Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 06:29 PM

543 posts, read 1,228,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
If it wasn't a passenger plane which hit the Pentagon, where are the passengers on that flight? Where is Barbara Olson?
Good question...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2007, 06:32 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,325,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridanative2 View Post
Would you rather it be you in one of those camps?
Let me ask you a question. Have you read the executive order allowing Bush to take your property if you disagree with the war on Iraq? Talk about civil rights? We are on the brink of losing ours! What happened to freedom of speech? People do not always agree, that is what makes this forum so interesting!
I can imagine the uproar if Bush ordered all Iraqi-Americans into concentration camps. Do you agree that the it was right to take the property of Japanese-Americans and send them against their will into those camps? Were their constitutional rights violated?

Please post the executive order allowing Bush to take the property of those who disagee with the war. I mean the bill itself.

Old 07-31-2007, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Good question...
It is. It's also one of many reasons why the conspiracy can't stand up to the facts.

Old 07-31-2007, 06:47 PM

45 posts, read 100,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
if you search, you will find that there are indeed pictures of a fireman, walking past a big ole set of, get this AIRPLANE LANDING GEAR, gasp!!! this cant be true. the picture must be doctored in some way by the government,

in the picture, you can clearly see gasp! airlplane sheathing

http://www.geoffmetcalf.com/pentagon/images/13.jpg (broken link)

the loons state in most of the missing flight 77 plane, "where did the wings hit" well, lets see, you run a light aluminum wing against highly reinforced concrete. its gonna rip the wings to shreds. with little damage to the surrounding concrete of the pilasters supporting parts of the building. dont forget, the pentagon was designed with a high amount of structural rigidity to it. very heavy reinforced concrete (tons of rebar encased in the concrete mix) the body of the aircraft being more pointed could pop a small hole into the outside of the building, and manage to rip apart some of the structure, the wings collapsed inwards towards the body, releasing fuel, and explosion. the body then blew up into 1000's of peices and this is where we end up. with parts of the plane scattered inside and out of the explosion area.
SO WHERE ARE THE TAPES ??? WHAT REASON DOES THE FBI HAVE TO NOT RELEASE THE TAPES TO THE PUBLIC ???

Old 07-31-2007, 08:25 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,140,391 times
Quote:
I can imagine the uproar if Bush ordered all Iraqi-Americans into concentration camps. Do you agree that the it was right to take the property of Japanese-Americans and send them against their will into those camps? Were their constitutional rights violated?

Please post the executive order allowing Bush to take the property of those who disagee with the war. I mean the bill itself.
Yes, their constitutional rights were violated. They were American citizens. And, no, you can't see 'the bill' because Bush's Executive Order has nothing to do with any legislation. Here's a link to the travesty, from the White House itself:

Executive Order: Blocking Property of Certain Persons Who Threaten Stabilization Efforts in Iraq

Old 07-31-2007, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Yes, their constitutional rights were violated. They were American citizens. And, no, you can't see 'the bill' because Bush's Executive Order has nothing to do with any legislation. Here's a link to the travesty, from the White House itself:

Executive Order: Blocking Property of Certain Persons Who Threaten Stabilization Efforts in Iraq
That doesn't say that property will be taken from people who are against the war.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:11 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,140,391 times
Quote:
That doesn't say that property will be taken from people who are against the war.
It sure does, though it does it in legalese (sp?). It says anyone who opposes the president's 'stabilization efforts', i.e., the war, will have their assets seized. Of course that 'support' or 'interference' could be interpreted to mean almost anything. If you contribute to another candidate, visit an anti-war website, sign a petition asking that tax dollars be directed to social programs instead of defense, you could be suspected of this 'crime' against our hallowed dictator.

Apparently this is acceptable to you? What business is it of this or any President what my opinions are that I should have to FORFEIT my entire life savings and assets because I disagree with his efforts to destroy another country? What other purpose are you getting out of this executive order? Does it scream "I'm keeping America secure!" or does it say "I'm going to nail anyone who dares get in my way!"?

I'm not a legal scholar, but the implications are huge. And, don't think for a second that it doesn't matter because you've got nothing to hide or nothing to fear. This executive order and many of those that preceded it are unconstitutional power grabs directed at none other than Mr. & Mrs. Average American. When the realization hits that we've been raped, it will be too late. Every right will have already been removed.

The hardest thing for people to accept is that what they have been brainwashed into supporting is actually an evil thing. It's very hard for people to accept that their country is guilty of heinous crimes against humanity or that this wonderful land, these brave citizens, these lofty ideals of freedom were trashed while we were being deliberately lied to. As much as I love my country, it is too late now. The writing is on the wall. What a pity so few are able to read it.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:35 PM

It doesn't say "seized" it says "blocked."
This, of course, will (or already has) been blown out of proportion by the anti-Bush crowd.
I say if any of that is unconstitutional, then it should be investigated, evaluated and, if necessary, action taken.
But I think a president's executive privilege allows him to do that.

Old 08-01-2007, 12:19 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,833,597 times
Listen to your own quote: "Call, write, and fax your Congress men and women! Tell them to impeach. Even if this is not true, and it seems very hard to fathom, they need to be impeached anyway!"

So let's charge Hillary Clinton and Obama with high treason and give them the penalty per the US Constitution (death) on a hunch from a former official. Hey how about we also make sure Pelosi and Ted Kennedy also get death on treason because someone said so, even if it is not true??

Last edited by Marka; 12-19-2007 at 04:23 AM.. Reason: personal attack/edited quote

Old 08-01-2007, 06:06 AM

26 posts, read 46,906 times
Quote:
Would you rather it be you in one of those camps?
Let me ask you a question. Have you read the executive order allowing Bush to take your property if you disagree with the war on Iraq? Talk about civil rights? We are on the brink of losing ours! What happened to freedom of speech? People do not always agree, that is what makes this forum so interesting!
I'll remember that when I go through the NSA checkpoint on my way to work this morning...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies