Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 01:20 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,781,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
???
It's not our place to have any input into a sovereign nation's business.
it is our place when their business impacts our business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 01:21 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,793,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
you will not be left alone until your oil has dried up.

i really dont understand why we let the middle eastern nations control their oil resources just because they happen the be under their countries land. we should go in and secure their oil for ourselves. land/resources is only the property of those who can defend them. nobody has rights to anything simply by being located somewhere.
The oil wouldn't be worth the cost to secure that oil.

The U.S. Military Spends Trillions for Oil - By Peter Maass | Foreign Policy

Old 02-02-2011, 01:21 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,482,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So it's all about YOU, huh? Those awful democracy desiring Egyptians had better not stand in the way of your SUV!!!
No dear it's all about us securing an oil supply. We cannot survive without oil. That's what it's all about. I didn't say I agree with it. Or do you think we'd survive as a world power without their oil?

Old 02-02-2011, 01:22 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,265,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
it is our place when their business impacts our business.
Then take your business somewhere else. Your business should have no bearing on how they conduct their business in a soveriegn nation. You're there as a guest. If you don't feel welcome...leave.

657 posts, read 698,420 times
oh and I thought the right wing was all about democracy and "spreading freedom". What happened to all the pro-democracy and pro-freedom advocates such as Bolton, now all of a sudden they all turned pro-dictatorship it seems

1,011 posts, read 1,018,007 times
You are gonna lose anyway. The Egyptian people have spoken.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:23 PM

68,350 posts, read 54,502,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Many on the left were unsure too....waiting to see which way Obama went I guess.

You would think democracy is good no matter what,guess not.
Who can possibly think it's such a good thing after witnessing the Iraq debacle?

11,135 posts, read 14,209,678 times
What I find interesting about this is that it does matter to the GOP going into 2012. On one hand you have the Rand/Ron Paul factions of the Tea Party calling for things like an end to US foreign aid and on the other you have people like Jon Kyl and John McCain out there pushing hard for more US intervention.

We have already seen how Beck and Limbaugh feel about this, now it will be interesting to watch how the GOP leadership responds.

24,620 posts, read 28,316,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeeKrewe View Post
Apparently you live an oil free life & feel you can cast stones at other fellow Americans. I bet you use more oil than I or those conservatives whom you despise. They are conservative by nature they consume less than they deserve unlike democrats who not only consume theirs but everyone else's earnings.
What evidence do you have to attack another poster who disagrees with you?
You're making unfounded accusations and allegations against another poster.
Please read the TOS.

If the oil isn't ours, is it the right of the US to kill for it?
Seriously?

Wouldn't it better benefit the US to find alternate fuels?

Old 02-02-2011, 01:25 PM

68,350 posts, read 54,502,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yea, the right wing looney-bin really got full yesterday. John Bolton said on Hannity's radio show that this uprising is even more proof that Israel needs to strike Iran RIGHT NOW cuz time is running out!

Huh?
I believe those calling for 'strikes' should be given guns and invited to lead the charge, let's see just how deep their commitment runs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies