Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 10:46 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,618,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
Just for fun. Let's discuss what would happen if Obama's BC was proven to be false. That he was proven to have been born in Kenya?

Please BTW, let's keep this on topic. This isn't about whether or not he really was born in Hawaii. Keep that controversy out of this topic please.

Let's just keep this a "what if" about him actually being born in Kenya. What would happen?

Impeachment obviously. But what then?
My guess is that the 9th Circuit Court would find the requirement to be unconstitutional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 10:50 AM

26,584 posts, read 14,454,648 times

VP candidate matt gonzalez
VP candidate peter camejo

Old 04-26-2011, 10:50 AM

15,096 posts, read 8,639,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
VP spiro agnew for starters ( same requirements for VP as POTUS ).

I said name a president ... but I understand that the criteria is the same for the VP.

So, are you suggesting that it is OK for Obama to be in violation of the constitution, because Spiro Agnew was too? Is that your argument?

Spiro Agnew, VP to the criminal President Richard Nixon who was forced to resign for being a criminal .... who was also forced to resign before his boss was, because of taking bribes ... and was under investigation for extortion, tax fraud, conspiracy and bribery? This is the argument you want to use?

Look .....why can't you see how totally ridiculous it is to make such a lame argument ... you cite the only administration that I'm aware of that both the VP and the President were forced to resign because of criminal conduct?

Man .... let's just crown this clown king, and dispense with the charade already.

You love those criminals, don't you? Oh yes you do .... you're an America hating, constitution hating, liberty hating liberal who gets aroused every time that criminal gets up in front of the podium and tells another lie.

So just admit it. Save the lame excuses.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post

So, are you suggesting that it is OK for Obama to be in violation of the constitution,...
nope. i'm suggesting that your definition of "natural born citizen" is wrong.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:

VP candidate matt gonzalez
VP candidate peter camejo
Wow ... going from the most publicized criminal regime in US history, to two nobodies who no one has ever heard of ..... what party were they affiliated with ... and what state ballots were they actually on? The communist party?

It' a good thing Obama doesn't have you as his lawyer He'd be hanged in the Rose Garden.

What a joke.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
.... you're an America hating, constitution hating, liberty hating liberal...
wow. you got all that from me just pointing out that spiro agnew's parents were greek?

Old 04-26-2011, 10:57 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,403,743 times
Quote:
Look .....why can't you see how totally ridiculous it is to make such a lame argument ... you cite the only administration that I'm aware of that both the VP and the President were forced to resign because of criminal conduct?
Their criminal conduct had nothing to do with their eligibility for office in the first place. Again, please name one current judge, congressman, constitutional scholar or law professor who agrees with your interpretation of the natural born citizen clause.

Quote:
Man .... let's just crown this clown king, and dispense with the charade already.

You love those criminals, don't you? Oh yes you do .... you're an America hating, constitution hating, liberty hating liberal who gets aroused every time that criminal gets up in front of the podium and tells another lie.

So just admit it. Save the lame excuses.
That's quite the epic tantrum you're throwing here. There's an old saying among lawyers, "When you have the law, argue the law, when you have the facts, argue the facts, when you have neither, pound the podium." You seem to be arguing completely irrelevant facts while pounding the table with an incoherent rant directed at everybody who disagrees with your interpretation of the natural born citizen clause of the Constitution!

Old 04-26-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
nope. i'm suggesting that your definition of "natural born citizen" is wrong.

Tell that to the guy who WROTE the 14th Amendment ... it is his definition ... not mine, and the Supreme Court concurred that the definition was clear.

Are you saying that the guy who wrote the language in the 14th Amendment stipulating what natural born citizen means doesn't know what he meant? Is that your argument?

Give it up ..... the first rule when you find yourself in a huge hole? Stop digging.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:03 AM

Quote:
..... what party were they affiliated with ... and what state ballots were they actually on?.
matt gonzalez = green party , 2008. on all ballots.
peter camejo = reform party, 2004. on all ballots

haven't looked into primaries yet. if you want to keep it to the "big 2" i can do that.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:05 AM

Quote:
.... and the Supreme Court concurred that the definition was clear.
wong kim ark v. US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies