Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 03:53 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
Even if prostitution was not legalized, it will always be there. And honestly, the field is evolving, like it or not. Streetwalkers are a paltry minority of the prostitute class in many cases. The rest of the prostitutes are chicks who look totally "normal" and are bringing single men, boyfriends and husbands to their lair at various times of day. And these chicks are not always your stereotypical seedy type. They might be in college, or getting their Masters, OR, honestly, raking in 100 grand a year doing "private" sex" shows.

Anyone with a bone to pick against sex workers is sadly unaware of the dynamics and/or so hopelessly fixed in their own righteousness that they fail to see what is happening around them.

Why i find myself agreeing with you on this one. Prositution is not going any where, and is here to stay like it or not.

What will happen in Nevada, Reid versus the CATHOUSE GROUP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2011, 04:41 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Prostitution should be legal. More government control over our daily lives when it has no business intruding. The government does not own its citizens. Government has no right to tell an adult what they can or cannot do with their own body when that act does not infringe on the rights of others.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:14 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,756,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Prostitution should be legal. More government control over our daily lives when it has no business intruding. The government does not own its citizens. Government has no right to tell an adult what they can or cannot do with their own body when that act does not infringe on the rights of others.

Exactly !!!!!!!!

The only issue here is government intrusion into our lives.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
You forgot about Herpes : Your gentals or skin area comes in contact with her genitals ( and she is shedding ) and there is NO condom that can cover that area UNLESS you wrap your lower abdoman and your penis with saran wrap. ( jk ) There is about 3 weeks before ( tingling ) and 3 weeks after from tingling to sore completely healing before you would or should have sex with her...

Oral same thing : Herpes from her genitalia goes into your mouth and you can get oral herpes. Rub your eye and you get Herpes in the eye...

This should make you really want MORE sex with prostitutes, yes ????

You don't have a clue. Stop watch so much TV.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
Even if prostitution was not legalized, it will always be there. And honestly, the field is evolving, like it or not. Streetwalkers are a paltry minority of the prostitute class in many cases. The rest of the prostitutes are chicks who look totally "normal" and are bringing single men, boyfriends and husbands to their lair at various times of day. And these chicks are not always your stereotypical seedy type. They might be in college, or getting their Masters, OR, honestly, raking in 100 grand a year doing "private" sex" shows.

Anyone with a bone to pick against sex workers is sadly unaware of the dynamics and/or so hopelessly fixed in their own righteousness that they fail to see what is happening around them.
Correct. Most people don't know the real world. Not every prostitute is like the ones on TV. Many are just like your friends and neighbors.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:36 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,588,866 times
This is yet another example of the government infringing on our rights to do what we want with our own bodies. If a woman wants to charge $ for sex, that's her choice...if a man wants to pay for it, that's his choice, too. I think it's ridiculous that either of them would get fined or go to jail...it's just absolutely silly and a waste of money to lock anyone up over this sort of thing.

I'm consistently amazed by the number of people on this forum who are so wrapped-up in their quest to shove their morals and beliefs down everyone else's throat they can sit there and justify putting "restrictions" on things like sex. Some people are so concerned with everyone else's business they forget they have their OWN life to be immersed in.

Funny story, though...I was once approached by an old, rich dude when I was a bartender in NY who offered me quite a bit of $ to "do the deed" with him...and somehow, the drink I was about to serve him "accidentally" landed right in his face, LOL!

Old 03-17-2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
This is yet another example of the government infringing on our rights to do what we want with our own bodies. If a woman wants to charge $ for sex, that's her choice...if a man wants to pay for it, that's his choice, too. I think it's ridiculous that either of them would get fined or go to jail...it's just absolutely silly and a waste of money to lock anyone up over this sort of thing.

I'm consistently amazed by the number of people on this forum who are so wrapped-up in their quest to shove their morals and beliefs down everyone else's throat they can sit there and justify putting "restrictions" on things like sex. Some people are so concerned with everyone else's business they forget they have their OWN life to be immersed in.

Yes! Too many people are consumed with trying to tell others how to live their lives.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:31 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:

Funny story, though...I was once approached by an old, rich dude when I was a bartender in NY who offered me quite a bit of $ to "do the deed" with him...and somehow, the drink I was about to serve him "accidentally" landed right in his face, LOL!
in the end, i dont care one way or the other if prostitution is made legal or not, it doesnt affect me. as for my trying to push my morality onto others, sorry i dont do that. i let people know what my stance is, and if they wish to accept it, fine, if not that is also fine. the problem though is that in todays society people are not taking responsibility for their actions, and i can see where things have been going for many years, since the early 70s in fact. lawyers are just looking for people to sue for what ever reason they can, and legalizing prostitution can only make things worse than they are now.

imagine watching TV, and seeing a commercial with some windbag lawyer type asking something like. did you get an STD? did you frequent such and such house of prostitution? give us a call and perhaps we can get you a lot of money(while we make tons of money ourselves suing all the cat houses).

again though, the choice is yours. frequent a hooker, or be one, i dont care one way or the other.

Old 03-17-2011, 10:38 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
This is yet another example of the government infringing on our rights to do what we want with our own bodies. If a woman wants to charge $ for sex, that's her choice..

Every woman charges $$ for sex, unless it is rape.

There is a heck of a lot of bartering in a marriage.
My honey do list would cost her big bucks in the free market.

Old 03-17-2011, 10:42 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,451,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
Legalizing prostitution just makes an area look cheap and ghetto. Allowing hookers to walk around in revealing clothes looking for sex, why would someone want that?
Places where it is legal usually mandate that prostitutes be in a brothel -- meaning less soliciting and no pimps.

It is honestly safer to have it legal than illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies