Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2011, 09:43 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times

Advertisements

I really like Bachmann and hoped she would make a run for President, but she just messed that up. She said she takes Obama at his word - that was very foolish. His word isn't worth squat. I can see she just doesn't want to deal with this controversy. I am very disappointed in her.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:51 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,197,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I really like Bachmann and hoped she would make a run for President, but she just messed that up. She said she takes Obama at his word - that was very foolish. His word isn't worth squat. I can see she just doesn't want to deal with this controversy. I am very disappointed in her.
There is no controversy in the minds of sane people.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:03 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,700,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
There is no controversy in the minds of sane people.
So funny!

This statement, in this context, is so full of wit and irony that it probably goes over most heads. It's the kind of thing Mark Twain might have said.

(hint: The insane never think they are.)

Old 04-23-2011, 10:15 AM

2,126 posts, read 2,382,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Yes, it seems that "The Donald" who he knows how to settle our deficit problems, and he does deal in huge amounts of money all the time is ready to join the fold of the birthers.
What an f'n idiot. I used to have respect for this man. Dead now.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:26 AM

26,584 posts, read 14,454,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
I think you and others are of the erroneous belief that because Obama was born prior to 1972, then his Social Security card must have been issued prior to 1972.
agreed. it is my understanding that obama received his SS# around the same time he got his first job in the mid-late 70's.

it is also my belief that the prefix anomaly is nothing more than an inconsequential clerical error. we know that the social security administration issues the prefix numbers based on the zip code the application was submitted from. the prefix is simply an easy way of dividing up the country, it has no use for identification of where someone lives/lived or where they were born. altho honolulu has multiple zip codes they all correspond to CT zip codes with a change in the first digit from 9 to 0 ( with the exception of a couple zip codes that currently aren't in use ).

example:

honolulu HI 96810
fairfield CT 06810

to believe that obama is using a SS# that does not exist or was not issued to him would require the social security administration to be in on the conspiracy and the compliance ( or excessive incompetence ) of the investigation teams of all the major candidates, both democratic and republican, in the 2008 election.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
(hint: The insane never think they are.)
are you insane?

Old 04-23-2011, 10:31 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
He's the only president that has been more open about his private and past life than any president before him.
That's a stretch - what president has not been forthcoming
with their records?

Employer Filing Instructions & Information - Social Security Number Allocations

Since 1973, social security numbers have been issued by our central office. The first three (3) digits of a person's social security number are determined by the ZIP Code of the mailing address shown on the application for a social security number. Prior to 1973, social security numbers were assigned by our field offices. The number merely established that his/her card was issued by one of our offices in that State.

The social security number: okay it's a typo - should not
have been CT, but HI. Someone typed a 0 instead of
a 9.

You know, I never paid attention to Obama much. I
didn't vote for him. I was more concerned with Bush's
policies, and just hoping McCain/Palin didn't get elected.

So, this birther stuff is new to me. But sure seems like
a lot of mistakes on records, for a guy his age.

This for instance:

Saw a copy of his selective service card on the internet.
Just wondering why it's signed on the 30th of June 1980,
but it was stamped June 29, 1980. Did they stamp
it a day before he came in It also has the no I.D. box
checked. Or is this a fraudulent document too, doctored up by someone on the internet, or is it even his?
I'm finding the whole thing curious - Just like Donald
Trump I should really smack myself
Attached Thumbnails
Donald Trump - The Latest Birther.........And all other Birther Topics-draft.jpg  

Old 04-23-2011, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
agreed. it is my understanding that obama received his SS# around the same time he got his first job in the mid-late 70's.

it is also my belief that the prefix anomaly is nothing more than an inconsequential clerical error. we know that the social security administration issues the prefix numbers based on the zip code the application was submitted from. the prefix is simply an easy way of dividing up the country, it has no use for identification of where someone lives/lived or where they were born. altho honolulu has multiple zip codes they all correspond to CT zip codes with a change in the first digit from 9 to 0 ( with the exception of a couple zip codes that currently aren't in use ).

example:

honolulu HI 96810
fairfield CT 06810

to believe that obama is using a SS# that does not exist or was not issued to him would require the social security administration to be in on the conspiracy and the compliance ( or excessive incompetence ) of the investigation teams of all the major candidates, both democratic and republican, in the 2008 election.
I'm sure that is Obama's social security number, but
people do fake/steal social security numbers - it's called
identity theft - we don't call it social security administration conspiracy

Old 04-23-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I think Bachmann is a loon on many levels but I think this is the smartest thing she's ever done. She simply stated
well, if that's his birth certificate, well that's it -
We have more important issues at hand - and she's
right.

You know she's just not falling for the democratic hook.
If the state of HI states that's his legal birth certificate
so be it....

The Associated Press: In Hawaii, accessing some Obama birth info is easy

Old 04-23-2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
... but
people do fake/steal social security numbers - it's called
identity theft - we don't call it social security administration conspiracy
no question that identity theft happens frequently on a daily basis. what doesn't happen in those cases is the level of scrutiny that happens in a presidential election.

again, for obama to be using a SS# that wasn't issued to him would require the cooperation of the social security administration. that is the definition of conspiracy.

if i'm wrong please state how you believe so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies