Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 09:08 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Further to left, as in further from the right. Remember, it was the loony liberal left, like Krugman and Olbermann who claimed Loughner was alinged to the right with the TEA party and Palin. As time went on, we learned that he was a flag burning 9/11 truther, who hated Bush, and read the communist manifesto and Mein Kamf. I'd say that makes him further from the right, which translates to further to the left.
Go far from either the left or right and you end up in the same place and it's got nothing to do with politics and everything to do with insanity. And what someone reads hardly defines who/what they are so attempting to define this nutjob's poltical leanings by that is just baseless blather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 09:09 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Further to left, as in further from the right. Remember, it was the loony liberal left, like Krugman and Olbermann who claimed Loughner was alinged to the right with the TEA party and Palin. As time went on, we learned that he was a flag burning 9/11 truther, who hated Bush, and read the communist manifesto and Mein Kamf. I'd say that makes him further from the right, which translates to further to the left.
There will never be an apology from the left.

The difference is this....the right is usually right on the money when they talk about the left.

The left is usually wrong (since their arguments don't hold water) when they talk about the right. That's why they have to be vitriolic.

The proof is in the fact that left wing talk radio doesn't draw listeners.

Left wing cable news channels cannot compete in the ratings war.

In the court of public opinion, conservative principles stand far and away above liberal principles.

If it weren't for double standards, the left would have no principles at all.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:11 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
[quote=jambo101;17481117]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post

He didnt say take guns away from liberals he said get rid of liberals.
If he were to say he wanted to get rid of conservatives would you just view it as satire? or would you be thinking some mental lightweight with a gun may take him at his word and perhaps start ridding the world of conservatives.
There can sometimes be dire consequences to Limbaugh's daily demonizing of an entire American demographic.
I stand corrected, Rush has become even more evil than thought. My bad As for the far righties here, I already knew they were metally ill, comes with years of listening to their hateful ranting and the stranger their claims became the more of them become infected. Is what it is.
Casper

Old 01-19-2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
There will never be an apology from the left.

The difference is this....the right is usually right on the money when they talk about the left.

The left is usually wrong (since their arguments don't hold water) when they talk about the right. That's why they have to be vitriolic.

The proof is in the fact that left wing talk radio doesn't draw listeners.

Left wing cable news channels cannot compete in the ratings war.

In the court of public opinion, conservative principles stand far and away above liberal principles.

If it weren't for double standards, the left would have no principles at all.
You certainly have no shortage of O-P-I-N-I-O-N but you're definitely lacking facts.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:14 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,721,129 times
Default I carry a gun because I am a Man!

After years In Law Enforcemnt, where I worked we were required to carry our gun at all times on or off duty whit in our municipality, I still find myself carrying it from time to time though not nearly as much.. but a right I hold dearly!

AND...

I do it is because I am a man!

By that I'm not talking about machismo or because it is cool. No one would ever know I am carrying. By saying I am a man, I mean that I am an adult, responsible for my actions, and willing to accept the consequences of them.

When you carry a gun you have the ability to end any mans life. This is a massive responsibility!

I know this isnt the case for all but when I think of Liberals I can't help but think of this.

There are so many people who are just uncomfortable with that responsibility. Deep down they feel that they could never or would never want to be trusted with that kind of responsibility, so neither should anyone else. They say "the police" or "the government" should take care of that.

Well, I can think of no clearer way of saying "I am immature, and not to be trusted".

Anything can be abused. Laws are only successful in keeping law abiding citizens in check.

I did not hear it myself what Rush said.. But I wonder if he was making a point!

Liberals want to take your right away to own and carry a weapon... to bear arms!! Liberals want any restriction that they can pass on firearms. Liberals support municipalities restricting the right for their citizens to own and carry firearms as in the DC debate. Liberals even support restrictions on ammo clips.

For many this is unacceptable. The mere thought that only a few privileged can have them.... (government and their chosen associates)

So If Liberals at all costs are looking to restrict the right to own, possess, and carry firarms... then why would they be apposed to a law that keeps them from owning them? (obviously this is in theory and could never be applied.. but deserves a debate)

So how DO YOU feel about that Liberals? The idea that only you will be excluded the RIGHT to own a firearm.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:16 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
He didnt say take guns away from liberals he said get rid of liberals.
If he were to say he wanted to get rid of conservatives would you just view it as satire? or would you be thinking some mental lightweight with a gun may take him at his word and perhaps start ridding the world of conservatives.
There can sometimes be dire consequences to Limbaugh's daily demonizing of an entire American demographic.
"Dire consequences"? So we just sweep all the hateful things under the rug that were said by libs all last week?

Rush made his point, all the hate was spewed by the left, without liberals we would not have had any of it last week. Whine and complain all you like, but the hate was spewed by the libs all last week.

I think he went too far by claiming we would end crime if we did not have liberals, but even with that, he was not even close to violent references made by people like Chris Matthews, who once compared Rush to Mr. Big, and said someone should blow Limbaugh's head off.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flycessna View Post
Liberals want to take your right away to own and carry a weapon... to bear arms!! Liberals want any restriction that they can pass on firearms. Liberals support municipalities restricting the right for their citizens to own and carry firearms as in the DC debate. Liberals even support restrictions on ammo clips.
Nice generalization but basically BS! This liberal doesn't give a rat's ass if you have a gun but I do believe if you use that weapon in the commission of a crime like this nut job did you should be hanged, no appeal, no insanity plea, no excuses.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:24 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,445,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike3531 View Post
Can you believe what Rush Limbaugh stated on his radio show today? I'm sure someone else heard his show earlier today in which he stated that if Americans wanted to put an end to violence then liberals should have their guns taken away. He said that if we got rid of liberals then American would rid itself of 90% of crime, 80% of hate and 100% of lies! I couldn't help but laugh and change the station. Is Limbaugh always this crazy or did I just tune in on one of his crazier shows?
Tell me again why you listen to anything out of this man's mouth??

I'm still waiting for my invite to come over and help him pack so he can leave the country like he said he would.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:27 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,307,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flycessna View Post
So If Liberals at all costs are looking to restrict the right to own, possess, and carry firarms... then why would they be apposed to a law that keeps them from owning them? (obviously this is in theory and could never be applied.. but deserves a debate)
A great point. Probably the reason is that they fear this would be the first step to herding them all in to concentration camps or banishing them out of the country. They actually think conservatives would do something like that and, deep down, they know that having the right to own guns is what would protect them if this nightmare scenario came to pass. They'll never admit that though because "guns are baaaad".

Old 01-19-2011, 09:28 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Nice generalization but basically BS! This liberal doesn't give a rat's ass if you have a gun but I do believe if you use that weapon in the commission of a crime like this nut job did you should be hanged, no appeal, no insanity plea, no excuses.
Right on the money! Liberal this and Liberal that, as if all gun owners are Conservatives and all those against guns are Liberals, nothing could be further from the truth. But then again some live in a black and white world, not reality.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies