identical and a fifth (Fox) which is nothing more then the daily partisan political talking points of the Republican Party. It's a sad state of affairs.
cannot rep you again yet ( I wish that thumbs up thingy did not always have a dumb smile)

Old 12-11-2010, 11:08 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US6nWsnPBLk

Van Jones: We are coming for the media and that’s not all « Hot Air

Van Jones, Al Sharpton, and others are making a lot of threats and are laying out their plans. They need to be taken seriously. Van Jones, if everyone thought he was going to go away just because he slid out the back door of the White House then you are sadly mistaken.
Van Jones is one of the most dangerous men in America and to America. He is as far left as you can be.

Also, the Republican leadership need to wake the hell up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjXAXire4P8
The words of Van Jones at the end of that video haven't been discussed anywhere on this forum, that I know of, but they are so very important to us being able to fight people like him. He talks about how THEY did everything they were "taught" to do and took over both houses of Congress and the Executive in 2009. That is the beginning of his Top Down. The student and union riots in the UK these days are examples of Bottom Up and when we get those things going here then the Top Down will turn loose the Inside Out part on us.

The words of The Right Scoop in Hot Air are too true and point out what we need to be looking at. These words are the best in that article:

Look, we’ve done a great job so far over the last 2 years with the Tea Parties, but if we relax now because we have a Republican House, then we risk losing everything we’ve worked for. The next 2 years are the most crucial if we want to get our country back and we MUST carry the torch for freedom even higher. We must force the Republicans to use every available chance to hammer home the message that the radicals are in DC and they are trying to steal our liberty, our country. And we must fight them off. That means calling the President out for who he is to, because he is one of them.

At the end of that video of Jones he says that we are not in two kinds of periods concerning the people and how they are responding to politics. He went so far as to say that we are in the Volatile Period and that was referring to the fact that the people will be coming into the streets and either right or left will win out by 2012.

Great post, Bucs.

Old 12-11-2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Well if Van Jones and the left are going to "take" the media, then wouldn't that suggest they don't have it now? So if the left and Van Jones don't have it, who does that leave?
In this case, I think that the "take" the media refers to gaining control of the right media through the Ministry of Truth as the FCC will become if allowed to do so.

Old 12-11-2010, 11:12 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,368,535 times
What needs to be discussed is not the messenger but the message.

What is Van Jones end game? What are his goals?

He tells it in every speech or talk he gives.

Old 12-11-2010, 11:18 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times
Quote:
The problem has been over consolidation in the media, the fact that now most media is owned by a few very large corporations, corporations that want very much to do business with the government or get subsidies from the government, etc... The end result is a small group of extremely large corporations dominate the industry and they have a vested interest in not upsetting the apple cart or they're like Fox or MSNBC which were founded from the beginning to be "opinion journalism" which ends up being pure partisan propaganda at worst (as happens at Fox) or at least heavily tilted but still some what objective (as happens at MSNBC). The end result is out market place of ideas is down to just five ideas from the five largest media companies four of which are almost identical and a fifth (Fox) which is nothing more then the daily partisan political talking points of the Republican Party. It's a sad state of affairs.
We saw much the same in newspapers when smaller papers owned by a smaller number of corporate entities simply regurgitated whatever the AP, Reuters, the NY Times and the Washington Post turned out of their mills. The days of those last independents like the Toledo Blade, The Charleston Gazette or the Toronto Star of old are fading fast. While print media still clings to at least a tiny shred of journalistic integrity, they are a victim of technology and serve local purposes almost entirely now.

I'm on the verge of canceling all my satellite TV service and hooking up a blueray/internet-TV set up and just doing away with all cable and tv. The content I can find in documentaries parked on the internet which never air because they are too controversial or taboo. I cannot even bear to stomach 95% of the mind numbing garbage that passes for information on TV, even on the supposed "science" type channels. Mom always said you are what you eat, and I say, we as a people are what we watch and from this, I can only place my head in my hands and sigh.

Old 12-11-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well Tn I think they have most of it and just want to squash what they cannot control and have all of it. Just my opinion here.

What bothers me though is that they want to squash debate, compromise, discussions on discource and the give and take that comes with opposing views and the compromises that result.

And these far left radicals think they are being fair ?
"My way or the highway" is all they will settle for ?
Now that is a good job of telling things as they are, HT. Too many from the left don't want us to realize that they want to cut out debate, compromise, and discussion. They surely do want that "my way, or the highway" to be the way things are.

Old 12-11-2010, 11:21 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,368,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
At the end of that video of Jones he says that we are not in two kinds of periods concerning the people and how they are responding to politics. He went so far as to say that we are in the Volatile Period and that was referring to the fact that the people will be coming into the streets and either right or left will win out by 2012.

Great post, Bucs.
It is rather disconcerting the naysayers poo poo it all.

If they'd listen (as they say they do), they'll hear the quiet manner smooth talking way he's preparing his followers. Yes followers. He's shooting for a leadership role in the new order he's attempting to transform.

But all we hear is 'conspiracy', 'boo', and other such statements.

What does that say? So this radical communist is just a nice guy looking for a job in the 'green' economy? That's not what he preaches. It is however his vehicle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies