U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-08-2011, 09:51 AM
 
29,874 posts, read 15,236,351 times
Reputation: 15603

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brien51 View Post
Some things? Here is the list:

List Of Records Obama Refuses To Release | Right Soup



</H2>
So when the Birfers say "All he needs to do is produce a long form, then this issue will go away", they are simply lying. I thought as much, but it's nice to see someone from your camp confirming my suspicions. Kudos for honesty.

 
Old 04-08-2011, 10:12 AM
 
29,874 posts, read 15,236,351 times
Reputation: 15603
Quote:
Originally Posted by brien51 View Post
Maybe you don't want to see the student loan applications, but if they were Government Guaranteed Student Loans, I do have the right to see the applications and the paperwork since I am a taxpayer and I guaranteed those loans.
You keep stating that you have the right, yet you produce not one iota of legal evidence that this is the case.

Quote:
Because YOU say I don't have the right mean nothing, nada zero.
And on the flip side of that, YOU saying that you have the right means nothing. You're making the claim, it's on you to back it up.

Quote:
I pay for the defaults, so I have the right to see the applications. Since there have been investigations of Gov't guaranteed loans, it falls under the FOI Act and thus the loans are subject to public scrutiny.
You've just claimed that all student loan applications are open to anyone under the FOIA. Why not make the case? Show us an incident where this actually happened. Frankly, I would consider this a massive breach of privacy and I very much doubt that every application and the details of all loans are in the public domain.

Quote:
So you can think I don't thave the right all you want but you are flat out wrong.
It's obvious that you feel very strongly that this is case, but strength of emotion is not a legal argument. I think the American idiom is "put up or shut up".
 
Old 04-08-2011, 10:31 AM
 
Location: The Land of Reason
13,292 posts, read 10,109,823 times
Reputation: 3530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
You keep stating that you have the right, yet you produce not one iota of legal evidence that this is the case.

And on the flip side of that, YOU saying that you have the right means nothing. You're making the claim, it's on you to back it up.

You've just claimed that all student loan applications are open to anyone under the FOIA. Why not make the case? Show us an incident where this actually happened. Frankly, I would consider this a massive breach of privacy and I very much doubt that every application and the details of all loans are in the public domain.

It's obvious that you feel very strongly that this is case, but strength of emotion is not a legal argument. I think the American idiom is "put up or shut up".
It's funny no matter what you say or what proof that you provide it is still not going to change some of these people's mind. Why are they so persistant on a futile arguement is beyond me. The man is still the president rather they like it or not.
 
Old 04-08-2011, 10:48 AM
 
19,216 posts, read 12,473,962 times
Reputation: 2337
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
it's funny no matter what you say or what proof that you provide it is still not going to change some of these people's mind. Why are they so persistant on a futile arguement is beyond me. The man is still the president rather they like it or not.
pino?
 
Old 04-08-2011, 11:56 AM
 
19,125 posts, read 9,079,921 times
Reputation: 3855
Quote:
Originally Posted by brien51 View Post
Some things?


"The United States Justice Foundation (USJF) served officials at Occidental College with a subpoena....."

do you know that the USJF is a made up organization and has about as much authority to officially serve a subpoena as the Justice League of America (.... that's right, the Super Friends ) ?

 
Old 04-08-2011, 12:08 PM
 
Location: The Land of Reason
13,292 posts, read 10,109,823 times
Reputation: 3530
Wackos to the left of me ....Wackos to the right......
 
Old 04-08-2011, 12:42 PM
 
Location: Long Island (chief in S Farmingdale)
18,705 posts, read 14,827,996 times
Reputation: 3846
Quote:
Originally Posted by brien51 View Post
If they were Government backed loans, there are records both with the Banking institutions of the state in which he applied, and also lodged with the institutions he used them to attend, like Columbia and Harvard. The loans copies are there, they refuse to release them. If I had the time and the inclination, I would file the FOI for them but I really don't care all that much because this, and almost every government before his, are as crooked as a dog's hind leg, so you people who think this guy is the second coming of Jesus have your heads up your rearends.


Here is a list of documents PBO refuses to release:

List Of Records Obama Refuses To Release | Right Soup

<H2> <H2>

Here is an interesting site that raises many questions about his education.. I could care less about his BC because that is waterover the dam. Even if it was proved tomorrow he was a foreigner, he would continue to serve out his term. He would just be pre-empted from running again.

I am more concerned if he committed fraud by lying on his loans, or even if he misrepresented himself as a foreigner, on applications by stating he was a foreign student. That is an impeachable offense since it is a felony to lie on any federal document.

Barack Obama's Education

</H2></H2>

When the website you are referring to starts their list off with a bald faced lie well it shows something.....
 
Old 04-08-2011, 03:25 PM
 
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ
16,116 posts, read 20,166,152 times
Reputation: 8204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
So when the Birfers say "All he needs to do is produce a long form, then this issue will go away", they are simply lying. I thought as much, but it's nice to see someone from your camp confirming my suspicions. Kudos for honesty.
All this time I assumed that the FBI was doing background checks on everyone who served in the Congress, Obama was a Senator, now I find out that this is not true. I think we need to do backgrounds on all of the congress
 
Old 04-08-2011, 03:48 PM
 
7,901 posts, read 8,626,758 times
Reputation: 3185
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
As are CA's and TX's, which nonetheless are not accepted by the State Dept for passport applications. Anyone born in those states must provide long form BCs.
Who cares.

They are accepted by the courts. They will be judicially recognized, they go into evidence, and the prove the fact of birth.

The burden then shifts to your side to prove that fact isnt true.

Think hard, or even better, objectively. There is a reason none of these cases ever get anywhere.
 
Old 04-08-2011, 03:54 PM
 
5,037 posts, read 4,186,526 times
Reputation: 2348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
All this time I assumed that the FBI was doing background checks on everyone who served in the Congress, Obama was a Senator, now I find out that this is not true. I think we need to do backgrounds on all of the congress

I cant believe we dont. Dont these people get access to SECRET or higher info? Or maybe just the ones that do get clearances.

Regardless, I served in the Navy and had an extensive background check done, anyone who is serving in DC should have to do so also. Its a travesty if its not done!

And born here or not, would Obama really have passed a background check with some of his past associations? I think itd be borderline at best. But then again, maybe standards are lower now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top