Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 10:20 PM

15,095 posts, read 8,639,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I must have missed strikes 1 and 2.
Go back and re-read ... I spelled it out in such elemental detail, even you should understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 10:58 PM

15,095 posts, read 8,639,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
Yes, Ted Olsen, counsel for Bush in Bush v. Gore, nothing more than a political hack supporting the agenda of ensuring Obama's eligibility. Same with Senator Orrin Hatch, right?

Let me put it to you this way - do you think that you and the others have found something that has been gathering dust for a century and that everybody else is mistaken, or that all the constitutional scholars know about this and are intentionally lying? You seem to suggest the latter, but I want to hear it from you.

Born in Indonesia, that'd be a neat trick considering Obama's mother hadn't even met Soetoro until Obama was about four years old.

Again, you are saying that because of a British law that Obama is ineligible for office. On that basis, wouldn't you agree that if Kim Jong Il passed a law saying that anybody born in the US was a North Korean citizen, that nobody born in the US would be a natural born citizen? If not, why not?
What is wrong with you? Really! This isn't a very complex issue to consider. The men that wrote the 14th amendment stated very clearly the criteria. It's not ambiguous .. a child could understand it ... so why are you citing these modern day individuals and their back-ass-ward interpretation of what the fvking amendment says, while trying to ignore what the men who wrote the fvking thing says? Are you retarded?

I'm not going to bother addressing you and your idiocy any further. Come back when you can tie your own shoes.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:17 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,479,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
Just for fun. Let's discuss what would happen if Obama's BC was proven to be false. That he was proven to have been born in Kenya?

Please BTW, let's keep this on topic. This isn't about whether or not he really was born in Hawaii. Keep that controversy out of this topic please.

Let's just keep this a "what if" about him actually being born in Kenya. What would happen?

Impeachment obviously. But what then?
For fun, eh? Try this: what if people could actually find Kenya on a map?

Anyway, I think he'd be removed from office and Biden would take over and after he finishes the term the Republicans would have a guaranteed lock on the Presidency for about, oh, forever. Anybody who trusts the Democrats now would never trust a Democrat again because they would wonder who knew within the Democrat Party. And those who did not trust them to begin with would have their distrust reinforced. Only the most devoted would forgive the Democrats.

[this would shake the two-party system and the power structure to the core]

Old 04-26-2011, 11:20 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Go back and re-read ... I spelled it out in such elemental detail, even you should understand.
Seriously, I missed the post. But to be honest, at this point in the discussion, I really don't care.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:36 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,403,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
What is wrong with you? Really! This isn't a very complex issue to consider. The men that wrote the 14th amendment stated very clearly the criteria. It's not ambiguous .. a child could understand it ... so why are you citing these modern day individuals and their back-ass-ward interpretation of what the fvking amendment says, while trying to ignore what the men who wrote the fvking thing says?
If they were so clear, why have you been unable to find a single congressman, judge, constitutional scholar or law professor from the past several decades who agrees with you when you say that the child of a US citizen born on US soil is not a natural born citizen?

I'm citing modern day individuals (remember that the Yale Journal article I cited was from over 20 years ago!) because their job is to understand and provide authoritative interpretations that courts and other practitioners use. They have studied background principles of common law and the Constitutional Convention; they have researched the Reconstruction-era Congresses that enacted the 13th, 14th and 15th Amendments. I cite them like I would cite Stephen Hawking for his understanding of what physics is, rather than cite to a classical physicist like Newton. Hawking has researched Newton and put it into the broader framework; modern constitutional scholars research the Reconstruction era and provide the legal interpretations.

It's an honest question - do you think that literally every single current constitutional scholar is actively participating in a campaign of silence to ensure that Obama remains eligible for office, or do you believe that literally every single current constitutional scholar has missed something incredibly obvious that only birthers have been able to uncover?

Quote:
Are you retarded?

I'm not going to bother addressing you and your idiocy any further. Come back when you can tie your own shoes.
Ad hom attacks may make you feel better, but they do absolutely nothing for your argument except make you seem like a petulant child to everybody else here.

I'm also going to note in among your rant about Spiro Agnew and how his alien parent apparently was the cause of his criminal activities while serving as Vice President several decades later, you didn't have any response to Hubert Humphrey, whose mother was a Norwegian immigrant. We could honestly keep going down the line of major party nominees and candidates for over a century with alien parents whose eligibility wasn't seriously questioned. Instead of lobbing meaningless insults, perhaps we could debate the topic. After all, this is supposed to be a debate forum, not an "accuse the person who disagrees with you of being retarded" forum.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:44 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,273,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laidbackhippie View Post
your retarded logic I presume

actually it isn't.

Because what birthers are claiming is that US Citizenship is so FRAGILE, that its so temporary, that all it takes is another country to change its laws, make it retroactive, so that it AFFECTS all ancestors, current citizens, and future, that would essentially negate the "citizenship" status of every person born, who are descendants of the first immigrants to this country.

So, if England wanted to &*(^* a would be candidate over, they can change their citizenship law to state "All persons born on this soil, and all person born to those who are current citizens, shall be citizens of England; this law will apply to all those born from 1 A.D"

Yup, that would mean that every person born from the original settlers on US Soil, dating back to 2010 years ago, is not a BRITISH citizen and that US CITIZENSHIP means squat. And by birther standards, that means you are a dual citizen, and not eligible, through no fault of your own. Because a COUNTRY decided to change its citizenship laws.

Yeah, that freaking logical.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:44 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
For fun, eh? Try this: what if people could actually find Kenya on a map?

Anyway, I think he'd be removed from office and Biden would take over and after he finishes the term the Republicans would have a guaranteed lock on the Presidency for about, oh, forever. Anybody who trusts the Democrats now would never trust a Democrat again because they would wonder who knew within the Democrat Party. And those who did not trust them to begin with would have their distrust reinforced. Only the most devoted would forgive the Democrats.

[this would shake the two-party system and the power structure to the core]
Does that mean, we might get a libertarian
in the white house

Old 04-26-2011, 11:58 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,479,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Does that mean, we might get a libertarian
in the white house
The more I think about it, if it was determined that he was not eligible for the Presidency, then that could be catalyst for the change people have been hoping for in our political system.

[maybe Obama being born in Kenya is not such a bad idea...]

Old 04-27-2011, 12:02 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Quote:
the change people have been hoping for in our political system.
Some people, you folks always seem to forget that qualifier so that you can pretend that you speak for the American people en toto.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:03 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
Quote:
The more I think about it, if it was determined that he was not eligible for the Presidency, then that could be catalyst for the change people have been hoping for in our political system.

[maybe Obama being born in Kenya is not such a bad idea...]
Not a bad thing at all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies