Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2011, 08:21 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,779,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
obama, bush, clinton, reagan, carter, nixon, ford, lbj, kennedy, ike were all leftwing by their actions. the last time someone from the real right had a shot at office was when barry goldwater ran, period!
Of those republican presidents mentioned, why do you consider them left wing but then turn around and blame liberals for what republicans lost sight over? It's this departure of personal accountability among Republican thinking I find so odious. I don't see what you're saying about Ike in any slight way. People express a distaste over Ford because he came across as milquetoast but it was what his country most needed of him at the time with so much social upheaval going on. Let the dust settle was not foolish IMO.

BTW I also tend to agree Goldwater was a decent man (even if I cannot agree with him on all things) but social conservatives didn't want to believe there was anything wrong with themselves. Not much has changed with them since save for higher levels of desperation/ anxiety. I hope they find the way to articulate something healthy. They're too stuck in hatefulness and there's nothing Christian I can see in them. They act old testament and I'll leave you to interpret the weight of implications in that statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Basically no mater what the growig debt to GDP and massively increased governamnt spneding was at the tippig point nas gne beyond it. Not just here but we ahve seen what it si doig ineuroep which is much past that tippig point.One reason educationis a target is that it consumes soucvh of the state spending and the return for spending is not there. basically it is just what happens when we get beyond what people want ot contribute to a fialing cause. The pubkic is startig to measure edcution by return on inveswtment like anyhting. For deacdes the return on investment has gotten way out fo control. The pubic education system itself has resisted all attempts to correct the problems ;so now they suffer the conseuences .
The debt was not necessary if not for monkey business legislation shooting holes in government programs. You guys put sugar in the gas tank and meant for America to fail. No excuses. No lies. No BS. Own it like a man.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:31 PM

9,890 posts, read 10,820,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
This man was silent during the Bush years, like all the rest of the Republicans. Where was the outrage to the spending that Bush was doing? Why ignore that reality and its collosal negative impact to slash the living daylights out of education? Education was ignored during the Bush years, now he wants to slash it, pretending as if the GOP didn't bring us to this mess? This is the beginning of the end to the GOP. I sense a total annihilation of Republican candidates come 2012. Way to eliminate yourselves, Pubs.

Wis. governor: Ax $900 million from education - U.S. news - Life - msnbc.com
Really......... I thought the beginning of the end was the 08 election,or no wasn't it the 2010 election. You guys are sounding like those end times doom-sayers who keep changing the dates for the rapture. don't worry alexus we still know obama is the greatest.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:12 PM

6 posts, read 7,058 times
I'm not sure how a backwater governor has any impact on national politics...unless you're a democrap and looking hard for anything to grasp onto to slow your fall...

Old 03-03-2011, 09:15 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,896,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
This man was silent during the Bush years, like all the rest of the Republicans. Where was the outrage to the spending that Bush was doing? Why ignore that reality and its collosal negative impact to slash the living daylights out of education? Education was ignored during the Bush years, now he wants to slash it, pretending as if the GOP didn't bring us to this mess? This is the beginning of the end to the GOP. I sense a total annihilation of Republican candidates come 2012. Way to eliminate yourselves, Pubs.

Wis. governor: Ax $900 million from education - U.S. news - Life - msnbc.com
Yes. I forsee a one party country because Democrats are doing such a great job

Old 03-03-2011, 09:21 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,628,634 times
walker is a hero too all of we poeple in the south were edacation is good and cheep!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-03-2011, 09:37 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,608,641 times
Of coarse the Progressives are freaking out. Who expected any different?

Progressives lost in a landslide Nov. 2nd, 2010 It was historical.
It wasn't a shot across the bow. It was a direct hit to the stern and rudder.
Delusional denying it, shows the mentality that beat themselves, and only digs the whole deeper for them.

It is actually entertaining to watch them squirm, like a worm in a frying pan.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:28 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,352,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Come on Casper, I know this is asking a lot of you but think it through...

The WI taxpayers aren't as stupid as you and your ilk seem to be. They are fully aware of the fact that there would be no point in public employee unions insisting on being able to continue to collectively bargain unless they FULLY INTEND to demand more and more from the WI taxpayers in the future, in perpetuity.

So, again, collective bargaining ain't going to happen without money ...which has to come from the WI taxpayers. Are they willing to pay higher tax bills? I've not seen any proof of that.

(Please note: I cleaned up your sloppy html tags.)
This is known as a strawman argument - a very common logical fallacy. Nice try, though.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:32 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,352,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Of coarse the Progressives are freaking out. Who expected any different?

Progressives lost in a landslide Nov. 2nd, 2010 It was historical.
It wasn't a shot across the bow. It was a direct hit to the stern and rudder.
Delusional denying it, shows the mentality that beat themselves, and only digs the whole deeper for them.

It is actually entertaining to watch them squirm, like a worm in a frying pan.
So if you don't like Progressives, you are by definition favoring Regressives?

Old 03-04-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Walker is singlehandedly bringing about the demise of the TParty influence on the GOP. Got to give him credit for something Palin, DeMint, Bachmann, etc., have tried and failed to do.
You can't blame any of the cast of characters for doing anything less than representing a very sick constituency unwilling/ unable to articulate their grievances. Christine O'Donnell was poetic license. "I am you". Irrational, manipulative, self absorbed, destructive, self serving, ignorant, grandiose... and a whole lot more nonsense unqualified for much of anything. When leadership appeases this crowd they're still miserable because they're miserable and misery loves company?

I mean, seriously? On the one hand they claim family values but not many of them can keep it in their pants. They claim to be religious and they spew hatred. They claim to be religious but use religion to rob human beings of their own free will by manipulating them for personal gain. They claim to be against affirmative action, but please do explain why Michael Steele was in that chair if not to change GOP 'image'. Are they really comprehending equality for women yet when every female representing GOP is animating herself as a defective male? Not one of them answers to a higher calling. They see cookie cutter pattern of hoops to jump through and mindlessly jump through them never understanding the meaning of anything. GOP made themselves a slave to image but the core wisdom behind those images is lost. The noble service was being a guardian and GOP kick at cops.

Colin Powell was on that stage and they completely overlooked him. Ron Paul is on a stage speaking sense and they yell over him. Right wing media smears and ignores him, then claim all things right are victims of bias. They're steering the right agenda to convert them into things they are not. Absent are the earnest critiques, or the earnest illustration of Pauls platform. There is no rational discussion to be had because they're incapable of believing anything they do is wrong. They're unqualified for anything save for waging war on whatever. They've spent their entire lives avoiding the awful truth about themselves as individuals and overcompensate with puffery. Ask Coulter anything and she cannot help but deflect the question by tossing irrelevant chaff and turning the simplest conversation into a dog fight of supremacy. The emperor with no clothes. Bush Jr truly was representing them and could in no way represent America because these people are unwilling to be Americans by their very own definitions. They act like wounded blacks caught in a blame game convinced they're disenfranchised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies