Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 08:05 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,508,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh and the Tea Party to name a few. They need to look in the mirror and ask themselves if they should change their tone and stick to the facts when they "inform" their listeners. Anyone carrying signs saying ""The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" are doing it, whether or not they realize it. I am all for free speech, but if you are in a position where millions of people can hear you, you need to remember how the unstable section of the population receives your message.

When you talk about concentration camps like Beck did, or call Dems communists, Marxists, "the enemy", anti-American etc, you can be assured that some people take it as fact.

And yes, MSNBC was guilty of the same when Bush was president, and I couldn't stand it.

I have never seen so much hatred in this country.

I like the way people call out Beck, Limbaugh etc.... and give specific examples. Then they just throw in that sometimes liberals are bad actors also. But never go into specifics. Trying to make themselves look like they aren't partisan. LOLs.

I think it is nothing but pure hatred to use the death of a 9-year old girl to make Beck look bad. Purley partisian, purley disgusting.

Does anyone have proof this guy knows who Glen Beck is? Sarah Palin? Rush Limbaugh?

Old 01-09-2011, 08:07 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,508,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
Giffords is jewish, and those groups don't consider that "white"
Jewish is not a race.

And the judge was a white catholic male.

So much for the anti-minority excuse.

I bet a million bucks this guy was already unstable. Some shrink gave him antidepressents and that is what caused hiom to do this.

Much like the VaTech guy, the Ft Hood guy, the Columbine kids and John Hinckley. And virtually every other mass killer in history.

5,421 posts, read 6,505,038 times
If he was a fan of anti-flag, he was not a fan of Palin or Beck.

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
Giffords is jewish, and those groups don't consider that "white"
I have to say, I might doubt Fox on this one. Have been scouring the other sites, channels, etc to see mention of this supposed connection with American Renaissance and have not seen it. Remember, in situations like this, so many are quick to try and find that nugget of information first, which can ultimately lead to error prone reporting. Believe yesterday many channels were reporting the death of the Congresswoman when in fact she was alive.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:09 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
LOL at people thinking Mein Kampf is right wing and can't offer reasons as to how that's the case.
It was neither right nor left, it was sheer hate and lunacy... as a Jewish independent-liberal myself, I cannot in good conscience associate it with ANY American politics.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Jewish is not a race.
Actually, it is considered a race of sorts, but that's besides the point... the point being that Neo-Nazi skinheads don't consider us "white." Trust me, I would not be welcomed at a "White Pride" event with open arms.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:11 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
No, you may NEVER know why people feel the need to kill others-and who knows how it can be stopped-
Her GOP Opponent held a rally in which you got to take turns shooting at pictures of Gabby Giffords with HIM. The GOP poured millions into this thug to stir up hate. You should have seen the anti-semetic crap that was being spread abut her. They even went after her husband, the Astronaut.

Tom Sebourn Blog: Fundraiser Ad From Jesse Kelly Who Ran Against Giffords For Congress

Old 01-09-2011, 08:12 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,603,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Jewish is not a race.

And the judge was a white catholic male.

So much for the anti-minority excuse.

I bet a million bucks this guy was already unstable. Some shrink gave him antidepressents and that is what caused hiom to do this.

Much like the VaTech guy, the Ft Hood guy, the Columbine kids and John Hinckley. And virtually every other mass killer in history.
I'm absolutely not getting into the meaning of "jewish."

YOU made the point that the shooter was shooting white people and it was unusual if he was affiliated with that group.

I made the point that Giffords is Jewish. The group is anti-semitic.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Well that's not allowed you need to jump to conclusions with no evidence.
Sorry... I forgot I was on City-Data.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:14 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,603,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I have to say, I might doubt Fox on this one. Have been scouring the other sites, channels, etc to see mention of this supposed connection with American Renaissance and have not seen it. Remember, in situations like this, so many are quick to try and find that nugget of information first, which can ultimately lead to error prone reporting. Believe yesterday many channels were reporting the death of the Congresswoman when in fact she was alive.
Yeah they said it was from a leaked memo and maybe only leaked to them - but I'd like to hear more as well...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies