Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 07:10 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,905,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
If you think you have better ideas, take them to those in charge of policy and decision making. Perhaps you can show them a better way than what they are now doing.
What exactly IS the policy in Afghanistan?

Could you explain it in your own words?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 07:13 PM

1,167 posts, read 2,173,908 times
Well today I think it's still training the Afghans to take care of the Afghans. Getting their police for and military in a position where they can take care of themselves. Problem is Afghanistan is corrupt as all ****, and the populace is largely illiterate.

It's also too easy for the taliban to get in, and it's dangerous. Who wants to wait outside with 200 other recruits. That's just asking to get killed. Or be seen leaving a recruitment center. Again, asking to get killed. It's essentially a stop snitchin policy they have in place, only they will most definitely kill you. No maybe.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:39 PM

15,162 posts, read 8,683,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Are you just being deliberately obtuse here?
Do you understand just what the term "cause and effect" means?
Get off your soapbox for a moment and consider that.
Yes indeedy .... cause and effect.

Koran: Kill all the infidels wherever you find them. Show them no mercy.

Muslim: Praise Allah .... where's my sword?

And here we are .... 65 pages later ... and still arguing about who is to blame for these murders? Good lord almighty ..... 1 page should have done it .... the MURDERERS are responsible for the MURDER .... Sherlock Holmes can stay at home. Case Solved.

Old 04-07-2011, 05:47 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,147,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Yes indeedy .... cause and effect.

Koran: Kill all the infidels wherever you find them. Show them no mercy.

Muslim: Praise Allah .... where's my sword?

And here we are .... 65 pages later ... and still arguing about who is to blame for these murders? Good lord almighty ..... 1 page should have done it .... the MURDERERS are responsible for the MURDER .... Sherlock Holmes can stay at home. Case Solved.
If you really read this whole thread, then you didn't get anything out of it.

No one disputes the murderers are responsible.

It's the actions of the pastor that are under discussion. It's not being debated that he had the legal right to do what he did.

So from your perch on high, above the lowly fray down here in the thread, do you think you might express an opinion on the propriety of the pastor's stunt?

Old 04-07-2011, 03:34 PM

15,162 posts, read 8,683,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
If you really read this whole thread, then you didn't get anything out of it.

No one disputes the murderers are responsible.

It's the actions of the pastor that are under discussion. It's not being debated that he had the legal right to do what he did.

So from your perch on high, above the lowly fray down here in the thread, do you think you might express an opinion on the propriety of the pastor's stunt?
I already did ... earlier in the thread ... you must have missed it.

But I'll be happy to climb down from the perch and repeat it for you, because that's just the kinda guy I am.

I believe the pastor's burning of the book is a demonstration of immaturity on his part, and I personally don't consider the pastor's actions to be very christian like myself, nor would I choose to do such a thing. To me, his actions more closely resemble the intolerant heathens he protests. But that's his choice, and he bears no responsibility WHATSOEVER for how others might choose to respond.

But there is one silver lining to that cloud ... his actions did expose these Muslim psychopaths for the violent, non-peaceful, primitive killers that they really are. Consequently, his actions are indeed a counter to those who's politically correct, poorly wired brains are still confused about the true nature of Islam.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:15 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,754,766 times
Quote:
I already did ... earlier in the thread ... you must have missed it.

But I'll be happy to climb down from the perch and repeat it for you, because that's just the kinda guy I am.

I believe the pastor's burning of the book is a demonstration of immaturity on his part, and I personally don't consider the pastor's actions to be very christian like myself, nor would I choose to do such a thing. To me, his actions more closely resemble the intolerant heathens he protests. But that's his choice, and he bears no responsibility WHATSOEVER for how others might choose to respond.

But there is one silver lining to that cloud ... his actions did expose these Muslim psychopaths for the violent, non-peaceful, primitive killers that they really are. Consequently, his actions are indeed a counter to those who's politically correct, poorly wired brains are still confused about the true nature of Islam.

i say someone should fly a few stealth bombers over afghanistan full of thousands of Q'rans with a few strips of bacon in between each page and drop them all over the country side. this will flush out all the radicals.!! they will be in such a rage they will all go bezerk and kill each other off in the process.!! first we must pull all troops out befor the operation code name "holy bacon stips" begins..

we are dealing with some sick freakin peps over there.. it's time to stick the tail between the legs and get the hell outa there. it's like trying to befriend a centipede, one can never trust a centipede.!!! it will always bite you when you try to kiss it's azz.

Old 04-08-2011, 01:53 AM

9,143 posts, read 5,822,394 times
“When tolerance becomes a one way street, it leads to cultural suicide.”
Lt. Colonel Allen West

Old 04-08-2011, 06:22 AM

39,906 posts, read 26,604,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
“When tolerance becomes a one way street, it leads to cultural suicide.”
Lt. Colonel Allen West
West gets it. He's one of the brighter lights on the political horizon.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:41 AM

175 posts, read 302,881 times
Quote:
But there is one silver lining to that cloud ... his actions did expose these Muslim psychopaths for the violent, non-peaceful, primitive killers that they really are.
How could it expose something that was ALREADY exposed? These extremists have been killing like this for years. We've been out there fighting them. The pastor didn't bring to light anything new. The extremists are the kind who have been strapping suicide bombs to kids and driving vehicles filled with bombs into areas congested with troops and civilians just to name a few things. We already knew they were crazy, we warned the pastor that they were likely to act this way which is obviously something we could only have done if we already knew they were like this.

Unfortunately his unnecessary action may have just created more enemies from the villagers that troops were working on to see our side of things but hey no worries, the pastor isn't the one having to deal with the direct fallout from that so it's not like he or his followers care.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:48 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,905,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_double_d View Post

Unfortunately his unnecessary action may have just created more enemies from the villagers that troops were working on to see our side of things but hey no worries, the pastor isn't the one having to deal with the direct fallout from that so it's not like he or his followers care.
How could his actions have created more enemies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies