Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2011, 09:06 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Spend some time on this forum and read what some of these conservatives want. They want any programs that help children to be cut. "They're not my kids I shouldn't have to pay to raise them" is the typical response.

Lets not get into rape or incest or those brought into this country for the sex trade. Yes I have seen it.

How about those molested at a young age??? Same thing I suppose?? Make an 11 year old go through the pregnancy??
Nah.

If you would actually READ what is said rather than pick and choose you may understand.

Why should American tax payers take the responsibility for poor behavior?

I am 100% for assisting people in need due to physical illness, death or mental illness (I do not consider alcoholism and drug abuse an illness.).

But I am against irresponsible behavior of people who do not take responsibility for their own actions expecting society to raise their children.

Nobody expects a woman that was raped, or a victim of any other sexual assault to be forced to carry that baby.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:09 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,085,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyJSmith View Post
The problem is the wholesale slaughter of innocent babies.
People want to act like it is about the mothers body but it is not.
It is about the babies body.
The innocent fragile little body that is killed for in most cases only for convenience.
Evidently Planned Parenthood has a pact with evil.
For every body helped one must be harmed.
For every person they assist another person must be killed.

I think there should be a time table that a woman could abort becoming a mother.
8 weeks
During that time she could have an abortion just by wanting one.
After the 8 weeks is up then she should have to get approval from the family court and the court could not deny her if it was a case of incest, rape or mothers life was at serious risk.
If a family court judge is not allowed to stand up for the most vulnerable in our society,who should?
All the time doctors get court orders to force medical care on people that can be deemed unable to make their own descisions.
And a baby certainly has no say in the matter as it's mother opens her legs once again and allows someone to violently kill a human body that is just trying to grow up and get away from their situation.
How many babies have you saved by hanging out at an abortion clinic and offered to adopt to keep them from being aborted?

Old 04-10-2011, 09:22 AM

251 posts, read 209,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
How many babies have you saved by hanging out at an abortion clinic and offered to adopt to keep them from being aborted?
So I am not allowed an opinion.
I'm all for solving the problem not adopting the problem.
So if I did as you described how would that solve the problem or even identify the problem.
The pregancy is the symptom of the problem not the problem itself.
The pregnancy becomes the problem when it no longer serves it's purpose.
How about a government mandate that all babies killed must be buried or cremated?
Then you will see what it is all about.
It's about selling body parts.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:24 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Going right to the HEART of the matter, aren't you?

Old 04-10-2011, 09:31 AM

Quote:
No doubt anyone's house would quickly fill up with the hyper sexualization of children nowadays.
First the problems must be identified and then solved.
You merely use problems to create problems.
All for an end goal.
In this case it is to support the killing of unborn babies.
Do you also think a woman should be allowed to kill her born child even 6 months after birth?
Because that is the direction this issue is headed.

Postpartum psychosis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Legal status
Several nations including Canada, Great Britain, Australia and Italy recognize post partum mental illness as a mitigating factor in cases where mothers kill their children.[22] In the United States, such a legal distinction is not currently made.[22] Britain has had the Infanticide Act since 1922.
In 2009, Texas legislator Jessica Farrar proposed a bill that would recognize postpartum psychosis as a defense for mothers who kill their infants.[23] Under the terms of the proposed legislation, if jurors concluded that a mother's "judgment was impaired as a result of the effects of giving birth or the effects of lactation following the birth", they would be allowed to convict her of the crime of infanticide, rather than murder.[22] The maximum penalty for infanticide would be two years in prison.[22]

Old 04-10-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Going right to the HEART of the matter, aren't you?
How is that the heart of the matter?
I enticed no one into their situation.
Why should I have to pick up after them?

Old 04-10-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Used car dealers would spring up everywhere.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:

It's a credibility issue.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:37 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post

Visiting a person's home is a little different than being invited to drop off a baby in a body. Once that happens there are 3 people involved and it is his baby's home for awhile. In all fairness he should have the "choice" if he wants his baby to live and is willing to raise the child.
When he can grow a uterus, transfer the fetus into it and suffer all the potential DANGERS associated with said pregnancy, then and only then can he have a say that's more important than the pregnant woman's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post

There are all kinds of programs to help the mothers raise their babies.
Which you also refuse to pay one penny for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie

People who complain are saying they don't want to PAY for abortions.
I do not want to think that my tax dollar is going to pay for a women to kill a child, not one penny of it.
Not one penny of your tax dollars goes to pay for a woman to kill a child. Not. One. Penny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie

I want absolutely nothing to do with what I believe to be murder so if she wants to call it "her body" then she can pay cash for what "her body" did to get into the situation and let it be on her conscience. If the man does not want his baby to be aborted, he should have some say in this matter also. In my mind, once she opened that door it is no longer all about her and her body.
Homicide in self-defense, not murder. Even in the case of living, breathing, sentient adult human beings, homicide in self-defense is not punishable by either law or G-d.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post

Such a drama queen. You forgot "pain in the ass" in your list of maladies, since it is highly likely that your real suffering comes from having to defend holding such coarse and joyless attitudes toward life.

The very fact that this abortion thread, like all the hundreds like it that have plagued this Forum over the years, brings out the very worst kind of selfishness and heartlessness from the pro-death side, along with the most appalling posts from those on the Ignore List hit parade who enjoy purporting to consider fetuses as parasites -- when the truth is that their best bet for pregnancy is a date with Mr. I.N. Vitro.
Such a drama king. You forgot "sanctimonious jerk" in your holier-than-thou screed, since it is highly likely that your real arrogance comes from holding such a misogynistic, selfish and hateful attitude towards women.

The very fact that this abortion thread, like all the hundreds like it that have plagued this forum over the years, brings out the very worst kind of selfishness and heartlessness from the hate-women side, along with the most appalling posts from those on the High Horse parade who enjoy purporting to consider women chattel -- when the truth is their best bet for getting laid in the first place is placing a bag over their head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf

Effect (not "affect"; that's what NARAL types yearn for in the absence of a life)on me or society as a whole? Aside from the fact that people who express attitudes like yours add to the coarsening and insensitivity to life that poisons this society more and more every day, and for some reason choose to celebrate the mounting toll of millions of aborted babies since the SCOTUS decided to simply create a death industry by fiat, there is nothing objectionable about publicly demonstrating the very worst kind of selfishness, and making it increasingly trendy for otherwise intelligent women to forego the opportunity to have children and offer hope to our increasingly dumbed-down society, while enshrining the kind of self-referential thinking for which feminists have hypocritically belabored men since Gloria Steinem first decided that loving her children ought to be thought less important to the American woman than streaking her hair and getting a boob job.
Aside from the fact that people who express attitudes like yours add to the coarsening and insensitivity to women that poisons this society more and more every day, and for some reason choose to celebrate the mounting toll of millions of abandoned and abused women since Man decided he had a right to do whatever the hell he pleased since the physical and emotional consequences weren't his to suffer, there is nothing objectionable about publicly demonstrating the very worst kind of selfishness, and making it increasingly trendy for barely intelligent men to forgo (not forego; that's what uneducated types yearn for in the absence of a brain) the opportunity for improving the plight of the desperate and destitute children who already exist, and offer hope to our increasingly hate-for-the-living-filled society, while enshrining the kind of self-centered thinking for which misogynists have hypocritically espoused towards women since cave men first decided that respecting women was less important than dragging women around by their hair.
Quote:

Nope, no effect at all. In fact, these atittudes and decisions have had a salubrious effect on our happy, contented society, with its increasing bliss level.
Nope, no effect at all. In fact, these attitudes (not atittudes; if you're going to correct someone's grammar, best be sure yours is impeccable) and decisions have had a salubrious effect on our happy, contented society, with its increasing bliss level. (Lord that drivel was hard to type.)
Quote:

Holy guacamole. What planet do you people COME from?
I come from a planet where my husband and I are certified Foster Parents. What planet do YOU people come from?

Old 04-10-2011, 09:41 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,085,781 times
Quote:
Either you are compassionate, as your previous post states...or you are not. It can't go both ways.
So save the babies, to hell with them and their problems when they get to be over 18?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies