Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 08:38 AM

78,437 posts, read 60,640,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
The tea party and GOP are giving Wallace a run for his money
I see you've already forgotten the horribly racist 2008 democratic primaries?

Voting along racial lines in many states and when Hillary won WV.....the democrats in that state were labeled racists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 08:40 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,619,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post

Since it was about the birther Turnip, I mean Trump, and how he is playing to the worst in the tea party and was not a blind attack of all of the people in the tea party, just the idiots who are racists and are tea party supporters and use the 'take back my country" mantra, to mean, take the country back to the 1800's.

Honestly...that's why you guys have no credibility. When you throw out stupid strawman arguments like that it's kind of polarizing. Maybe we just don't like the idea of politicians ignoring the desires of the people and ramming through socialized healthcare, while we are $14 Trillion in debt.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:42 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,733,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
It wasn't. You just had your eyes closed.
Crime rates were lower and neighborhoods were safe. Forced integration has led to people looking for a reason to be offended.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:43 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,218,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
No matter what happens in 2012 Democrats will claim it happened because of racism. If Obama wins they'll claim that the results were close because America is racist, if he loses they'll claim it was because voters are racist. I've given up giving a damn about people who make ignorant racism claims.
At least now we'll know PBS is the root of political racism.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:54 AM

16 posts, read 91,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
I am VERY glad to see th race card already being played. The race thing is SOOOO worn out. People are over it and they don't care. Race has been used so much that the word racist has lost it's meaning. People will vote how they vote, and if they get called racist, I don't think they'll really care.

Well if the word "racist" has lost its meaning and people don't care then why do whites get offended when they hear the word? I'm not being mean, I'm just curious.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:00 AM

23,566 posts, read 17,241,593 times
Default Novelty election, rampant racism used to elect Obama

The portion of the electorate that voted for Obama had to do so on a basis other than experience or demonstrated accomplishment.

The others felt he had no relevant experience, had shady associations with terrorists and spoke in nebulous language chacteristic of a slimeball politician.

At this point in time Obama has reversed his position on countless promises and declarations without any explanation or queries by the media to make him expalin his 180 spins. That is unprecedented in our history !

The media created Obama's image as a gifted orator. They assumed a great orator is a great communicator, NOT! Obama then received a Nobel Peace prize for no demonstrated accomplishment. Why?

Race did come into play in the last presidential election but it was a consideration on behalf of the electorate who voted for Obama. Who wouldn't want to be a part of such an historical election! Oprah leading the way. Oh, then the tapes of journalists proposing that all Obama opponents be labled as racists. Guess PBS was in on that cabal.

The promise of his handlers to prosecute people not speaking the 'truth' about their candidate, the whitehouse plea to send names and numbers of people against Obamacare, Obama saying he would never use the nuclear option to pass healthcare... gues he was truthful there as he used the nuclear option to pass Obamacare which was not in anyway related to healthcare.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:13 AM

50 posts, read 48,865 times
So you are whining about whining? LOL

Old 04-27-2011, 10:36 AM

13,651 posts, read 20,786,272 times
Wow. We really cannot win. Elect a black man President and everybody howls even more about racism.

Can't find any? No problem! Just make it up and keep repeating it. To hell with the evidence.

It's sad. Electing the first black president was indeed a great moment, something to be proud of no matter your political affiliation. But instead of reveling in that- instead of justifiably feeling proud of making history, the Left has just taken one gigantic **** on the whole thing. Well done.

He is a pretty ineffective president. But I do give Obama credit for mostly not sinking to the level of some of his race-baiting cadres.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:41 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
Rember they last time made claims that Bill and hillary were racist .nothig new to racist claims.The only rcism I saw was Rev Wrightt really.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:58 AM

13,651 posts, read 20,786,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Rember they last time made claims that Bill and hillary were racist .nothig new to racist claims.The only rcism I saw was Rev Wrightt really.
Ironically, it was fellow Democrats who made racial comments about Obama. None of it was Klan level stuff, but had a Republican said it, the bedwetting riots would have commenced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies