Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2011, 01:02 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
RCCCB,

The NRA used to be a key leader in training Police, Boy Scouts and others in the Proper Safe use of a firearm. As a wee lad and i do mean a wee lad, 4 years old i was already working on NRA marksman badges, trained by something we seem to have lost most of these days. That would be Men.

Men who knew How To do many things, and one was train Police, and other would be men, still Boys.

The NRA was doing that long before 1951 when I was born, but I have been around plenty long enough to have seen the anti gun moo-vement.

I saw the anti's attack hand guns, then it was rifles, and then it was black powder guns of all things, and then back to pistols and with the most unusal names. No one could go to a gun store and buy any gun with these names, because there was no such thing.

The antis rant and rave, and we gun men pretty well have come to the understanding that there is some mental incapity with in the minds of these rabid anti's, and we would just like them to be silent.

The guns and whats left of the Men are not going to go away because the left can't deal with proper child rearing.

I have properly raised a male child, and if he went gangsta on me i would beat him senceless, and worry about the left later. For better than 50 years now the anti left has whined and whined and we Pro gun men are plain sick of that whine.

Right now my son is in the sand, and when he gets back he will return to raising his son almost 2 now. I plan to make damn sure his son knows a life with guns, hunting target shooting, and defending the CONS from the enemy foriegn and domestic.

Seems to me we got more of the domestic if you ask me.
Amen to that, thank you.

God bless your son's service.

I have one of those two year olds (I am probably your age or older by the way) and my wife and I WILL BE RESPONSIBLE in raising him. The teacher's union can't do it; the President can't, only we can.
Guns are great in our society. Bluntly, if we had tough gun laws like Mexico, we would become Mexico. Nuff said!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 01:05 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
Quote:
Good point, and so far as it goes for anti's I think we should take their cars way. Cars are a lot more complicated than a gun is, and can do far more damage used as a weapon than a gun can. It is pretty plain to me that if a simple machine called a fire arm is so overly complicated to the anti's then they have no bee's wax behind the wheel.

About the most complicated guns have up to 3 controlls, which is far less than any cars I have ever known.

Hell these days people are challanged just plain walking.
There is also some state (forgot which) that went legal for anyone with a license to conceal and carry. Though I forgot the state, the crime there (I remember reading) went through the floor because criminals didn't know which potential victim could end up killing them.

Old 01-27-2011, 03:41 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times
Quote:
Driller, some one 'go off' in a car and use it as a weapon?

I dunno this me me me generation is lost.

Can't do anything right, not even walk.

Maybe there should be an age limit on guns after all. Like if your 16 now you can never own, and if your 30 you're need to be mentally tested, and if yer 50 yer exempt.

But for cars too.
Speaking of using a vehicle as a weapon:

This occurred in Mexico in 2008. One killed, 14 injured.

Source: Terrible Accident: Car Crashes into Bike Race in Mexico « It

Old 01-27-2011, 03:52 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
There is also some state (forgot which) that went legal for anyone with a license to conceal and carry. Though I forgot the state, the crime there (I remember reading) went through the floor because criminals didn't know which potential victim could end up killing them.
What....?

Concealed carry is legal in 48 states, I believe. Not clear on what you're trying to say.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:02 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
"Why do we need guns exactly?"

Same reason that we "need" golf clubs and tennis balls. It's not a "need", it's a "want."And we don't need a reason to want anything. People should be free to acquire anything they want with very few exceptions. We don't need a government to tell us what we can and cannot have. We shouldn't have to ask government if we can have something, or prove to government that it is a "need".

Old 01-27-2011, 04:04 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm113 View Post
I realize the second amendment guarantees our right to own a gun.
I am neither pro- or against-gun control. However this weekend I received an advertisement with the newspaper from a local sporting goods store. The multi-page magazine style ad focused on guns and many of the items made me ask the question "why would someone need this?"
The one that sticks out the most was a gattling gun replica which can shoot some crazy number of rounds per minute.
I understand people like to go hunting but you don't need pistols for that. Perhaps you would need a pistol to defend against a home invasion, but if you outlaw guns that becomes less of an issue.

I guess the main question is why do we need to have the right to own a gun?

The Declaration of Independence asserts that all men are created equal.

The Second Amendment keeps us that way.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:04 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
RCCCB is saying that the state of vermont is a state that with a Vt drivers lic, a resident can buy abd carry a concealed weap0on with not one other paper document ot any tax or fee.

This is the only state that does this and oddly is a lefty state, and has very little violent crime, compared to any other lower 48 state.

Glitch was that an accisent, some fool druggie/drunk or a real attack? 56 k mo dumb, video is not my friend.

Metlakatia, I am not so sure ccw and carry is legal in every single of the lower 48, but i won't say that I know for sure what is legal in all 48 states.

I know getting a permit is some states requires you sign a packt with the Devil his self.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:06 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetMePost View Post
Guns are fun to shoot at the range. I own a few handguns and have been to a few gun shows. I don't see it as a big deal either way. Some people are extremely hardcore about it. The truth is you probably don't really need guns though.

As for getting robbed, I think I if you're fortunate enough to be able to pull out your gun in in time, then you're very lucky. Most people that probably need guns are people that own small businesses in the ghetto.

As for protecting your rights from the government, I think that maybe in the 1700's and 1800's, your typical hunting rifle is pretty on par with what the Army would have. You could probably get away with using it in battle. In today's world, your civilian model AR-15 isn't going to do squat to a tank, black hawk, or drone. If the government wanted to take your rights by force, they can. The best defense against that is really to stay educated.
Staying educated protects my rights??????

How about exposing and publicizing government abuse of power? Wouldn't that be much more productive?

Old 01-27-2011, 04:11 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,912,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I like the specs of the 6.5 through the ar and it would be fine for our local rabbit sized deer. How long does it take you to swap out the uppers?
For most it is under 1 minute. Not that there is any rush. I have AR's chambered in standard 5.56x45 (aka .223), 6.8SPC and 7.62x39 (the dreaded AK-47 round).

Besides the 6.5 and .458, you can get AR's in .22LR, 9mm, .45ACP, 5.45x45, 5.7x24 (that FN pistol round) and a few really unusual rounds.

Bolt action uppers are available in .50BMG, .460 (Barrett's own round) and .338 Lapua Magnum.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:19 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Quote:

Metlakatia, I am not so sure ccw and carry is legal in every single of the lower 48, but i won't say that I know for sure what is legal in all 48 states.

That is not what I said.

Illinois and Wisconsin I think are the only -48 states that don't issue concealed carry permits. In Alaska and Arizona, you don't need a permit to carry either concealed or openly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies