Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 10:19 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,794,068 times

Advertisements

I do love how Obama gets bashed by Republicans for using a Republican idea to solve the health care problem.

So if the Republican solution fails in the courts, maybe we should just go back to offering the public option. After all, it's an option not a mandate...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 10:22 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
Unless you live under a rock, you already know that a Florida Federal Judge ruled ObamaCare unconstitutional.

What you may NOT know is that Judge Vinson used Obama's own words to substantiate his ruling.....

Ya gotta love this judge... not only is he attacking the constitutionality of the bill, he's got the guts to use Obama's own words to make his case.

Quote Source: Judge rules against health law, cites Obama's words - Washington Times
That's nice, but it seems to me he would have been better off to use the Law as justification.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:22 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
I do love how Obama gets bashed by Republicans for using a Republican idea to solve the health care problem.

So if the Republican solution fails in the courts, maybe we should just go back to offering the public option. After all, it's an option not a mandate...
an idea that got correctly shot down 15 years ago and should have been shot down now

get rid of the governmnet in health care...especially the FDA

and get rid of health insurance for everyday care...bring back hospitalization

Old 02-04-2011, 10:26 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
That's nice, but it seems to me he would have been better off to use the Law as justification.

Or if your the current adminstration...you just ignore all law...

Old 02-04-2011, 11:04 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
You clearly don't understand Wickard. I've already discussed it in detail in 2 other threads that are actually about the ruling. I'm not going to rehash it here in a thread that's nothing but a bash President Obama thread. Wrong. But I'm not surprised.
I do understand it and I'm not suitably interested enough in your progressive mis-interpretation of the Constitution to go back to other threads and read up on it.
Must pain you tremendously that a federal judge doesn't agree with you either.Maybe e-mail him the links and you might get an honorable mention in his next decision

FYI we all have the right to criticize our politicians, calling it "bashing" doesn't change a thing.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:12 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,983,145 times
My Son is very liberal and is a Constitutional Law professor at quite a prestigious school.

We've discussed the constitutionality of a mandate at length and even he who would love to see universal health care come to exist cannot see an extension of the Commerce Clause to include said mandate as constitutional.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:27 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
YAY, another Obama bashing thread!

Doesn't matter that the judge was flat out wrong in using that quote as any kind of legal authority (since it clearly wasn't).

Doesn't matter that the judge just completely ignored Wickard and Lopez and their actual legal authority covering this Law.

Let's just make fun of our President! Yippee!!

How pathetic.
You forgot to call everyone who disagrees with you and Obama racist....

Old 02-04-2011, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Doesn't matter that the judge just completely ignored Wickard and Lopez and their actual legal authority covering this Law.

Assuming probably isn't very prudent.

Often times it kicks back.

The judge in question actually DID touch on legal precedent such as Wickard and Lopez in his ruling of 78 pages.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:39 AM

I actually fail to even see anyone here "making fun" of the President in this thread.

We're just laughing at the irony involved in using Obama's own words as a footnote within the Judge's ruling.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:49 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,328,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
I actually fail to even see anyone here "making fun" of the President in this thread.

We're just laughing at the irony involved in using Obama's own words as a footnote within the Judge's ruling.
I DO find that ironic, and funny too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies