Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you glad that George W. Bush says he's done with politics?
Yes, it's the best news I've heard all day 14 24.14%
Yes, but it's not a big deal to me 17 29.31%
No, I will miss him 10 17.24%
Doesn't matter to me at all 17 29.31%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 12:01 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
I'm sure Dubya agrees with those history teachers.
I agree! Those teaches will probably be taking out the info from his book and not the history books.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 12:08 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Of course Bush didn't blame anyone. There was nothing to blame anyone for. He inherited a country in terrific condition. (And then look what he did with it... )
Exactly!

Old 01-29-2011, 12:11 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,005,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
As a resident of TX Looking back years later she couldn't have been more correct. There are thousands of Katrina refugees who are still in Houston TX and in many aspects Katrina was the best thing that ever happened to them.
Yes, I would second that. the ppl that fled NOLA were the dregs of that city. I think that B Bush was having a senior moment when she said that.

Old 01-29-2011, 12:13 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,005,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Bush retired from politics 2 years ago. He wrote a book, but that's about it. Retirement life in Dallas has been great for him. He can finally relax now & go to his ranch in Crawford when ever he like's.

He's definitely not a Bill Clinton or Al Gore still sticking their noses into everything.
George W is basically a very lazy and unworldly man. It's small wonder that he wouldn't want to use his influence, energies and wealth to improve the situation of the world, country or Texas.

Old 01-29-2011, 12:16 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,582,287 times
I'm going to miss him. He is one of our greatest Presidents. He was the right man at the right time.

After an event like 9/11, most other countries would have turned inward and become isolationists. But Bush did exactly what was needed. He took the fight straight to the enemy and destroyed their hideouts.

Old 01-29-2011, 12:20 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
Oh wow! ANOTHER stupid thread!!! Woo HOOOO!!! Why have any serious intellectual discussions about the REAL problems this country is having, when one can just post mindless, idiotic threads and get some type of latent neanderthal thrill out of it!?!?!
And yet you felt compelled to respond.

You're not going to get "serious intellectual discussions about the REAL problems this country is having" on CD.

You certainly don't think you get serious intellectual discussions on CD?
Really?

Old 01-29-2011, 12:21 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,482,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
Oh wow! ANOTHER stupid thread!!! Woo HOOOO!!! Why have any serious intellectual discussions about the REAL problems this country is having, when one can just post mindless, idiotic threads and get some type of latent neanderthal thrill out of it!?!?!
The most dire of which did not exist before the Bushbarians galloped into town.

Old 01-29-2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I'm not defending Bush, I never liked the guy cause conservative he was not, but Clinton had the opportunity to veto the NAFTA bill, and he didn't. Every president since Woodrow Wilson has been anti-America, except JFK. And he got shot in the face. My most favorite president has to be Andrew Jackson, because he defeated the powerful banking interests that were trying to take over America back then.
Council on Foreign Relations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Founded in 1921 and headquartered at 58 East 68th Street in New York City, with an additional office in Washington, D.C., the CFR is considered to be the nation's 'most influential foreign-policy think tank."

Coincidence?

Old 01-29-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I second that. He has fought the good fight, he has finished the course, he has kept the faith and he does care for our military and is not trying to shaft it. He is a real gentleman because he has been blamed for much he was not responsible for and could do nothing about, but took it on the chin and did not try to blame anyone else.

When a person knows that one day we will all stand before our creator and give account for our lives, he doesn't have to try to impress anyone. When a person has done the best he could, no one can ask for any more.

God bless the whole Bush family and give them peace in their retirement and maybe a little fun too.
NCN = No Cerebral Network?

Old 01-29-2011, 01:19 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,826,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Bush says he's done with politics, fundraising, campaigning -

I totally support his decision. I just wish he had made this decision about 11 years ago.
He is a 2 term former President.....that is what they do , or should do anyhow jimmycarter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies