Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 08:42 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,797,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
Move somewhere else then. All you do is whine about your perceived injustices in this country. In what country do you imagine yourself having a better life?

And as far as more blacks getting busted for drug crimes, I think the fact that the police generally go after the dealers rather than the end users answers that question. I see them on nearly ever corner in certain neighborhoods. Everybody knows what their doing. It's so ridiculously obvious that the police don't have much trouble busting their dumb asses. What, you pissed at white folks for being more discreet?

No, I'm pissed at law-breaking white people not being put in jail. And smh if you think that it's all or even mostly dealers rotting in jail for drug offenses right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 09:30 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,552,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
No, I'm pissed at law-breaking white people not being put in jail. And smh if you think that it's all or even mostly dealers rotting in jail for drug offenses right now.
Oh I know, most of he people in jails and prisons across this great country are simply poor misunderstood victims of circumstance not to mention flagrant racial profiling. Hell, half of them are probably innocent, poor bastards. Especially blacks, it's well known that they are all framed by racist white cops. Poor O.J.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:23 AM

639 posts, read 1,292,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSoBe View Post
Perhaps you should hang out with a better group of people. 100 times in 2 months? Was it the same two guys?
No, I live in the hood and I'm well known an seen here. I really can't go anywhere without seeing drug dealers or being asked if I want weed, and you suburbanites act so surprised that they advertise openly and sell drugs on the street, matter fact across the street from the police station, thats one of the big traps around here. the cops know it, and the dealers know the cops know it but they still keep selling there open air morning to late afternoon. Matter fact that same spot, alot of **** goes down there. There was a drive-by there and a pregnant woman got hit by a stray, a lil kid stabbed another lil kid an there was a homicide inside the gas station on that block caught on tape. This is all directly across from the police station.

That's why so many black ppl are in prison, too many just don't give a f***.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:26 AM

639 posts, read 1,292,425 times

Old 03-16-2011, 07:32 AM

208 posts, read 417,034 times
Let me understand this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observation View Post
I know at least 5 blocks where I can get weed from boys posted up within a square mile of my house. I don't know about other drugs cause ive never tried crack or anything, but anyway, It's actually pretty convenient and nice cause all I have to do is walk to the corner store, or the shopping center, or the APT complex to get some bud, and its always the same group of guys at each spot so I know them and know what there quality and prices is. It's really nice, like walking into a MJ convenience store, but I think it's really stupid to be selling drugs like that.
Quote:
I was shot at by a cop and tackled and maced by 2 others when I was 11 at 3AM once. To be fair I was reaching for my gun and about to shoot at them when they rolled up on me cause I thought they were trying to kidnap or rape me cause they were not even in un-marked cars, just a normal cars.
Quote:
Unless you were one of the pigs that tackled me you shouldn't speak about events where you were not present.
My gun jammed, thats the only reason I'm alive right now.
Quote:
I only know 1 or 2 black criminals who are not completely 100% reckless out of the dozen I personally know on a first name basis and the other dozens I know just from street handles.
Quote:
The point he was making is whites buy and sell drugs indoors to people they know. blacks sell on the street to strangers, which is stupid and asking to be incarcerated. I get propositioned by random black dudes every day if I want to buy drugs ("str8 on loud bra", "got that girl" "u need exotic?", etc....) I hear those 3 phrases by 3 different black men that ive rarely even seen before almost every day. Ive never been propositioned by a white dude to buy drugs and very few white drug dealers sell on the streets. Most refuse to even admit to anyone they don't know pretty well that they even sell drugs.
So you live and hang out in the hood. You use drugs. You know plenty of criminals. You've engaged in criminal activity. You owned a gun at age 11.

You get asked every day - by the same three guys - if you want to purchase drugs. So I was off by one. It's the same three guys. Pardon me.

The 3 black guys that are trying to sell to you are not that different from white guys selling to people they know. They know your face and most likely know you use drugs. You live among them and they rightly understand you aren't the most upstanding citizen in the community. You're a mark. I'd try to sell to you too.

Is this a joke? You're a part of the very ecosystem you decry. Do you really consider yourself any smarter than them? That last question was rhetorical.

Last edited by MeSoBe; 03-16-2011 at 07:41 AM..

Old 03-16-2011, 07:43 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,995,353 times
Quote:
I'm pissed off when a law breaker of any color, creed, religion, etc is not brought to justice.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:01 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,760,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
Move somewhere else then. All you do is whine about your perceived injustices in this country. In what country do you imagine yourself having a better life?

And as far as more blacks getting busted for drug crimes, I think the fact that the police generally go after the dealers rather than the end users answers that question. I see them on nearly ever corner in certain neighborhoods. Everybody knows what their doing. It's so ridiculously obvious that the police don't have much trouble busting their dumb asses. What, you pissed at white folks for being more discreet?
But what is the point of going after the dealers? If we cant stop drugs from coming into this country, and a 40 year "War on Drugs" has pretty much proven that we cant, then why do we bother arresting people for using or dealing?

Im all for a strong police force for all Americans but the War on Drugs is such a huge waste of money. And surprise, more blacks then whites get arrested and its not because of drugs, per se. Its a lack of economic development in black neighborhoods compared to white neighborhoods. If you cant find a job but need $ to live, then you turn to the black market. Pretty easy to see the correlation.

Old 03-16-2011, 02:41 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,892,728 times
Quote:
And while we're at it, why don't we ask why thousands of other well-known rich white criminals have not gone to jail either? Why was Richard Nixon a free man? Why is George Bush not in jail for blatant human rights violations? Why can one literally count the number of corporate fraud cases that have resulted in jail time for the perpetrators on one hand (Enron)?
Good afternoon,

Nixon was pardoned by Ford, so that's how he avoided prosecution.

George W. Bush wasn't prosecuted by the Obama administration. They would be the ones in the immediate position to do so.

Enron fraudsters haven't gone to jail because they have enough money to continuously appeal and get cases thrown out on technicalities. Blame this on a legal system that favors people with money. I've seen people with money of all races get out of a legal situation due to having enough money, even major Black drug dealers.

Also, many high level white collar criminals are adept in covering their tracks. If Black drug dealers wouldn't operate in the open it would be more difficult to catch them. The white drug dealers sell drugs to familiar faces away from public view, so it's difficult for law enforcement to monitor them.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:05 PM

17,290 posts, read 29,462,255 times
Nobody has answered my question:

If you are police chief with limited resources, where do YOU focus your police force?

Location A: Inner City neighborhood plagued by shootings, robberies, visible drug dealing, gang grafitti and loitering, assaults and bodies found riddled with bullets?.... or...

Location B: Tidy suburb that hasn't had a murder in years, no graffiti or signs of gang activity. Where a pot grow house can be concealed in the basement of a well kept tract home without even the neighbors knowing.

Something tells me a police chief putting as much effort into policing the suburb is going to be accused of racism for ignoring the crimes in the inner city, which disproportionately and adversely affect the poor and minorities in those neighborhoods.

By the way, TONS of federal resources are spent "policing" white collar crimes from tax evasion to money laundering. From the FBI to cyber crimes departments. Just because it's not appearing on COPS or making the news doesn't mean it's not happening.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:09 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,892,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDJohns View Post
But what is the point of going after the dealers? If we cant stop drugs from coming into this country, and a 40 year "War on Drugs" has pretty much proven that we cant, then why do we bother arresting people for using or dealing?

Im all for a strong police force for all Americans but the War on Drugs is such a huge waste of money. And surprise, more blacks then whites get arrested and its not because of drugs, per se. Its a lack of economic development in black neighborhoods compared to white neighborhoods. If you cant find a job but need $ to live, then you turn to the black market. Pretty easy to see the correlation.
Good afternoon,

I agree with everything you said except the last sentences. It is a false choice. You can start your own cash business doing odd jobs, cutting lawns, learn a trade, get on government assistance, become homeless, beg for food and money, work for food, move in with relatives, date someone who will feed you and move you in, and on and on. There is no situation that requires a person to turn to the black market.

I grew up in the type of neighborhoods discussed here. Almost all of the guys I grew up around who sold drugs did so because they wanted money to buy flashy clothes, shoes, etc, and to impress women with their money, not to survive. I know this because I asked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies