Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you glad that George W. Bush says he's done with politics?
Yes, it's the best news I've heard all day 14 24.14%
Yes, but it's not a big deal to me 17 29.31%
No, I will miss him 10 17.24%
Doesn't matter to me at all 17 29.31%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 09:28 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I thought it starnge that he now say he saved the nation with te TARP idea. No one reallt is folled tho which adminsitration put TARP to congress.

Obama was on the campaign trail.
The administration was Bush's, on Capital Hill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 09:32 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,998,067 times
I would be done with politics too if I were him. He's had enough to deal with in 8 years than most US presidents have.

Bush doesn't want to stick his nose in current affairs like some past presidents I know.

Old 01-28-2011, 09:39 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Oh please. I don't think most people are here for serious intellectual discussions.

I here for the free beer!

Old 01-28-2011, 09:40 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,637,408 times
Why have a thread to try and kick this family around some more? I did not vote for him and did not agree with some of his decisions, but he was the president of the United States and I don't think his place of birth has ever been in question. I don't blame him for making that statement. The ungrateful swine in this country do not deserve to have an honorable president who was honestly trying to make this country better and a first lady that is unquestionable a lady.

This democratic party has turned into the meanest bunch of people I have ever seen in my lifetime. Yes, it is time for you to tone it down. Where did you people learn to act so mean?

Old 01-28-2011, 09:47 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,763,920 times
Well, he has a nice wife, and a good spread in Texas. I wish him a good retirement.

Now if Karl Rove would do the same, I would be twice as happy.

Old 01-28-2011, 09:59 PM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Well, he has a nice wife, and a good spread in Texas. I wish him a good retirement.

Now if Karl Rove would do the same, I would be twice as happy.
I second that. He has fought the good fight, he has finished the course, he has kept the faith and he does care for our military and is not trying to shaft it. He is a real gentleman because he has been blamed for much he was not responsible for and could do nothing about, but took it on the chin and did not try to blame anyone else.

When a person knows that one day we will all stand before our creator and give account for our lives, he doesn't have to try to impress anyone. When a person has done the best he could, no one can ask for any more.

God bless the whole Bush family and give them peace in their retirement and maybe a little fun too.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:02 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,445,226 times
Default George W. Bush says he's done with politics, fundraising, campaigning

His record as president will always follow him through history. Not a pretty picture.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:06 PM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
His record as president will always follow him through history. Not a pretty picture.
I have heard more than one history teacher say that when his administration is looked at from a historical viewpoint, he will get the credit that he deserves and it will be a pretty picture.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:07 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,445,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I have heard more than one history teacher say that when his administration is looked at from a historical viewpoint, he will get the credit that he deserves and it will be a pretty picture.

I'm sure Dubya agrees with those history teachers.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:08 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,012,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Why have a thread to try and kick this family around some more? I did not vote for him and did not agree with some of his decisions, but he was the president of the United States and I don't think his place of birth has ever been in question. I don't blame him for making that statement. The ungrateful swine in this country do not deserve to have an honorable president who was honestly trying to make this country better and a first lady that is unquestionable a lady.

This democratic party has turned into the meanest bunch of people I have ever seen in my lifetime. Yes, it is time for you to tone it down. Where did you people learn to act so mean?
Better watch out, you're sounding like one of those "mean" conservatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies