Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2011, 12:34 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,329,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Sorry Roy but it is obvious that you agree with his post of LIES that everyone left of the far right is a supporter of radical Islam so I will not discuss the issue with you, for old times sake. He has said it to several people today and made a blanket statement to cover the rest, enough said. Nor can I dicuss any future LIES he spews here since I can no longer see them since he is now on ignore and will remain there.
Casper
Ignore is the weapon of a coward. I just use what I call "personal ignore" so I can see the ignored person and ignore what I don't want to address. I do take it as a badge to proudly wear when someone puts me on ignore because they can't deal with what I say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Thanks for validating what I already thought.
Casper
Thought, hell. You knew that and have for some time.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
He seems like a worthy prize winner to me. Perhaps even a future leader of a reformed Egypt.

Press Release - Nobel Peace Prize 2005

The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided that the Nobel Peace Prize for 2005 is to be shared, in two equal parts, between the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and its Director General, Mohamed ElBaradei, for their efforts to prevent nuclear energy from being used for military purposes and to ensure that nuclear energy for peaceful purposes is used in the safest possible way.
At a time when the threat of nuclear arms is again increasing, the Norwegian Nobel Committee wishes to underline that this threat must be met through the broadest possible international cooperation. This principle finds its clearest expression today in the work of the IAEA and its Director General. In the nuclear non-proliferation regime, it is the IAEA which controls that nuclear energy is not misused for military purposes, and the Director General has stood out as an unafraid advocate of new measures to strengthen that regime. At a time when disarmament efforts appear deadlocked, when there is a danger that nuclear arms will spread both to states and to terrorist groups, and when nuclear power again appears to be playing an increasingly significant role, IAEA's work is of incalculable importance.
In his will, Alfred Nobel wrote that the Peace Prize should, among other criteria, be awarded to whoever had done most for the "abolition or reduction of standing armies". In its application of this criterion in recent decades, the Norwegian Nobel Committee has concentrated on the struggle to diminish the significance of nuclear arms in international politics, with a view to their abolition. That the world has achieved little in this respect makes active opposition to nuclear arms all the more important today.
Oslo, 7 October 2005

Mohamed ElBaradei - Nobel Lecture

Imagine what would happen if the nations of the world spent as much on development as on building the machines of war. Imagine a world where every human being would live in freedom and dignity. Imagine a world in which we would shed the same tears when a child dies in Darfur or Vancouver. Imagine a world where we would settle our differences through diplomacy and dialogue and not through bombs or bullets. Imagine if the only nuclear weapons remaining were the relics in our museums. Imagine the legacy we could leave to our children.

Imagine that such a world is within our grasp.
I guess you think that our days of Egyptian friendship are soon to be ended. I remember how i felt about ElBaradei insisting that Hussein had to be warned what day the UN groups would be where to check. I always thought that unannounced inspections would have been embarrassing to the Iraqis.

ElBaradei's Nobel acceptance speech were words aimed at telling those in attendance how peaceful he felt. He knew, as well as any of us, that we have been building the weapons of war since WW II began to convince many that we could defend ourselves, if necessary, and that we had been looked at by so many people in the world as their protectors against both Eastern Europe and the East. When Islam became a threat to the same people we kept on supplying our military forces. No, that speech shows me nothing but words aimed at making him look better than I have ever seen him.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucasLongLostChin View Post
I don't think you understand. This is not about what you think or what you. This revolution is theirs and whatever you think about it is irrelevant. It will unfold the way they want it.

To claim that they don't know anything about democracy is arrogant and I'd wager that they understand the grasp its concepts better than you because you seem to believe you have a say in what people do in OTHER countries.

Try not to act like your typical nosy american. Just mind your own business.
How about you commenting on the end of the peaceful part of this revolution when the Mubarak supporters showed up at the show? Did you really think this thing would remain so "peaceful"?

Old 02-02-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucasLongLostChin View Post
I actually watched his latest segment on a blog. It had so much crazy, I couldn't believe this guy is still on the air.

He went around his black board, 'predicting' where major powers would take over, as if the world is a simple game of Risk. It was quite funny.

No wonder this guy was diagnosed with ADHD.
Would that one be the one for yesterday, Feb. 1? Maybe you didn't see it on the blog that I keep talking about but on one from some lefty blog and if that was the case it was edited and out of context. How about you telling me what blog you saw it on so I could judge for myself what you saw?

Old 02-02-2011, 12:51 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,747,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Humorous joke. At least I chuckled, but then I am not so biased as many on both sides.

I was merely speaking to the fact that those peaceful, fist swinging riots had turned violent. The way I heard it both sides were throwing fire bombs (Molotov cocktails) at each others and King Tut's museum was afire. I don't care who threw that bunch, it happened and they will lose much of their museum history if it gets any more out of hand.

I think that too many of the rioters aren't supporters of democracy unless there is a bit of Muslim belief tied to their democracy. In the early days of those riots I kept hearing that they were largely students and the pictures seemed to show too many 40s and 50s people in the crowd.
The fact that the rioters are resorting to camel attacks and fire-bombs does not support Beck's theory about this whole thing being a part of some global caliphate. It is not. This whole thing started very small, and even the organizers themselves were surprised to see it gather so much momentum.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:52 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,855,496 times
Quote:
Can you tell me why Dorhn and Ayers along with Code Pink were so heavily involved in the attempts to break the Israeli blockade? Yes, I think it was their progressive beliefs but then I came to that kind of thinking before I heard Beck talk about it.

Hey, since you caught Beck the last two days maybe you could come up with some of the answers to my question since he will be doing the progressives today.
Perhaps they are concerned about the Israeli blockade of Gaza and it affects on the people of Gaza. This wouldn't back them very unique.

Noble Peace Laureate Desmond Tutu:
"My message to the international community is that our silence and complicity, especially on the situation in Gaza, shames us all. It is almost like the behavior of the military junta in Burma."

And of the Boat flotilla itself:
"Peace and security, we discovered in South Africa, do not come through the barrel of a gun...I support the boat convoy in its attempt."

But perhaps Tutu is just in league with the MB in its attempt to establish a Caliphate.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The fact that the rioters are resorting to camel attacks and fire-bombs does not support Beck's theory about this whole thing being a part of some global caliphate. It is not. This whole thing started very small, and even the organizers themselves were surprised to see it gather so much momentum.
You just have to start watching the man in order to see what he is saying. I have read too much from Kos and MM and how they do their work on him to not know what kind of crap you are going by. Bits and pieces can do a good job of saying what the users want said and too much of that is what we get.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Perhaps they are concerned about the Israeli blockade of Gaza and it affects on the people of Gaza. This wouldn't back them very unique.

Noble Peace Laureate Desmond Tutu:
"My message to the international community is that our silence and complicity, especially on the situation in Gaza, shames us all. It is almost like the behavior of the military junta in Burma."

And of the Boat flotilla itself:
"Peace and security, we discovered in South Africa, do not come through the barrel of a gun...I support the boat convoy in its attempt."

But perhaps Tutu is just in league with the MB in its attempt to establish a Caliphate.
When Tutu said that about peace and security not coming through the barrel of a gun and then supporting those armed thugs on too many of the flotilla ships who wanted only to use their weapons to make the Israelis look bad he told me a whole lot about how he thinks.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:05 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,747,548 times
Quote:
You just have to start watching the man in order to see what he is saying. I have read too much from Kos and MM and how they do their work on him to not know what kind of crap you are going by. Bits and pieces can do a good job of saying what the users want said and too much of that is what we get.
I do not read Kos or MM. Beck is the most partisan person I can think of, and that is why I cannot take anything he says seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies