Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2013, 06:11 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
In otherwords the person you are replying to has no respect for our immigration laws. Real law abiding, loyal Americans isn't he? Doesn't matter to him if we lose our national identity our culture and language via illegal immigration. It's all good to him. Unbelievable that there are Americans that think like that and couldn't care less about our soverign borders. Well perhaps he is Hispanic himself and that is why it doesn't matter to him. You know, that tribal mentality trumps everything.
These past years with all the hand outs to illegals and their children it has put a terrible strain of communities.. the tax burden has grown enormously because of housing , educating those here illegally. Politically correct thinking has done us in and we are headed to the poor house as a nation. The middleclass will bare the burden of the freebees with higher and higher property taxes and services will diminish.

A dollar will not go far as inflation has bitten with all the freebee foodstamps given.. the supply and demand for food will have the paying customers cut corners as the food stamp crowd will buy the better cut of meat as the middleclass will look for ways to feed themselves with less quality food..

Food stamps helps drive up costs because demand is high.. getting something for free they will buy... those with no food stamps will not because they won't be able to afford it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2013, 06:15 PM

1,127 posts, read 904,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
That may change ... in time..
Not every person is inclined to hate entire ethnic groups.

DD hasn't shown himself to be the type of person that hates people based on their ethnicity or skin color, so I think youre wrong, again.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:15 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
Wah. Or, as they say in espanol, wah.

Your BS is the same line used when the Irish, Poles, Jews, Italians et al. immigrated here. Learn to live with a changing face of America or give yourself an ulcer, I don't care.
Uh; don't go there, please. Us "Irish", Italians, Germans, Jews and so on came to the US LEGALLY. It's Mexicans who are the most ILLEGAL aliens here. Hell; even the Mexicans who came here LEGALLY ain't real happy with the illegal kind.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Why are you so worried about America changing?

The economy nearly collapsed a few years ago, we've suffered through record unemployment because of it, people lost their homes, thousands of Americans have been killed in Iraq and Afghanistan, Congress can't agree on a dang thing, our infrastructure is collapsing and you don't want America to change?

Lol. I guess you'll be happy with getting flushed down the drain as long as everyone at the water treatment plant is speaking English.

So tell us: was the potato famine and the Irish migration "natural"? Was it natural for the Irish to come here in huge numbers because they were all starving? What's the difference between an Irishman coming here because he's starving and a Mexican coming here because he's starving? Papers? You think Paddy O'Brien wouldn't have climbed over the wall if Ireland was next to the United States? Guess again.
No excuse for the Mexican illegals; they ain't starving in Mexico in 2013. Some of my family DID come from Ireland during the Potato Famine. So what? They probably came here LEGALLY. This is 2013, NOT 1848. Sheesh!

Old 04-28-2013, 06:18 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Maybe in 50 years you might have to learn Spanish so you can live in the US.
But I wouldn't worry about learning Spanish any time soon.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Meh...big deal.

As long as I'm able to live and prosper, I couldn't give a damn less about how many Hispanics are here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
That may change ... in time..
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No it may not.

Again, as long as they don't stop me from prospering, why should I care about their race?
Uh; you say you're a Black dude. Even "Black" Hispanics have the rep of NOT admitting to being of Black family. That sure doesn't sound good for good race relations between Blacks and lighter skin Hispanic people. Like I said before: IF the US went "Hispanic"; people like me would be at the top with dark skin ones lower down in life.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:24 PM

1,127 posts, read 904,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; you say you're a Black dude. Even "Black" Hispanics have the rep of NOT admitting to being of Black family. That sure doesn't sound good for good race relations between Blacks and lighter skin Hispanic people. Like I said before: IF the US went "Hispanic"; people like me would be at the top with dark skin ones lower down in life.
Whites are at the top of the pecking order in the US.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
The Native Americans would disagree with your notion that Europeans came here legally. They came here illegally and then establish laws that say that others who come here the same way they did do so illegally. How quaint.
WHICH tribe of Indians? They had their share of nasty wars with out and out murder, theft and so on before 1492. Why give them a pass in 2013 yet a "white" person did something bad in 1550 people are still up on arms over it. The ONLY reason there are Indians now to complain is because "we" allowed the defeated tribes to live.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:26 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
Not every person is inclined to hate entire ethnic groups.

DD hasn't shown himself to be the type of person that hates people based on their ethnicity or skin color, so I think youre wrong, again.
Who hates an entire ethnic group? The objection is to the unnatural and unlawful changes via ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. Learn to know the difference! I think you do anyway but the agenda trumps everything with you people, doesn't it? So you spin, spin, spin.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
Whites are at the top of the pecking order in the US.
It's worse in LatAm from what many Hispanics have told me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies