Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2011, 09:17 AM

2,208 posts, read 1,839,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
The US patent system is in no way correlated with innovation.
It kind of is...Sorry but it shows what inventions are made. It shows which organizations are making innovations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 09:20 AM

1,233 posts, read 1,220,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
Of course life isn't fair, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't do our best to be "more fair." Obviously equal outcomes aren't always possible, but "in order to form\ a more perfect union" we need to ensure that all people have the opportunity to have a reasonable outcome in their lives. It's natural for have-nots to be jealous of the "haves," but it's not class-warfare when the rest of us look to those with wealth to pay their fair share, or even a little more. People get rich for a number of reasons: sometimes it's hard work and other times it's luck.
Alphamale: Every time a leftist is in front of a camera, the first point they make about about "fairness".
Are we for equality of opportunity or outcome?

Your comment: "Obviously equal outcomes aren't always possible, but "in order to form\ a more perfect union" we need to ensure that all people have the opportunity to have a reasonable outcome in their lives".

Good line.

The only outcomes some care about are their own.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
The "workers" forced the steel industry to leave America.

Without employers, you have no employees.

Will you please think things through before posting?

I'm getting tired of correcting you.

A business runs with workers. Without workers, there are no products.

Simply put no products means no business.

My nephew understood that when he was 3.

Is that such a hard concept. Hell, you even alluded that you need to pay talent well to have successful business. Now you're saying that workers are not needed for a successful business? Which is it?

Old 04-25-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Excuses, excuses.....
What excuse? That a fringe element MAY or MAY NOT have been violent? Is that the excuse that I stated that violence was not a huge factor (it wasn't). Sorry if history and facts are now an excuse?

Old 04-25-2011, 09:24 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,350,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post

Please, think before you post.
Can we get this added to the TOS?

Of course, the mods would be run ragged deleting posts

Old 04-25-2011, 09:26 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,415,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer2 View Post
Alphamale: Every time a leftist is in front of a camera, the first point they make about about "fairness".
Are we for equality of opportunity or outcome?

Your comment: "Obviously equal outcomes aren't always possible, but "in order to form\ a more perfect union" we need to ensure that all people have the opportunity to have a reasonable outcome in their lives".

Good line.

The only outcomes some care about are their own.
I only care about myself.

But, in caring about myself I have put a lot of money in the system...creating jobs.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Can we get this added to the TOS?

Of course, the mods would be run ragged deleting posts
I should not have stooped to that. It was immature. I will edit the comments. Hopefully, and sincerely, I hope that alphamale will also delete the same comments he made (verbatim).

Old 04-25-2011, 09:37 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That's how scabs should be dealt with. You don't betray people in your own class. And a person who does is the lowest of the low and deserves to get a reminder of his proper place.
People in unions are in a class all on their own, you can't get much lower so it would be hard to find a scab that is betraying their own class. Only a union fool would try to tell remind someone of the "proper place" they feel someone should be in.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:40 AM

68,353 posts, read 54,566,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
But, in caring about myself I have put a lot of money in the system...creating jobs.
Why not print that on your business cards and your equipment? I'm sure your customers would be impressed.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:42 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,294,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post

And others have put money in the system, creating wealth for you too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies