Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2011, 07:45 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
Now, it's a qualified black guy out there somewhere. Really. Coming from you.

I don't throw around the race card at everyone or everything, but I know racist when I read or hear it.

Like I said, you should too. As a black men you know when something is racially motivate. I didn't say all comments are racist toward him.

NAACP...was that before or after he said, "you people".
Hey Sista Soulja........
You just skipped past 3 posts ...ignored them all and stuck to your lame points. LOL You still got it!

And yeah....I'm a qualified black man myself.

As a man (period) I can't judge motives! And neither can you!! I need hard evidence! Are you a telepath now?

When your argument is weak and you have nothing, you fling out he card!

If people don't like his foreign policy....his tax crazy system.....his healthcare plan or his support of gay marriage and abortion, they must be racist! That's just stupid!

The left continues to use that tactic to shut down opposing view points!

Old 05-03-2011, 02:35 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
NAACP...was that before or after he said, "you people".

Old 05-03-2011, 04:40 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,353,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Good for you sir...."You one of those that the race card does not bother".

His supporters do use it....all the time. The guard dog media uses it for him....all the time. And he does nothing to stop them. Because he feels it works in his favor. So, he does use it without getting his hands too dirty.
Smart.
Sometimes or even more often than not, people are telling the truth and not just using the race card.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:04 AM

2,619 posts, read 3,150,063 times
Quote:
Obviously your blind white hot loyalty has clouded your mind or you are just ignoring the things I've written over and over, in this thread. Selective outrage seems to be a big issue for people where Barack is concerned. They want the equal treatment....but not too equal.

You're not kidding are you?? Where were you the last 10 years??

This is staggering....

YouTube - Bush Heckled at NAACP Meeting

YouTube - A guy isulting bush live

YouTube - Shoe thrown at bush

YouTube - Keith Olbermann: ''BUSH, SHUT THE HELL UP!!!'

And you wanna talk about Obama being disrespected??? All Presidents get whacked!! ALL OF THEM!!! Obama is not special in this regard!!

Has Obama ever had an object thrown at him??

And just how does one hate his own if you disagree with Obama?? That's just mindless.

And Geeez Loiuse will you "read my post"???? Where do you see me saying a black man isn't qualified to be President?? Find it!!

I said that it's a shame that race cards are passed out like candy by this administration and his machine, to the extent that it taints the voter pool for the next "QUALIFIED BLACK MAN" , conservative or liberal!!

Also! God bless all you good folk who have a high tolerance for being called racist!! Obviously I ain't talkin' about you!!
Shortly after the shoe throwing incident, I was shopping in a Black owned business. A Black customer told the owner he wished the man had killed Bush with the thrown shoes.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:46 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
As a black man, it saddens me to say this. But Barack has blown it for future black candidates.......

After this grand experience, I believe many white indepedents will never vote for another black man as President....Democrat or GOP!

White folks are getting tired of being called racist whenever the other side can't come up with answers to issues or questions concerning this man or if they dislike his policies!! Did we not have people asking about Bush's grades? His military service? Dan Rather lost his gig trying to fake Bush's service record! Was that racist??? No! It was stupid! If Bush was black, would it be racist then? NO!

AND THESE ARE WHITE PEOPLE THAT VOTED FOR HIM!!!

I honestly believe that many would rather have a white guy they can criticize without the friggin' race card being played! I think there's a lot of buyer remorse out there.

We are so polarized right now! I've never seen it this bad in my life time.

Obama has blown it for the bruthas...
Get away from those people. If they want vote for another black man because of President Obama then they are racist. I hate bush doesn't mean I want vote for a white man. I'm in racist ground zero and believe me just listen to the radio and it gives you all the proof you need that most right wingers hate a black man being in the WH.Don't let them constantly saying they are not racist fool you. They are, with or without Obama. Don't believe me. Try to get away with half of what your white counter parts do and see what happens and how you are treated compared to them.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:48 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmellc View Post
Shortly after the shoe throwing incident, I was shopping in a Black owned business. A Black customer told the owner he wished the man had killed Bush with the thrown shoes.
What? So it's one many's opinion.
Pretty broad brush there, doncha think?

Old 05-03-2011, 06:57 AM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
What? So it's one many's opinion.
Pretty broad brush there, doncha think?
Yes, but that happens to be how the libs do it. They find one Tea Party activist and then they say all are like that one and the same goes for once racist in the wood pile.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:39 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmellc View Post

I heard that same kind of talk amondst black folks I know!! Howls of laughter!! Hilarious!! "I wish it was me!"

I heard all of that! Was that racist??? If somebody did that to Barack, is that racist now?

"Sigh"

Equality is a double edge sword!! There is good and bad that goes with it!

Old 05-03-2011, 09:54 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Default Obama represents higher expectations for blacks

I disagree. A great man, who happens to be black, in the White House is very desirable. Barack Obama represents higher expectations for black people. He stands for the notion that high educational achievement is paramount if you want to even have a chance at participating in this society as an equal. I also think that he is a continuing reminder that in this society, supremely educated and articulate black people exist who are versatile, full of depth, capable, competent, dignified, and good. This reality makes your typical racist uncomfortable.

About the elevated debate about race, it is necessary. Nothing wrong with calling racist people, racist. Nothing wrong with calling people who oppose president Obama only because he is black, racist. Obama's presence in the White House brings the racial divisions that plague this country to the forefront and I find it entirely positive to put racists and their inferior view of the world on the hot seat, subjecting them to enormous criticism.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:08 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Obviously your blind white hot loyalty has clouded your mind or you are just ignoring the things I've written over and over, in this thread. Selective outrage seems to be a big issue for people where Barack is concerned. They want the equal treatment....but not too equal.

You're not kidding are you?? Where were you the last 10 years??

This is staggering....

YouTube - Bush Heckled at NAACP Meeting

YouTube - A guy isulting bush live

YouTube - Shoe thrown at bush

YouTube - Keith Olbermann: ''BUSH, SHUT THE HELL UP!!!'

And you wanna talk about Obama being disrespected??? All Presidents get whacked!! ALL OF THEM!!! Obama is not special in this regard!!

Has Obama ever had an object thrown at him??

And just how does one hate his own if you disagree with Obama?? That's just mindless.

And Geeez Loiuse will you "read my post"???? Where do you see me saying a black man isn't qualified to be President?? Find it!!

I said that it's a shame that race cards are passed out like candy by this administration and his machine, to the extent that it taints the voter pool for the next "QUALIFIED BLACK MAN" , conservative or liberal!!

Also! God bless all you good folk who have a high tolerance for being called racist!! Obviously I ain't talkin' about you!!
I think you and many other people are a little confused as to what is percieved as racist comments and those that are strictly political. For decades there has been very subtle hints of certain "code words" that racist use . There are many things that I disagree with the president, but to compare him to a monkey is racist, just for the fact that whites have been calling blacks that since they arrived in this country. So how can someone actually be ignorant enough to compare depicting bush as a monkey to obama as not having racial overtones.

For the record, it is not having the same views of the president that has people crying racism but how it is done. The people who do it know damn well what they are doing, there are some of course that believe since he was elected racism has ended and are in denial that it has not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies