Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2011, 09:34 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Yes, and some of those nurses would have still been quite young. So, what about the other mothers who shared her room? Hawaiin people themselves have been saying that there was a lot of prejudice against blacks in Hawaii at that time and a white woman with a racially mixed baby would have been remembered.

It may have been remembered at the time, but not almost 50 years later. The youngest nurses at the time would likely be well into their 70's by now...

A STATE CERTIFIED LEGAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE is what matters plain and simple. If you have issues with the law well its on you.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:38 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
I'm sure that at least one of the other women who shared the same hospital room as Obama's mother would remember the white woman with a black baby with an Indonesian name, since in Hawaii at that time it would have been a bit shocking, especially since only 1% of Hawaii's population at that time was black.

Where are any of the nurses or other patients who were there on 4 August 1961? Have ANY of them come forward to say they remember this birth? I most certainly remember the women who shared my room after the births of my children.
Even a 21 year old nurse in 1961 would be 71 years old now and long retired. Do you think we remember every patient that ever comes through the door? I don't remember some by the end of the day, let alone 50 years later! I have worked in OB and the only patient I remember had the same last name as me. We both thought it was funny.

Hawaii is a very multicultual place, and a black-white baby would probably not look much different than any other non-white baby, of which there are a lot in HI.

Quote:
Yes, and some of those nurses would have still been quite young. So, what about the other mothers who shared her room? Hawaiin people themselves have been saying that there was a lot of prejudice against blacks in Hawaii at that time and a white woman with a racially mixed baby would have been remembered.
Most new moms are too wrapped up in themselves, their babies, etc to remember the name of a roommate they never met personally.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:43 PM

Quote:
I really cannot believe you think this is for real!

http://24ahead.com/barack-obamas-rea...ets-figure-out

Old 04-10-2011, 09:46 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,195,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
The problem with what you are saying is that we were told they have the records but due to privacy laws they cannot be released.

Ask Obama to release these records if he has nothing to hide. Ask him to allow his college records to be released if he has nothing to hide.
The birth records are not at the hospital, they are at the Department of health.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:50 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
The birth records are not at the hospital, they are at the Department of health.
Then, how do you explain the souvenir shop in hospital lobby?

Old 04-10-2011, 09:52 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,603,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Exactly. And most likely the doctor and nurses attending are dead or long retired. Who knows if the hospital building is even around anymore?

Old 04-10-2011, 09:55 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,603,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Then, how do you explain the souvenir shop in hospital lobby?
What?

Old 04-10-2011, 09:55 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,388 times
Quote:
Everybody should read this as one of many prime exhibits in showing just how utterly nuts many of the leading birthers are!

I'll also point out that since I posted my challenge to birthers for them to explain exactly how Stanley Ann Dunham went to Kenya to give birth, none of them have posted anything close to a coherent narrative, but all of them have continued to post in this thread. I would say that it's bad form to not give a thoughtful response, but they wouldn't be birthers in the first place if they were capable of thoughtfulness.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Exactly. And most likely the doctor and nurses attending are dead or long retired. Who knows if the hospital building is even around anymore?
The hospital where I was born has been torn down.

The hospital where my brother was born has been converted into a nursing home.

The hospital where my husband was born was first converted into a mental hospital (!) and now is an assisted living center.

Do you think any of these records survived? People have some idea that medical records continue to exist forever, but it's not true. If the hospital is gone, the records are likely gone as well.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:01 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The hospital where I was born has been torn down.

The hospital where my brother was born has been converted into a nursing home.

The hospital where my husband was born was first converted into a mental hospital (!) and now is an assisted living center.

Do you think any of these records survived? People have some idea that medical records continue to exist forever, but it's not true. If the hospital is gone, the records are likely gone as well.

Time can heal all things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies