Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 07:34 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,087,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Have anything factual to support that allegation?

Absolutely! I watched the hearing and obviously YOU did not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 07:58 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,455,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
That would be about the most inefficent investigation ever. The administration has said that the radicalization of US citizens by Muslim extremists is a very real threat. Why dilute the process to spare the sensitivities of terrorists and wannabe terrorists? King has clearly said that is about how people are becoming radicalized and the threat they pose. Unless all Muslims fit that category, then the larger group shouldn't have any concerns.
By investigating all cases of radicalization and all cases of domestic terrorism is not diluting the process, its focusing on the entire problem and not part of the problem.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:58 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,087,093 times
Clearly some (probably most) on the left think we should just lay down and be controlled by muslim terrorist. The only way the terrorist will stop killing people is if you become a muslim. Oh wait, they kill muslims too.

Old 03-11-2011, 05:31 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,368,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Now that we know what you were doing while eating your Cheerios why not actuallly supply some facts?

As in a direct link to an identified Muslim testifying he's "sick of the left's insane politically correct stupidity" as you have alleged.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:53 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,582,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
By investigating all cases of radicalization and all cases of domestic terrorism is not diluting the process, its focusing on the entire problem and not part of the problem.
There is a part of the problem that is of particular urgency. To add an investigation into any way that someone may become radicalized involves additional government agencies and witnesses. This delays the focus on the part that the evidence points to as growing significantly and more urgent, simply for the sake of acknowledging that there are other problems to spare people's sensitivities.

Old 03-12-2011, 10:23 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,200,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Really? All I heard were a bunch of uncorroborated assertions and anecdotal evidence. Not a single piece of solid evidence supported King's derision of American Muslims.

Old 03-12-2011, 02:10 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,259,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
There are barely 1 million voting age Muslims in the entire country.

Comparing the massive Latino vote to them is like comparing an alligator to a lizard.

I have no idea what you are asking me. But whatever it is, no. I consider Shar'ia to be an abomination, an answer to nothing, and of absolutely no relevance to anything taking place in this country.

It is no existential threat to us, and much if not most of it is already against the law here.

Yet another example of how what things "seem" to you are often completely anomalous.
I see that you don't agree with the old lady who caught peeing in the ocean replied that her husband needed drowning and every little bit helps. This tells me that you don't think that every vote counts. You have said that all those illegal Latins who will be made citizens as soon as the Democrats can pass an amnesty bill will vote Democrat and the rest of us don't have a chance to beat them.

Nope, the Muslims are no threat to us. The people in the UK thought like that 30 or so years ago and now they have been forced to accept the enforcement of parts of Shar'ia in their legal system. Maybe someday you will be able to see what has happened in all those European countries that thought like you do back in the 1960s and invited them in. Have the Germans learned how big a mistake they made? How about the French and the Dutch?

Old 03-12-2011, 02:13 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,259,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
Really? All I heard were a bunch of uncorroborated assertions and anecdotal evidence. Not a single piece of solid evidence supported King's derision of American Muslims.
But I bet you really liked Representative Ellison's "testimony". I liked his crying most of all.

Old 03-13-2011, 06:17 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,200,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
But I bet you really liked Representative Ellison's "testimony". I liked his crying most of all.
No. I don't like any part of the legislature wasting time and tax dollars on the derision of American citizens with no grounds in empirical evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies