Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 10:27 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,739,536 times

Advertisements

a little late isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2011, 10:35 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,666,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
The polls vastly oversamp;ed Democrats. Makes it an unreliable couple of polls.

In any case, there is no money to pay for government union's sweetheart deals.
The issue isn't about money. It's about the rights of the worker.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
The tea party is from and into both the Democrat and Republican parties, so they are not one or the other.
Name one Democrat who was elected or endorsed in any state, in any race, by the Tea Party in the last election.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:37 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,983,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post

Do you feel workers have the right to not have union dues automatically deducted from their paycheck?

Old 03-01-2011, 10:39 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,983,879 times
Quote:
Name one Democrat who was elected or endorsed in any state, in any race, by the Tea Party in the last election.
None...because the Tea Party was BORN out of a grassroots movement of people who were tired of Democrats not listening to the voices of the people.

And what he was saying is that the Tea Party is made up of 51% Democrats and Independents...not just Republicans.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:48 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Don't kid yourself it's always about the money. No one has the right to be given a job. No one should have the right to force me to pay them what they think is fair. The free market decides that, not some corrupt official who doesn't have my best interests in mind. I didn't start my business for anyone but me. I decide, not you.
Government needs to make laws that help set the free market in motion not stifle it under the guise of helping. Quit helping it hasn't worked very well, now has it?

Old 03-01-2011, 11:09 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
Do you feel workers have the right to not have union dues automatically deducted from their paycheck?
Not if they are union members.
Casper

Old 03-01-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Don't kid yourself it's always about the money. No one has the right to be given a job. No one should have the right to force me to pay them what they think is fair. The free market decides that, not some corrupt official who doesn't have my best interests in mind. I didn't start my business for anyone but me. I decide, not you.
Government needs to make laws that help set the free market in motion not stifle it under the guise of helping. Quit helping it hasn't worked very well, now has it?
There is no free market if the workers do not have a voice. It becomes a market dominated by corporate interests and shareholders. The workers become the lowest common denominator in the equasion.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:13 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
That is correct you do not have to hire union workers but then again they do not have to work for you. No one is forcing anyone they are called negotions, even with non-union workers that is a possibility, you just have to do it one on one. The teachers have already agreed to the terms except losing their bargaining rights, so the fight is about unions not money, see how simple that is. Oh, GM is doing real good right now, unions and all, so your arguement fails the test of reality.
Casper

Old 03-01-2011, 11:23 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,618,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
According to a new Wisconsin poll released today, Scott Walker would only receive 45% of the vote against his former democratic opponent if a new election was held today. The polling firm attributed the shift in support to households in Wisconsin with at least one union member (and I'm guessing the difference is R union homes).

Another national poll released today by CBS/New York Times shows that 57% oppose and only 37% support cutting the pay and benefits of public employees to reduce state budget deficits, and 60% oppose and only 30% favor taking away the collective bargaining rights of public workers.

Scott Walker may be trying to win a battle in Wisconsin, but the R's are losing a war because of it. The public doesn't support these efforts, both in and outside of Wisconsin. Many of you are certain the R's will take the blame if Walker doesn't compromise on the budget bill--according to these numbers, I don't think I'd be so sure.

Wisconsin voters would shift to Democrat in new election: poll | Reuters

Poll shows support for organized labor - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
And if we legislated based on polls, President Skippy wouldn't have passed obamacare. Fact of the matter is, Walker is governor. Deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies