Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 08:49 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,142,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I would like to bring this excuse into a discussion.
In my mind it was your body when you allowed a man to put his seed into your body. We all know what happens next, you will either skate on by or become pregnant. IF you allow this to happen to YOUR body and become pregnant, there are 2 extra people that have dibs on your body. One is the baby because it is now his home for awhile and the other is the man that was allowed in because now HIS baby is in your body.
I just can't see how the women can use the excuse that it is HER body once she made the mistake to allow others into it.
Just wondering.
So you think that making one 10 minute error in judgment justifies 18+ years of penance? Should we really be made to suffer for DECADES because we permitted someone we (hopefully) love to have a physical relationship with us? I hardly think that makes any sense. Even prisoners get time off for good behavior.

20yrsinBranson

Old 04-09-2011, 08:51 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I am sorry but you are hallucinating if you think you are hearing voices from within your uterus. Since there isn't any air in the uterus there is nothing for the lungs to push past the vocal cords, ergo, the only voices that you here are in your head.
I was being sarcastic.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:53 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
And why should they not? After all, it's their bodies and if they want to put them in front of abortion clinics what possible concern or business is that of yours?
Because of it's at the urging of a church that church should pay for the privilege of attempting to influence US law the same way taxpayers do.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:54 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,249,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
And why should they not? After all, it's their bodies and if they want to put them in front of abortion clinics what possible concern or business is that of yours?
If a Christian wants to protest abortion have at it, but...........when a preacher preaches his politics he is BREAKING THE LAW. It's also against the law to murder, and bomb clinics.

Churches are tax exempt because their purpose is to preach the word of God. Last time I checked politicians were a long way from God.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:54 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
If you do not believe in abortion, then don't have one. If you believe an embryo or fetus is a person, then that is your right, but many do not share that opinion.

How about you make the best decision for yourself, and let other women make the best decisions for themselves.
I'm all for it as longer as I can be Cop, Judge and Executioner everytime I feel its best for me. Civil societies dont work like that.

Abortion is nothing more than institutialized termination of human life. Which is currently legal in the U.S. Hopefully that will change someday but probably not in my lifetime.

Until then the best we can hope for is my tax dollars not funding the slaughter of unborn human life. Now that might happen in short order.

Everyone knows its BS that tax money going to fund PPH doesnt help fund abortions.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Because of it's at the urging of a church that church should pay for the privilege of attempting to influence US law the same way taxpayers do.
Let's say it again in case they didn't get it the first time.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:56 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Personally, I am a strong opponent of abortion but my opposition is exercised through advise that I would give a friend or family member if asked. I might consider banning abortion IF society put in place not just adequate social and medical support but substantial support for children of unwanted pregnancies.

As for the morality of abortion... well outside of the Catholic Church and its members who oppose abortion, capital punishment and war, I find far too many contradictions and relativity in their positions regarding the sanctity of a human life and the role of government for me to take them seriously.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:56 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
What kind of exaggerated argument is that?

Oh yeah- exaggerated.

Life, that should be protected, is not a rule of control by others.

As far as the brood stock reference why do some act like that then?
Here we get down to the heart of the matter: Most Pro-Lifers think women who get an abortion are promiscuous and/or just using abortion as a form of birth control which is far from the truth. And while we're on the topic, why are promiscuous MEN never brought up when this topic is discussed? If MEN kept their seeds in their packages then there would be far fewer unwanted pregnancies to talk about. Women and girls don't get pregnant all by themselves and don't talk that "she allowed her seed to be planted" bull. We all know how aggressive some men can be when they want sex....and I'm not talking about the kind of aggressiveness that crosses the line to rape.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:57 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
So you think that making one 10 minute error in judgment justifies 18+ years of penance? Should we really be made to suffer for DECADES because we permitted someone we (hopefully) love to have a physical relationship with us? I hardly think that makes any sense. Even prisoners get time off for good behavior.

20yrsinBranson
Don't do the Crime if you ain't got the time. Oh I forgot personal responsibility only counts except in this instance with abortionists.

Don't do it.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
I'm all for it as longer as I can be Cop, Judge and Executioner everytime I feel its best for me. Civil societies dont work like that.

Abortion is nothing more than institutialized termination of human life. Which is currently legal in the U.S. Hopefully that will change someday but probably not in my lifetime.

Until then the best we can hope for is my tax dollars not funding the slaughter of unborn human life. Now that might happen in short order.

Everyone knows its BS that tax money going to fund PPH doesnt help fund abortions.
Let's clear this up ONE MORE TIME. No federal dollars, nope, not a single dollar, dime, or penny is used to FUND ABORTIONS.

What do people not get about that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies