Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 01:42 PM

8,514 posts, read 4,493,738 times

Advertisements

First, I don't think that will ever be proven as Obama was indeed born in Hawaii.

Second, if any president is removed from office, impeachment, resignation, death, the vice president becomes president. The new president then gets to select a replacement VP that is confirmed by the US Senate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2011, 04:14 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,547,547 times
Dusty,

Your reply is off limits. I asked you not to discuss whether or not he was born in the US.

Easybreezy,
Yes. Obviously the VP would be in line to be made president. But! Since he ran WITH Obama, if Obama's qualifications were not met, wouldn't that nullify the VP's position too? I mean, if they found out that Obama wasn't a legal citizen the day before election day, the VP would have been out too! If Obama's campaign was a sham, then that would include the VP's election campaign too, wouldn't it?

What I'm really curious about though is the actions that Obama took in office. Wouldn't they be called into question? What would happen to the healthcare bill?

Old 04-22-2011, 04:32 PM

481 posts, read 1,060,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
Just for fun. Let's discuss what would happen if Obama's BC was proven to be false. That he was proven to have been born in Kenya?

Please BTW, let's keep this on topic. This isn't about whether or not he really was born in Hawaii. Keep that controversy out of this topic please.

Let's just keep this a "what if" about him actually being born in Kenya. What would happen?

Impeachment obviously. But what then?
Nothing at all. His mother was a US citizen for at least 5 years. That makes him a naturalized citizen.
The whole birther thing based on his BC is moot.

Old 04-23-2011, 01:00 PM

That's not what I asked. I'm asking what would happen if Obama's legitimacy of being the president was proven to be false.

PLEASE everyone. Keep the birther argument out of this thread.

Old 04-23-2011, 01:05 PM

760 posts, read 685,545 times
Quote:
So what would happen if Obama was proven to have not been born in America?
Well the first thing that will happen is scientist will start their research on how exactly hell froze over. Then the hunt will begin on those damn flying pigs. After that, Al Sharpton will begin his fundraising tour for his campaign to be the 2012 Republican presidential candidate.

Old 04-23-2011, 01:08 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
The appeals and re-investigations would drag on long past 2016 should he win a second term.

Old 04-23-2011, 01:09 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,035 times
Some people who voted for him would still stand behind him because they wouldn't believe it.

And someone would probably try to kill him.

Old 04-23-2011, 01:10 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrainOfSalt View Post
I'll have this discussion "for fun" after the discussion as to what would happen if George W Bush got tried for war crimes. At least that is dealing with reality. The war crimes being reality and all.

So I gather that's a No vote in the very first response to the OP.

Old 04-23-2011, 01:15 PM

Come ON people! Please stop trying to turn this into a birther debate.

Old 04-23-2011, 01:38 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Everything he signed, including Executive Orders would be null & void.

I would think that the Speaker of the House would take over at least temporarily.
I agree with Biden being no longer eligible being chosen by one that proved not to be if that was the case.

Any Military Orders that he gave could turn into quite a quandary.

ObamaCare would be at least fully suspended as there was no duly authorized signature to it.

For the first time in our History there might be a special election if the Speaker did not serve the remainder of the term.

He would try not to bow after dropping the soap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies