Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 01:48 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Because they're racists.
[/url]
That's nonsense. What is the point in being in favor of the group that is currently dominating in almost every way anyway? In most parts of the US for instance that dominating majority still happens to be white Christians, so they are not exactly about to die out
And if someone only wants to have blond, blue-eyed children (as someone wrote on CD recently), well, nobody forces them to get married to a black or whatever spouse...

Old 04-28-2011, 01:48 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times
Sigh...why do "conservatives" (I really don't like using this word to describe the right) constantly ask this question over and over again? Personally, I am not obsessed with diversity but I also have no issue with other cultures and am always open to learning about them. However, being accepting and tolerant of others doesn't mean that I am not true to who I am.

I really take this question to mean that "gays, non-christians and non-whites are irrelevant and why do we have to acknowledge or interact with them?" This country is a melting pot and unless you live in a very small town where strangers aren't welcome, you will have to deal with people that are very different than yourself. If you don't like that, stay in your bubble. It's your choice but some of us are okay with "different" and don't feel that "different" means wrong. This country was taken from Native Americans and built on the backs of slaves and illegal immigrants...of course it's going to be diverse.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:59 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
That's nonsense. What is the point in being in favor of the group that is currently dominating in almost every way anyway?
That's ridiculous. Caucasians only make up about 15-20% of the world population. Why is it that only white-dominated countries must cave to liberals' "diversity" demands while asian and black dominated countries do not?

If you have a problem with certain races being dominant over others then your ire should be directed towards Asians and Indians.

And don't bother bringing up recent history like "whites enslaved blacks..." which ultimately means nothing since pretty much every race and religion in the history of mankind has been persecuted and enslaved at one point.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:01 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Why does it seem that liberals are so obsessed with diversity, and trying to force it on everyone?

Yes this country is a "melting pot", but forcing us to have diversity has to have some repercussions, right?
Diversity isn't where the action is, it is in the word capable.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:09 PM

32 posts, read 19,127 times
Quote:
And if someone only wants to have blond, blue-eyed children (as someone wrote on CD recently), well, nobody forces them to get married to a black or whatever spouse...
no one is physically forcing them to but when its being pounded into their head to not acknowledge race and that anyone who does is a racist evil person (if they are white that is) it ends in the same result.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
That's ridiculous. Caucasians only make up about 15-20% of the world population. Why is it that only white-dominated countries must cave to liberals' "diversity" demands while asian and black dominated countries do not?

If you have a problem with certain races being dominant over others then your ire should be directed towards Asians and Indians.

And don't bother bringing up recent history like "whites enslaved blacks..." which ultimately means nothing since pretty much every race and religion in the history of mankind has been persecuted and enslaved at one point.
true, what most people dont know is that white people are going to be the minority in their own countries in a matter of decades.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:11 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deste View Post
no one is physically forcing them to but when its being pounded into their head to not acknowledge race and that anyone who does is a racist evil person (if they are white that is) it ends in the same result.

true, what most people dont know is that white people are going to be the minority in their own countries in a matter of decades.
So? And?

They've dominated other nations for years as colonizers despite being minorities in those nations. Now that the shoe will be on the other foot, i don't wanna hear any crying.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:13 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So? And?

They've dominated other nations for years as colonizers despite being minorities in those nations. Now that the shoe will be on the other foot, i don't wanna hear any crying.
So you're in favor of punishing innocent people for the actions of their ancestors?

Old 04-28-2011, 02:20 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deste View Post

I don't think that is the case. After all, it would be foolish to ignore that for the time being there are various ethnic groups and "races". Nobody calls a white person a racist if they acknowledge that they are white.
In my opinion the problem starts when someone tries to maintain their ethnic group as if it were some old painting. Some whites seem to have the odd image in their heads that being white is the ideal, and thus any other admixture is negative. That is probably the reason for the one drop crap.

I don't know of any such country In the US the percentage of blacks has been pretty much the same for decades, and Asians are an even smaller minority. And Hispanics/Latinos are mostly whites themselves...

Old 04-28-2011, 02:29 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
So you're in favor of punishing innocent people for the actions of their ancestors?
No. I am also against having innocent people punished for no reason at all.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:32 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
I don't think that is the case. After all, it would be foolish to ignore that for the time being there are various ethnic groups and "races". Nobody calls a white person a racist if they acknowledge that they are white.
In my opinion the problem starts when someone tries to maintain their ethnic group as if it were some old painting. Some whites seem to have the odd image in their heads that being white is the ideal, and thus any other admixture is negative. That is probably the reason for the one drop crap.

I don't know of any such country In the US the percentage of blacks has been pretty much the same for decades, and Asians are an even smaller minority. And Hispanics/Latinos are mostly whites themselves...
No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies