Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you glad that George W. Bush says he's done with politics?
Yes, it's the best news I've heard all day 14 24.14%
Yes, but it's not a big deal to me 17 29.31%
No, I will miss him 10 17.24%
Doesn't matter to me at all 17 29.31%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 12:01 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,998,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Doesn't matter to me at all. The damage has been done. Whats the use of him getting out of politics now?
Bush retired from politics 2 years ago. He wrote a book, but that's about it. Retirement life in Dallas has been great for him. He can finally relax now & go to his ranch in Crawford when ever he like's.

He's definitely not a Bill Clinton or Al Gore still sticking their noses into everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 05:37 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
What is it about his mother that you don't like?
She's an "elite".

Do you remember what she said about the people of New Orleans in the Astrodome after hurricane katrina?

"What I'm hearing, which is sort of scary, is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality. And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this is working very well for them."

I just cannot respect her.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:40 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,621,890 times
I think George wants to live a normal life...good for him why is this news?

Old 01-29-2011, 05:50 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
I think George wants to live a normal life...good for him why is this news?
It's news because some ex-Presidents don't know when to shut up.

While it is their right to say what they want, they should be gracious.

Carter, the proven anti-Semite, should have stuck to building houses for the poor. That would have been a good legacy after a rotten presidency.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:52 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Bush retired from politics 2 years ago. He wrote a book, but that's about it. Retirement life in Dallas has been great for him. He can finally relax now & go to his ranch in Crawford when ever he like's.
He's definitely not a Bill Clinton or Al Gore still sticking their noses into everything.
Exactly. He's got a great and fulfilling life outside of politics. Not so much for Bill and Al.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:58 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
It's news because some ex-Presidents don't know when to shut up.

While it is their right to say what they want, they should be gracious.

Carter, the proven anti-Semite, should have stuck to building houses for the poor. That would have been a good legacy after a rotten presidency.
My thoughts exactly.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:08 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
She's an "elite".

Do you remember what she said about the people of New Orleans in the Astrodome after hurricane katrina?

"What I'm hearing, which is sort of scary, is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality. And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this is working very well for them."

I just cannot respect her.
As a resident of TX Looking back years later she couldn't have been more correct. There are thousands of Katrina refugees who are still in Houston TX and in many aspects Katrina was the best thing that ever happened to them.

Old 01-29-2011, 11:56 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
He's following in his fathers footsteps.

Bowing out graciously.

The sign of a man that knows in his heart that he gave all he had!

He has nothing left to prove.

God Bless him and his family. (although I'm not too thrilled with his mother!)
Actually I think people ran him out. His mother is the only Bush that I liked.

Old 01-29-2011, 11:58 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Thing about Bush, he took and accepted the blame, for many things that were put in place before him, and it fell in his lap.
When?

Old 01-29-2011, 11:59 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,352,878 times
This will be one of those threads it is more fun to see how people voted than vote!!!

Once you vote, you can't tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies