Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you glad that George W. Bush says he's done with politics?
Yes, it's the best news I've heard all day 14 24.14%
Yes, but it's not a big deal to me 17 29.31%
No, I will miss him 10 17.24%
Doesn't matter to me at all 17 29.31%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 10:31 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,637,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I'm shocked to find out that NCN didn't vote for Bush.
I voted for Gore and hoped that he would be the next president, but I was wrong and I think Bush was a much better president than he would ever have been. Gore and Tipper were moral people but he did not have enough backbone to tell the democratic party that they were going in the wrong direction and one day I realized that as a Christian I could not support the kind of things that go on in the democratic party. There are so many democrats on here that hate anything Christian. I was working on a calling list one day when I realized the democratic party had left me. I didn't leave it, it left me. I could not put on my rose colored glasses anymore and ignore the trashy things going on around me.

It is funny that I used to go to the primary elections and nobody I voted for ever won. Now when I get the republican ticket in front of me, almost everybody I vote for wins.

Last edited by NCN; 01-28-2011 at 10:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 10:47 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,549,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I voted for Gore and hoped that he would be the next president, but I was wrong and I think Bush was a much better president than he would ever have been. Gore and Tipper were moral people but he did not have enough backbone to tell the democratic party that they were going in the wrong direction and one day I realized that as a Christian I could not support the kind of things that go on in the democratic party. There are so many democrats on here that hate anything Christian. I was working on a calling list one day when I realized the democratic party had left me. I didn't leave it, it left me. I could not put on my rose colored glasses anymore and ignore the trashy things going on around me.

It is funny that I used to go to the primary elections and nobody I voted for ever won. Now when I get the republican ticket in front of me, almost everybody I vote for wins.
Democratic immorality? Please... how many republican gay sex scandals have there been in the past few years? These events didn't offend your delicate Christian sensibilities?

Old 01-28-2011, 10:55 PM

3,451 posts, read 7,056,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
Democratic immorality? Please... how many republican gay sex scandals have there been in the past few years? These events didn't offend your delicate Christian sensibilities?
They just claim that those caught in scandals like that were not "real Christians", and that they were not "real republicans".

Old 01-28-2011, 10:57 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,012,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
They just claim that those caught in scandals like that were not "real Christians", and that they were not "real republicans".
faux Republicans?

Old 01-28-2011, 11:04 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,637,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
I am really an independent. And no gays don't offend me any more than any other sinners do, but look at the policies of the two parties. I don't want to hijack this thread. It is not about me, but I felt that I should explain how a lifelong democrat changed to republican, and now realizes she is more like the Tea Party, but really a true independent. It is all about choices. I don't like gays pushing their agenda and trying to make children believe a lie. A gay relationship is a sin and wrong, but they are still people and we are to love them.
But children do need to be protected from the lie that being gay is a normal relationship. Children need to be taught the difference between natural and unnatural and right and wrong. I will probably be changing my registration to independent some time this year. And you don't want me to get started on murdering babies.

Old 01-28-2011, 11:05 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
Quote:
Why have a thread to try and kick this family around some more? I did not vote for him and did not agree with some of his decisions, but he was the president of the United States and I don't think his place of birth has ever been in question. I don't blame him for making that statement. The ungrateful swine in this country do not deserve to have an honorable president who was honestly trying to make this country better and a first lady that is unquestionable a lady.

This democratic party has turned into the meanest bunch of people I have ever seen in my lifetime. Yes, it is time for you to tone it down. Where did you people learn to act so mean?
lol... Honey, it's not the Democratic Party talking. It's the American people. Bush left office with an approval rating around 25%.

Besides, when a former President says he's "done" with politics, it's newsworthy. There's nothing wrong with our discussing it.

Old 01-28-2011, 11:08 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
That's the only thing I give him credit for. He took a lot of **** from people, and dind't pass the buck off to anyone unlike Obama where he has to constantly remind everyone it's Bush's fault.
Of course Bush didn't blame anyone. There was nothing to blame anyone for. He inherited a country in terrific condition. (And then look what he did with it... )

Old 01-28-2011, 11:11 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,576,037 times
Doesn't matter to me at all. The damage has been done. Whats the use of him getting out of politics now?

Old 01-28-2011, 11:20 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,012,211 times
Quote:
I am really an independent. And no gays don't offend me any more than any other sinners do, but look at the policies of the two parties. I don't want to hijack this thread. It is not about me, but I felt that I should explain how a lifelong democrat changed to republican, and now realizes she is more like the Tea Party, but really a true independent. It is all about choices. I don't like gays pushing their agenda and trying to make children believe a lie. A gay relationship is a sin and wrong, but they are still people and we are to love them.
But children do need to be protected from the lie that being gay is a normal relationship. Children need to be taught the difference between natural and unnatural and right and wrong. I will probably be changing my registration to independent some time this year. And you don't want me to get started on murdering babies.
I was going to respond to this, but in the interests of not hijacking the thread, I shall restrain myself.
But, really........

Old 01-28-2011, 11:50 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,549,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
He's following in his fathers footsteps.

Bowing out graciously.

The sign of a man that knows in his heart that he gave all he had!

He has nothing left to prove.

God Bless him and his family. (although I'm not too thrilled with his mother!)

I concur totally!! Classy guy. He's wise to know when to hang it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies