Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 06:43 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,437,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
No one is saying it's purely genetic. But I think the evidence quite adequately supports that a large component of sexual orientation is determined pre-natally or at an age far too young for choice to ever enter the equation.

Aside from that, the fact that the overwhelming majority of gays cannot stop being gay not matter how hard they try, basically proves it's not a choice. There are tons of gays who would choose to be straight if they could (let's face it, life is FAR FAR easier for straights), but they can't.
I feel truly sad for anyone who would wish to be straight because its easier. That is really sad, and it also shows a terrible face for a society that would make someone feel that way, just because they are being themselves.

Personally I could care less if being gay is a choice or not (although I know its not a choice). If someone wants to do something that makes them happy and it hurts no one else, its no one elses business what they are doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 06:48 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,351,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
What are the wonders of homosexuality?
I am sure there are more than a handful of gay males in this forum that would jump at the chance to show you.

Old 03-27-2011, 06:49 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,275,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
Liberals are always lecturing us like petulant children about the wonders of homosexuality and heterosexuality. So I'm going to open up my mind and let you all enlighten me. What are the wonders of homosexuality? How is homosexuality inherently better than heterosexuality? How are Adam and Steve superior to Adam and Eve? What service does homosexuality provide that heterosexuality denies? Of what value is homosexuality to our culture or our advancement as a civilization?
Someone sounds a little curious.

Old 03-27-2011, 06:51 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,800,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I feel truly sad for anyone who would wish to be straight because its easier. That is really sad, and it also shows a terrible face for a society that would make someone feel that way, just because they are being themselves.

Personally I could care less if being gay is a choice or not (although I know its not a choice). If someone wants to do something that makes them happy and it hurts no one else, its no one elses business what they are doing.
I agree it's sad that people feel that way, but it's not like it's surprising. When you are deemed the spawn of Satan or the immoral and evil bane of society whose only place to go is straight to Hell - it doesn't necessarily make you feel good about yourself.

Old 03-27-2011, 06:52 PM

3,006 posts, read 3,878,063 times
Quote:
James Dean was gay?
Bi

Old 03-27-2011, 06:57 PM

Quote:
I agree it's sad that people feel that way, but it's not like it's surprising. When you are deemed the spawn of Satan or the immoral and evil bane of society whose only place to go is straight to Hell - it doesn't necessarily make you feel good about yourself.
Thats what it boils down to.

If God didn't say homosexuals were bad, evil creatures, then no one would care.

Funny thing about God, it even changed its own mine in its own holy book.

Old 03-27-2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Thats what it boils down to.

If God didn't say homosexuals were bad, evil creatures, then no one would care.

Funny thing about God, it even changed its own mine in its own holy book.
Well, it's more a matter of if Christians stopped misinterpreting the English Bible. There isn't much compelling evidence that the original Hebrew and Greek say anything about homosexuality.

Old 03-27-2011, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Well, it's more a matter of if Christians stopped misinterpreting the English Bible. There isn't much compelling evidence that the original Hebrew and Greek say anything about homosexuality.
I beg to differ, the Torah says the same thing that leviticus says. If a man lies with a man as he would lie with a woman, he must be put to death.

Old 03-27-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
I beg to differ, the Torah says the same thing that leviticus says. If a man lies with a man as he would lie with a woman, he must be put to death.
Leviticus is part of the Torah, and it doesn't say that in Hebrew. Hebrew has multiple words for having sexual relations. It doesn't use the word for consensual relations in that verse. It uses a word that in every case it's used in a sexual context in the Bible, refers to sex by force or deception.

Not to mention, why does the clause "with a woman" exist in that verse? Why doesn't it just say "Do not have sex with a man"? Obviously it's referring to something far more specific than merely having sex.

And that entire verse is in the context of pagan sex rituals in Caananite temples. Do you know of any gays in the 21st century that force other men into the submissive female sexual role in Pagan temples while sacrificing children to Molech?

Old 03-27-2011, 07:09 PM

499 posts, read 405,861 times
Name one positive aspect of heterosexuality.

Two sides of the same coin IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies