Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2011, 10:05 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,204,998 times

Advertisements

I hope Trump's private investigators will get to the truth on this matter. If there is a cover-up, it needs to be uncovered. If there is no cover-up, that needs to be made clear, and not simply by stubborn denials. This has become like asking a child: "what is in your hand?", "nothing", "let me see", "no!".

Old 04-10-2011, 10:07 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,608,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I hope Trump's private investigators will get to the truth on this matter. If there is a cover-up, it needs to be uncovered. If there is no cover-up, that needs to be made clear, and not simply by stubborn denials. This has become like asking a child: "what is in your hand?", "nothing", "let me see", "no".
Obama is not a child and he has never played this game. It is all one sided.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:10 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,470,309 times
Quote:
I hope Trump's private investigators will get to the truth on this matter. If there is a cover-up, it needs to be uncovered. If there is no cover-up, that needs to be made clear, and not simply by stubborn denials. This has become like asking a child: "what is in your hand?", "nothing", "let me see", "no!".
Except the little fact that what was in his hand was released almost three years ago, and that being a legal state certified birth certificate. The birther crazies just have no use for silly things like actual legal documents and the law.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The hospital where I was born has been torn down.

The hospital where my brother was born has been converted into a nursing home.

The hospital where my husband was born was first converted into a mental hospital (!) and now is an assisted living center.

Do you think any of these records survived? People have some idea that medical records continue to exist forever, but it's not true. If the hospital is gone, the records are likely gone as well.
My father had great difficulty proving to Social Security that he had been born when he tried to draw benefits, even though he had been paying into the system from it's beginning in the 1930s. They insisted on proof of birth which he didn't have. He was born at home in a tiny rural town, not a hospital.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:13 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,326,750 times
Quote:
My father had great difficulty proving to Social Security that he had been born when he tried to draw benefits, even though he had been paying into the system from it's beginning in the 1930s. They insisted on proof of birth which he didn't have. He was born at home in a tiny rural town, not a hospital.

It was common in those days to record births in the family Bible.

Now begat!

Old 04-10-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Obama is not a child and he has never played this game. It is all one sided.
This is the typical response. I want legitimate, believable evidence, not denials.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
It was common in those days to record births in the family Bible.

Now begat!
Common yes, but not so in my father's case (or if there was he didn't have it to show anyone). There was no recorded record existing when he applied for SS. I never learned how he convinced them finally (he got the SS).

There is a great difference being born in Obama's time and my father's (1899) in records keeping practices.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:19 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,403,743 times
Quote:
This is the typical response. I want legitimate, believable evidence, not denials.
What do you find illegitimate about:

-an official Hawaii birth certificate
-newspaper announcements that were generated from DoH reports
-multiple statements from relevant officials in Hawaii (and GOP members)
-State Department statements that Obama was born in Hawaii and that his mother had never left the country before Obama's birth?

But let's say that for whatever reason you disbelieve all of those things. Let's say that your position is that you just don't know for sure. What is the series of events by which Obama was born in Kenya, in your view? How did this happen, when, where, and why?

Birthers, like any good conspiracy, want people to discount the mundane and ordinary and to count the fantastic and baseless speculation. What is the full birther narrative, in your view?

22,190 posts, read 19,470,309 times
Quote:
A legal state certified birth certificate certainly falls under legitimate believable evidence....

2,852 posts, read 6,486,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Even a 21 year old nurse in 1961 would be 71 years old now and long retired. Do you think we remember every patient that ever comes through the door? I don't remember some by the end of the day, let alone 50 years later! I have worked in OB and the only patient I remember had the same last name as me. We both thought it was funny.

Hawaii is a very multicultual place, and a black-white baby would probably not look much different than any other non-white baby, of which there are a lot in HI.

Most new moms are too wrapped up in themselves, their babies, etc to remember the name of a roommate they never met personally.
Funny, I remember the names of ALL the Alzheimer's patients I have worked with But then again, I am trained to remember names and dates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies