Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 11:16 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times

Advertisements

The part that is most bothersome to me on the subject is that because Obama cannot openly play the "race card", I believe the WH suggests to the MSM and PBS that they do it for him, just as they do with their other lists of "talking points". Otherwise, I believe that Obama would call for unity/reason, a more civil rhetorical tone, and ask that the media not play the race-card game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 11:58 AM

950 posts, read 1,516,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Oh my God, you people can't be serious. The only time I see anything about racism, its always the right claiming that the left says "If you disagree with Obama, you're racist". Huh? Can someone show me a ton of links that actually state those words please. The majority of these Threads on this site that are about Obama are usually about character assasination or name calling and what not. Or at least that's what it ends up as. And, to be honest, you guys are fooling yourselves if you thought that anybody else from the 2008 election would have done a better job. If anything you should be more upset at Congress than you should Obama.
So Tavis Smiley is part of the right ? What about Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg, are they part of the right as well ? Because they always use the race card whenever anybody criticizes Obama.

Old 04-29-2011, 12:03 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,326,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
It will be extremely racist. Considering one of the candidates is horribly racist, what else do you expect?
You mean Barack 'The police acted stupidly' and 'My grandmother was a typical white woman' Obama?

Old 04-29-2011, 12:07 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,738,144 times
first off, **** tavis smiley.
with that said, actually before i get into that...

most racist in history? no.

racist in some way? more than likely. as was the last election.

but again, i don't like tavis smiley at all. he's a sell out and an opportunist first, period. he doesn't care about "the black agenda" and "black america" more than he cares about if he's going to be in the spotlight or if somebody prominent has to go through him first to get their agenda out to ppl.

Old 04-29-2011, 12:10 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
The tea party and GOP are giving Wallace a run for his money
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBIF View Post
You just have to read this forum to see that republican are angry, hateful and increasingly irrational. I think the level of racism could well and truly reach new heights. I'm talking monkey noises, N word, "scientific" reports about the inferiority of black people's brain, that kind of stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Oh my God, you people can't be serious. The only time I see anything about racism, its always the right claiming that the left says "If you disagree with Obama, you're racist". Huh? Can someone show me a ton of links that actually state those words please. The majority of these Threads on this site that are about Obama are usually about character assasination or name calling and what not. Or at least that's what it ends up as. And, to be honest, you guys are fooling yourselves if you thought that anybody else from the 2008 election would have done a better job. If anything you should be more upset at Congress than you should Obama.
these posts are rubbish in the extreme. the race baiting comes from the left, not the right. many times in this, and other political forums, i have pronounced my disagreements with the policies and the agenda of the obama administration, only to have the leftists turn around and make the claim that i am a racist. they usually back down when i tell them i also opposed the policies of carter, clinton, johnson, and other progressive liberals.

i dont care what color a persons skin is, it makes no difference in what is in their hearts and what is in their character. martin luther king said it best when he had a dream that his children would be judged by the content of their character and not the color of their skin. to me character matters, not skin color, and obama is a bad character politically.

Old 04-29-2011, 12:22 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,738,144 times
i love how ppl play stupid when it comes to this.
the race baiting definitely comes from the right in the form of code words.

Old 04-29-2011, 12:25 PM

1,496 posts, read 3,386,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
So now it is racist to run against Obama's policies?

RealClearPolitics - Video - Tavis Smiley: 2012 Will Be "The Most Racist" Election Ever

yep, Tavis Smiley played the Tea Party is racist lie. Taxpayer funded don't ya know.
And the average citizen wonders why PBS should be defunded of taxpayer funds.

Seems to me the only racist is this Tavis character.

The majority of Americans are likely not racial in their decisions at the ballot boxes. The majority of Americans are not likely racists either. This is something that loves to be spread around like a farmer spreads manure in the spring to fertilize the ground in which plants grow, only the farmer is doing good and the race baiting analpores are trying to destroy this country by keeping the racists charges alive and well when they aren't warranted one bit. Unless of course this Travis fellow has a crystal ball and can tell us the future..

I think he is about a fraudulent as Madam Marie's fortune shop.

Last edited by brien51; 04-29-2011 at 12:35 PM..

Old 04-29-2011, 12:28 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brien51 View Post
And the average citizen wonders why PBS should be defunded of taxpayer funds.

Seems to me the only racist is this Tavis character.
PBS's employment policy is confusing. They fired Juan Williams claiming he made racist comments but racist comments by Tavis Smily are ok?

Old 04-29-2011, 12:34 PM

1,496 posts, read 3,386,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
PBS's employment policy is confusing. They fired Juan Williams claiming he made racist comments but racist comments by Tavis Smily are ok?
Typical hypocrisy from race baiters like Sharpton and Jackson Defund PBS yesterday.

Old 04-29-2011, 12:42 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,476,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
these posts are rubbish in the extreme. the race baiting comes from the left, not the right. many times in this, and other political forums, i have pronounced my disagreements with the policies and the agenda of the obama administration, only to have the leftists turn around and make the claim that i am a racist. they usually back down when i tell them i also opposed the policies of carter, clinton, johnson, and other progressive liberals.

i dont care what color a persons skin is, it makes no difference in what is in their hearts and what is in their character. martin luther king said it best when he had a dream that his children would be judged by the content of their character and not the color of their skin. to me character matters, not skin color, and obama is a bad character politically.
Just going off my 3 weeks here in this subforum it seems that the right is more race baiting than the left. Its true that you can pick out race baiting comments by various left leaning individuals but come on now. Have you looked at the stacked deck of comments and articles posted even on here coming from the right leaning side?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies