Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 07:49 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,782,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Hate to inform you. If you look at states like California, Oregon, Maine etc... where the people have voted on gay marriage they have voted no. Million of liberals voted no. They just won't admit it in public.

And you get to vote on other people's rights also. It's not just smoething exclusive to conservatives.

And the main reason homosexuality is political is because homosexuals have chosen to use politicians to fix their grievances. The gay people are the ones that have made it political.
The Constitution does not allow civil rights to be voted on. No one cares whether a small majority of the population voted against gay marriage. It's unconstitutional if 99.9% of them voted against it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 07:51 AM

Quote:
So why aren't gay people fighting for all people to have thse rights?

Why just gays get the rights and deny single hetereosexual these rights at the same time?
Being single is not a protected class. Gender is.

Old 04-23-2011, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
You're kidding .. right? ..

Have you read some of the threads in this forum? .. Or are you just brand new to all of this?
Most of the threads I read here involve the title "Liberal stupidity at it again" or "New evidence Obama is a Kenyan Muslim"

Old 04-23-2011, 07:53 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,907,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Being single is not a protected class. Gender is.
Oh .. then why all of this fuss about *Marriage?? ..

Old 04-23-2011, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Oh .. then why all of this fuss about *Marriage?? ..
What are you talking about? Single people can get married quite easily assuming it's not with the same gender. Gays cannot get married unless they marry someone of the opposite sex, who they have no desire to be legally joined with.

Old 04-23-2011, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Most of the threads I read here involve the title "Liberal stupidity at it again" or "New evidence Obama is a Kenyan Muslim"
With the keyword being ... Most?

Old 04-23-2011, 07:59 AM

Quote:
What are you talking about? Single people can get married quite easily assuming it's not with the same gender. Gays cannot get married unless they marry someone of the opposite sex, who they have no desire to be legally joined with.
Hmmm .. sounds to me like that could be a bit of a problem.

Not to worry .. there are millions that marry for the money everyday .. and none of them need an act of Congress to do it either.

Gays could take a lesson from that

And:

So let suppose I'm single, but want the girfriend I've been living with for the past 5 years to get in on my retirement, medical, and other what-nots .. Should I run around stirring the pot because it suits me? .. Should I start a movement that would eventually allow boyfriends and girlfriends to share in the monitary windfall that "living together" might bring?

Last edited by bigskydude; 04-23-2011 at 08:43 AM..

Old 04-23-2011, 08:18 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,712,606 times
Quote:
So why aren't gay people fighting for all people to have thse rights?

Why just gays get the rights and deny single hetereosexual these rights at the same time?
Gotcha moment? Haha. This question reminds me of freshman social studies.

This is about equal rights within the institution of marriage for those who choose it. Right now, big government provides that choice to a certain segment of the population while denying another segment. Single heterosexuals still have the choice to enter into that institution and receive the big government benefits. Single homosexuals do not.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:19 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,712,606 times
Quote:
Hmmm .. sounds to me like that could be a bit of a problem.

Not to worry .. there are millions that marry for the money everyday .. and none of them need an act of Congress to do it either.

Gays could takle a lesson from that

And:

So let suppose I'm single, but want the girfriend I've been living with for the past 5 years to get in on my retirement, medical, and other what-nots .. Should I run around stirring the pot because it suits me? .. Should I start a movement that would eventually allow boyfriends and girlfriends to share in the monitary windfall that "living together" might bring?
Have you not heard of common-law marriage?

Old 04-23-2011, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Have you not heard of common-law marriage?
Well there you go .. that settles it .. now Gays have something to fall back on .. whew .. see how easy it is to solve your own problem when you sit back and actually think about it?

Still though ... running around and causing a scene because my girlfriend can't get my benefits seems like so much more fun to do .. I mean, how else is she ever going to get my money, lest I create all sorts of trouble and change multiple laws and policies because "I'm" uncomfortable ..

Last edited by bigskydude; 04-23-2011 at 08:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies