Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 12:27 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
I'm gay and have known as such basically my whole life as far back as I can remember. I get astounded when i here some conservatives talk about the 'gays' as though i'm one of the 'other'. I think it's weird because I'm just regular old me. The shy kid who liked to learn about history and liked to read etc. Yet they try to make me out to be a part of this 'other' that's separate. I think it's weird that to some people out there i'm 'one of them'. I think it's weird that strangers hate me enough to think that they get to vote on my rights while enjoying them and that they think it's constitutional to do so. (apparently conservatives aren't good at civics). I think it's weird how issues that surround 'me'. actually BRING people out to VOTE in a PASSIONATE ANGRY WAY.

I go to work, read, visit with friends and family. have a long term loving partner. What is it about 'me' that makes many conservatives so passionately angry?

How would you feel if strangers hated you for NO REASON?

"What is it about 'me' that makes many conservatives so passionately angry?"

There is a big difference between hating someone and vigorously opposing a fundamentally ignorant person or group of people who fail to respect our individual liberties and the Constitution which assures them.

Conservatives love the Constitution and the freedoms (not permissions) it protects. We also love the Constitution because it makes us all equal before the law.

Liberals hate the Constitution because it protects the rights of all citizens equally making special rights for special classes of people difficult for liberals to force on the rest of us.

Gay activists have joined garden variety liberals in attacking our liberties and the Constitution which insures them because they would like special standing under the law.

To advance what gay activists have arbitrarily decided are their new rights, they attack everyone else's right to a different opinion.

Who said you're opinion is always correct such that you have the right to redefine marriage to suit your needs?

Where is the concern for those who have built their most important personal relationships around the definition of marriage and family?

If gays want acceptance and respect, maybe they should stop invading and disrupting church services since this violates other's Constitutionally guaranteed right to freely exercise their religion.

Perhaps they should stay out of schools and stop trying to propagandize our children behind our backs.

Maybe they should stop trying to force the rest of us to go along with something we believe to be unnatural and abnormal and working to overrule the expressed will of the voters with judicially derived legislation.

Last edited by momonkey; 04-23-2011 at 12:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 12:33 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
What do you think about abortion? What do you think about gay marriage? What do you think about legalizing marijuana?

And you don't think you're forcing your values on others at the same time you're crying about Christian conservatives forcing their values on you?

Who appointed you supreme ruler?

Old 04-23-2011, 12:37 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
Quote:
I'm gay and have known as such basically my whole life as far back as I can remember. I get astounded when i here some conservatives talk about the 'gays' as though i'm one of the 'other'. I think it's weird because I'm just regular old me. The shy kid who liked to learn about history and liked to read etc. Yet they try to make me out to be a part of this 'other' that's separate. I think it's weird that to some people out there i'm 'one of them'. I think it's weird that strangers hate me enough to think that they get to vote on my rights while enjoying them and that they think it's constitutional to do so. (apparently conservatives aren't good at civics). I think it's weird how issues that surround 'me'. actually BRING people out to VOTE in a PASSIONATE ANGRY WAY.

I go to work, read, visit with friends and family. have a long term loving partner. What is it about 'me' that makes many conservatives so passionately angry?

I don't think conservatives in general hate you or anyone else. Most certainly they believe as anyone Else that gay people have the right to make their money and live.

I think many people conservative and other do have problems with the actions (which have been often political) of some of the radicals among the gay community.
Not so long ago we had a gay group in the news under the guise of tolerance go to teens and someone recorded them teaching fisting to teenagers among other gems.
This made parents mad and tends to lead people to the opinion gays could be abnormal at times and this goes to their fears and makes them defensive at times.

Nobody cares what people do behind their own doors, but no one wants to give extra rights to gays that regular people don't have, nor do they want to hear about anyone's sexuality around their children in schools IMO. That is a few of the issues IMO.

I have a gay cousin; had a gay relative through marriage who died of aids. I get along and have or had good relationships with gays or lesbians, I'm not obsessed about sexuality in the workplace or school.

Old 04-23-2011, 12:37 AM

973 posts, read 2,142,095 times
I'm gonna be the 'weirdo'. I'm very, very conservative on tax issues. I'm very, very, gulp, I hate this word, but, I'm very liberal on social issues. I am very for consenting adults doing as they please. Gay/lesbian couples, plural marriages. As long as everyone is of consenting age, & does consent, who the heck am I to judge them? Same w/ abortion. Would I do it? No, but, again, who am I to judge? & I'm from a conservative Irish Catholic background.

Old 04-23-2011, 12:41 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyezRule View Post
I'm gonna be the 'weirdo'. I'm very, very conservative on tax issues. I'm very, very, gulp, I hate this word, but, I'm very liberal on social issues. I am very for consenting adults doing as they please. Gay/lesbian couples, plural marriages. As long as everyone is of consenting age, & does consent, who the heck am I to judge them? Same w/ abortion. Would I do it? No, but, again, who am I to judge? & I'm from a conservative Irish Catholic background.
If you believe drugs should be legal as well then you would be called a Libertarian.

Old 04-23-2011, 01:39 AM

76 posts, read 123,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"What is it about 'me' that makes many conservatives so passionately angry?"

There is a big difference between hating someone and vigorously opposing a fundamentally ignorant person or group of people who fail to respect our individual liberties and the Constitution which assures them.

Conservatives love the Constitution and the freedoms (not permissions) it protects. We also love the Constitution because it makes us all equal before the law.

Liberals hate the Constitution because it protects the rights of all citizens equally making special rights for special classes of people difficult for liberals to force on the rest of us.

Gay activists have joined garden variety liberals in attacking our liberties and the Constitution which insures them because they would like special standing under the law.

To advance what gay activists have arbitrarily decided are their new rights, they attack everyone else's right to a different opinion.

Who said you're opinion is always correct such that you have the right to redefine marriage to suit your needs?

Where is the concern for those who have built their most important personal relationships around the definition of marriage and family?

If gays want acceptance and respect, maybe they should stop invading and disrupting church services since this violates other's Constitutionally guaranteed right to freely exercise their religion.

Perhaps they should stay out of schools and stop trying to propagandize our children behind our backs.

Maybe they should stop trying to force the rest of us to go along with something we believe to be unnatural and abnormal and working to overrule the expressed will of the voters with judicially derived legislation.
Lol, do I really need to go through this and highlight your ignorance and lies? Or should I call Glen Beck and tell him someone deserves a pat on the back?

Old 04-23-2011, 02:47 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
Is this the "10 millionth" Gay topic on CD? or all of the "closet cases" coming out of the "woodwork"? This must be *** heaven now!
Why are "straight" men so "obssesed" with homosexuals? HMMMMMMM!

Old 04-23-2011, 02:59 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
I draw the line at Homosexual Sensitivity Training in schools, the workplace, and the military. When that type of crap gets thrown to the forefront, like it has in increasing numbers nationwide, then my dislike for the Gay Agenda really flares up. Keep your Agenda out of my lifestyle, and i'll keep my dislike for your Agenda to myself. Until then, you should expect that conservatives like myself will continue to fight against you.

Old 04-23-2011, 05:29 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,368,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Christian conservatives love to tell people how to live their lives. Despite all their stupid signs about small government, they really aren't.
Christian conservatives love to tell people how they should live their lives. No one is forced to live by those suggestions. Nobody is forcing anyone to accept and live by Christian Conservative values.

In contrast to those promoting their lifestyle by demanding the teaching of that lifestyle and going further by getting that mandated by law. And forcing everybody to accept, learn, and even tolerate it is wrong.

Why is the ever so tolerant liberal so against someone holding a view they disagree with? It's hypocrisy.

I wonder what disgusting abhorrent thing a liberal would consider 'too' much for their tastes and express a desire to not have their children indoctrinated into?

Oh, wait. Christian values and conservative thought come to mind.

Old 04-23-2011, 06:10 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,505 times
Quote:

because it is what the liberals put out as one of their tokens. they are being paraded around the country.for people to look at. You guys are what we like to call, the useful idiots.being use by the far left along with Hispanics, black ,abortionist Muslims and many other groups,who don't particularly agree with each other. they have put their differences down for now, but be shure they will bring them up later. and I believe gays are on the list of people to destroy by one or more of the useful idiots groups
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies