Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 07:54 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Reid is absolutely right no matter what his reason is.

These elected officials owe this country a LOT.

They need to quit using "the hoildays" as an excuse to hold things up....

They are ADULTS! (?)

They should NOT NEED to have their "Holiday"

MANY other Americans work during the Holidays and they should,too.

Even if Boehner( Boo-Hoo Boner) cries and blubbers 'cause he won't get to see Santa....
If they were such adults, then why did the Democrats wait over 6 months to put forward a bill? Why did they wait until 2 weeks before the end of the year to discuss next years budgets? Why did they wait until after the elections to propose another $1T porkulus bill?

Spare me the discussion about being an adult because adults are responsible, and the Democratic Congress is anything but.. They sit and whine because THEY DIDNT DO THEIR JOB, while blaming others for their own incompetence..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2010, 07:58 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
Thank you, Harry Reid!! Though the Dems are just slightly better than the Repubs.

Reid to Republicans: Quit whining about working this holiday! - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket/reid-to-republicans-quit-whining-about-working-this-holiday - broken link)

What a bunch of lazy, crybaby, do-nothing, time-wasting, load of blood suckers. Keep your fat azz in D.C. until the job is complete. They earn six figures, but complain if they have to stay and work.
Reid and Pelosi had two freaking years to settle the Bush tax rates, and they had all year to do the minimum that congress is required to do, which is to pass a budget, and they waited, and waited, and waited until the zero before dropping it on everyone, then they have the balls to act as if their unabashed ineptitude is standard operating procedure.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:04 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Reid and Pelosi had two freaking years to settle the Bush tax rates, and they had all year to do the minimum that congress is required to do, which is to pass a budget, and they waited, and waited, and waited until the zero before dropping it on everyone, then they have the balls to act as if their unabashed ineptitude is standard operating procedure.
For the life of me I cant figure out the justification of those who actually think this is somehow the GOPs fault. I'd really like to see some liberal explain the thought process involved to come to this conclusion.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:22 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
If they were such adults, then why did the Democrats wait over 6 months to put forward a bill? Why did they wait until 2 weeks before the end of the year to discuss next years budgets? Why did they wait until after the elections to propose another $1T porkulus bill?

Spare me the discussion about being an adult because adults are responsible, and the Democratic Congress is anything but.. They sit and whine because THEY DIDNT DO THEIR JOB, while blaming others for their own incompetence..
Topic: Quit whining about working this holiday!

From my post:
"""They are ADULTS! (?)"""

Have you any idea what a "?" is ?

My reference was to using the holidays as an excuse by BOTH parties....that IS the TOPIC......

ADULTS don't need to be home for the holidays...

Old 12-16-2010, 09:00 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
For the life of me I cant figure out the justification of those who actually think this is somehow the GOPs fault. I'd really like to see some liberal explain the thought process involved to come to this conclusion.
Well, you get your wish. I'm definitely liberal. You people who lib this and lib that are entertaining. Following is a quote of mine.

Quote:
They are lazy! It doesn't matter whether there's an 'R' or a 'D' behind their name. They ARE lazy, overpaid, do-nothing, accomplish-little, whiners, crybabies. These prostitutes for corporations earn a decent salary and decent benefits for the amount of hours they put in, and the few, watered down BS laws they pass.

They are lazy!

I suggest people not be blinded to the point of unbiased opines. Work for it baby, we pay you, so snap to it you no-count lazy, over-paid loud mouth, grand-standing politicians. You're on our dime. Stay at work.
I see politicians (ALL of them, dems and repukes alike) like this: They amount to a bunch of prostitutes. The high paid lobbyist are their pimps, and the corporations who fund the lobbyist are the johns. They get the sweet pickings. The higher the politician rises in the ranks the worse he/she becomes and the more he owes his/her pimp, since the pimp (lobbyist) funds the campaigns for favors.

Was Reid grandstanding? Of course. But baby, grandstanding isn't owned by the democrats. The ALL do it. Bonehead, crybaby, Boener is a great grandstander. And the 'lawmakers' who choose to have an entire bill read aloud for the sole purpose of delaying is a GRANDSTANDER! What about ole' Dr. No (coburn) of Okiehoma? He's like Mikey; he don't like nuthin'!!

They're all hoars with a purse full of tricks.

What have they done for the last two years? Healthcare overhaul, which most of you don't want. You'd rather the insurance corporations &* you than the government. Take your pick. We're on the losing end of the stick either way. Goverment or corporation.....both will get you.

Working on the really, really big issue of healthcare wore all of them out. They were too pooped to do much more than grandstand. Reduce emissions? NOPE. Immigration reform? NOPE

Even if a politician starts out his career wanting to 'make a difference' or with his 'heart in the right place' the higher up he/she goes the more favors he owes. It doesn't take long before the money and the bling blinds him. His soul is bought and paid for by lobbyist and corporations.

I loath American politicians. Loath them. I just dislike the repuklicans more than I dislike the dems.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:47 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,075,557 times
And the reason the libs didn't bother to pass a budget and waited for the last minute for an huge appropriations bill is what exactly? It's not a desire to "serve the people" that's for certain. They could have done that throughout the year, but now they're desperate to push through some of the most destructive legislation ever written in just a matter of days.

Their goal is to punish the rich, destroy the free market, take down the economy and
open the borders. They're only concerned about power and control and if jobs and national security fall by the wayside it's not their concern. They're pandering to their voter base of leeches that want to suck america dry and bleeding hearts that want to give it away.

If the republicans are complaining, it's because they see the damage that the pending legislation will do.

Old 12-16-2010, 12:14 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Exactly!!

But the problem is, the morons realize they have been kicked out of power so they are using every last ditch effort they have to pass their unwanted policies. So shameful!
That's funny because the majority of Americans WANT:

Tax breaks even if it's the compromised version ramrodded by the Republicans

The repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell

The Senate ratification of the START treaty.

Stay Informed?

I don't think so!

Old 12-16-2010, 12:56 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Nope Dems have done this, EVER SINCE THE OBAMA TOOK OFFICE! and they have been on a VERY LONG VACATION EVER SINCE!
They have taken a two year, extended vacation from their oaths of office, and the crap they are pulling now is only more proof of that.

The democrat party sycophants can whine all they like, but their elected dems in Washington had a SUPER MAJORITY and could have written legislation to kill the Bush tax rates, raised taxes on the "rich" and eliminated DADT, and they could have passed a budget. But instead they chose to ignore all of that, and now pull this crap out of their butts in mid December. And the drooling democrat sycophants are completely fine with it, and some even claim to be proud of this ineptitude.

Old 12-16-2010, 12:59 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,207,220 times
So when times are tough at your company, I am sure all of you work through your holidays to make up for it?

Old 12-16-2010, 01:02 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizNJ View Post
And the reason the libs didn't bother to pass a budget and waited for the last minute for an huge appropriations bill is what exactly? It's not a desire to "serve the people" that's for certain. They could have done that throughout the year, but now they're desperate to push through some of the most destructive legislation ever written in just a matter of days.

Their goal is to punish the rich, destroy the free market, take down the economy and
open the borders. They're only concerned about power and control and if jobs and national security fall by the wayside it's not their concern. They're pandering to their voter base of leeches that want to suck america dry and bleeding hearts that want to give it away.

If the republicans are complaining, it's because they see the damage that the pending legislation will do.
How are they stealing from the rich?...I really must hear your take on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies