Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2011, 08:54 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,431,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
Dusty,

Your reply is off limits. I asked you not to discuss whether or not he was born in the US.

Easybreezy,
Yes. Obviously the VP would be in line to be made president. But! Since he ran WITH Obama, if Obama's qualifications were not met, wouldn't that nullify the VP's position too? I mean, if they found out that Obama wasn't a legal citizen the day before election day, the VP would have been out too! If Obama's campaign was a sham, then that would include the VP's election campaign too, wouldn't it?

What I'm really curious about though is the actions that Obama took in office. Wouldn't they be called into question? What would happen to the healthcare bill?
No. when you voted there were two names on that ballot. Or two names for each party I should say. When I voted I voted for Obama for President and Biden for VP so my vote for Biden would still apply
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 08:56 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,431,904 times
Quote:
Dusty,

Your reply is off limits. I asked you not to discuss whether or not he was born in the US.

Easybreezy,
Yes. Obviously the VP would be in line to be made president. But! Since he ran WITH Obama, if Obama's qualifications were not met, wouldn't that nullify the VP's position too? I mean, if they found out that Obama wasn't a legal citizen the day before election day, the VP would have been out too! If Obama's campaign was a sham, then that would include the VP's election campaign too, wouldn't it?

What I'm really curious about though is the actions that Obama took in office. Wouldn't they be called into question? What would happen to the healthcare bill?
The bills he signed wouldn't be a problem. They've already been passed by the Congress so they'd only have to be signed by Biden. He could probably even just issue an executive order.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:02 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,300,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laidbackhippie View Post
I'm pretty sure that the rule for U.S. presidency is; unless you were born on a military base in another country you are not eligible to be president.

John McCain was born in Panama but the canal zone is recognized as an area where (at the time) was American territory.
Sorry, but that is not correct.

Constitutional Topic: Citizenship - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Old 04-23-2011, 09:03 PM

30,072 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Just for fun. Let's discuss what would happen if Obama's BC was proven to be false. That he was proven to have been born in Kenya?

Please BTW, let's keep this on topic. This isn't about whether or not he really was born in Hawaii. Keep that controversy out of this topic please.

Let's just keep this a "what if" about him actually being born in Kenya. What would happen?

Impeachment obviously. But what then?
The libs would not care and would keep the whole issue tied up in court. Liberals only obey laws when it benefits them. When it does not, laws are to be ignored. This, of course, is just fascism by a different name.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:10 PM

665 posts, read 1,728,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Why is it incorrect
Do I have to search through your BS link?

Why is it incorrect?

apparently I'm right !

Old 04-23-2011, 09:48 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,210,991 times
Quote:
Just for fun. Let's discuss what would happen if Obama's BC was proven to be false. That he was proven to have been born in Kenya?

Please BTW, let's keep this on topic. This isn't about whether or not he really was born in Hawaii. Keep that controversy out of this topic please.

Let's just keep this a "what if" about him actually being born in Kenya. What would happen?

Impeachment obviously. But what then?
I think the only real thing that would happen is he would be DQ for 2012.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:57 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
I think the only real thing that would happen is he would be DQ for 2012.
I think that would be the most likely outcome. The Party would force him out of the campaign, a Constitutional crisis would be avoided and the world would go on.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:07 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,697,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laidbackhippie View Post
Why is it incorrect
Do I have to search through your BS link?

Why is it incorrect?

apparently I'm right !
This is one of the first sources cited. If you think Cornell's online version of the United States Code is BS, well, I don't know what to tell you:

United States Code: Title 8,1401. Nationals and citizens of United States at birth | LII / Legal Information Institute

Old 04-23-2011, 10:08 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I think that would be the most likely outcome. The Party would force him out of the campaign, a Constitutional crisis would be avoided and the world would go on.
The "party"? You mean the democrat party would force him out? No way!

They would be fighting for him to keep the title.

The American people would be calling for his resignation, NOT the dems/libs.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:09 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,098,392 times
I don't see how he could do his job after that, cant sign any bills to find out whats in them or campaign anymore, but he could still lie...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies