Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 11:51 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I love the feigned outrage. I'm pretty sure that Slick Willie knew and understood what was going on....seeing as he's an ex-prez and all. The prez has a tight sched. This is much ado about donut.
Absolutely. It almost makes me laugh to see their latest outrage - and as usual, it's both petty and pathetic.

Most Americans have a favorable opinion of Bill Clinton. Most Americans also like to see that Obama was able to work together with Republicans and reach a compromise on the tax bill. Overall, the last few days have been very good for Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2010, 11:57 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
Important because it shows Obama is getting a clue that he's not well liked anymore.
It reveals the weakness in his character to feel the need for outside support of his agenda.
If he thought Justin Beaber or Lady Gaga could win him support, you would've seen them prancing around for him also.
Obama has sunk below 'used car salesman' status to that of 'real estate agent'.
obama is weak, pathetic excuse for a president of the United States of America! He should take his lumps like a Man the good with the bad but his narcissistic personality makes that difficult! So he better pull up his big boy pants and lead! But oh wait he has NO EXPERIENCE to know how to do that and is never so apparent as letting Bill Clinton take charge..... OMG

Old 12-11-2010, 11:58 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Absolutely. It almost makes me laugh to see their latest outrage - and as usual, it's both petty and pathetic.

Most Americans have a favorable opinion of Bill Clinton. Most Americans also like to see that Obama was able to work together with Republicans and reach a compromise on the tax bill. Overall, the last few days have been very good for Obama.

Really?

How do you figure being thrown under the bus by the entire CBC and Bernie Sanders' 9 hr. filibuster against his compromise equate to very good days for Obama?

Old 12-11-2010, 11:58 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
No outrage on this - just making a note of it.

The compromise itself is more outrageous than Clinton. We either get more spending through unemployment or higher tax rates - some compromise.

Old 12-12-2010, 12:01 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:

AUM obama is only appearing to work with the GOP because he is had by the b*lls so to speak

Old 12-12-2010, 12:01 AM

1,162 posts, read 2,107,917 times
Quote:

talk about spin...

Old 12-12-2010, 12:03 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
No outrage on this - just making a note of it.

The compromise itself is more outrageous than Clinton. We either get more spending through unemployment or higher tax rates - some compromise.
I would've preferred no compromise and let all the tax cuts expire, but Obama obviously felt that a deal needed to get done. Good for him. If libs and conservs are upset...then the compromise was probably perfect.

Old 12-12-2010, 05:11 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Didn't see a thread on this.

Press Briefing with President Obama and President Clinton

He gives Clinton the stage while he goes to a Christmas party.

Is Obama so weak that he can't handle this on his own?

Bill's Back: Clinton commands stage at White House (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Bills-Back-Clinton-commands-apf-4065249916.html?x=0 - broken link)
Of all the things he has done or not done and all the comments he has made, this one takes the cake. I wonder what he was thinking?

Nita

Old 12-12-2010, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Seems like another ridiculous REACH by Pubs to put an unflattering spin on the president's daily activities. Misinformed and irrelevant.

President Obama is getting it done...and don't you forget it either.
sorry, it is being discussed a lot of places. It was using very poor judgement and totally out of line for a sitting President. You can defend him all you want, which you always do. You can close your eyes to the fact he isn't perfect and you can deny this was a major screw-up, just like his comment about 57 states, but the fact is: it should not have happened.

Nita

Old 12-12-2010, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I love the feigned outrage. I'm pretty sure that Slick Willie knew and understood what was going on....seeing as he's an ex-prez and all. The prez has a tight sched. This is much ado about donut.
of course a Pres has a tight schedule, but you do not conduct a press conference and leave it, no matter what. The first lady certainly could have waited 10 more minutes. I don't think this is an outrage, I just think it is being brought out that he doesn't always think standing up.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies