Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 01:48 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Trader View Post
Now you are being condescending... I am only pointing out the hypocrisy in our society, and how most are unaware of the double standard.

What would be wrong with this:

"Celebrate White-European History Month"...

LOL
You already get several European History holidays. Hell, what is Columbus Day?

Old 05-11-2011, 01:49 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,610,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You already get several European History holidays. Hell, what is Columbus Day?
And St. Patrick's Day.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:18 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,365,762 times
Just because I am White I have some association with Columbus or St. Patrick?

I am not Italian nor Irish.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:32 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,920,358 times
Quote:
Mexicans, Hondurans, Dominicans are all different people, YET we have a national holiday celebrating them all in....drum roll.... "Hispanic Heritage Month"...

Nigerians, Mozambiqans, Angolans, Congoans, etc. are all different peoples/ethnicities, yet we all celebrate "Black History Month"...

So blacks and Hispanics each get their own MONTH, yet white people are supposed to celebrate their ethnicities individually (ie Germans, Italians, Irish, as opposed to Europeans). As a result, white/European people are divided and powerless, seeing no allegiance to one another, while 'Hispanics' and 'African Americans' are organized and united due to their ability to habitually celebrate their heritage as a group.

I agree, the truth is often disgusting.

You should probably get going. I wouldn't want you to be late for your KKK rally or Aryan Brotherhood meeting.

Old 05-11-2011, 04:00 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,948,315 times
I think I have "Island Trader" figured out. He (or she) uses the word "white" as in the statement 'Jews are not white' ... but he really means "Aryan." I have come to this conclusion because Island Trader's views on the Jewish people seems to conform precisely with the views held by Adolph Hitler and the Nazis in Germany. Hey, it's a free country, and everyone has a right to express their opinions ... just sayin'!

To my way of thinking, Judaism is a religion, not a race or a specific ethnic group. 2,000 years ago when there was a Kingdom of Judea it was a ethnic group and a nationality, but that was long, long, long ... very long time ago. Most American Jews - people like actress Goldie Hawn, comedian Adam Sandler, Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg, Olympic swimmer Mark Spitz, and most of the rest: Stephan Spielberg, John Garfield, Michael Landon, Dame Elizabeth Taylor, Senator Arlen Spector, Lauren Bacall, Al Jolson, Albert Einstein, etc. ... all looked white to me. Some Jews like Sammy Davis Jr.and Nell Carter look black to me.

So, this thread has proven that anti-semitism is alive and well. Just read some of the posts. The anti-semite will not come right out and say "I hate all Jews" or "I think they should be killed" but they will darkly hint at all those bogus and stereotypical prejudiced views that Jews control all the money, the entertainment industry, the news media, the colleges and universities, Wall Street, the restaurant industry, the airlines, women's fashions, the American Medical Association, and only heaven knows what else.

Old 05-12-2011, 12:21 AM

66 posts, read 63,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Just because I am White I have some association with Columbus or St. Patrick?

I am not Italian nor Irish.

Exactly, that is why we at least need a holiday to celebrate all 'Western' or 'European' contributions to society. As people of European descent die off due to sub-fertility, and as they continue to dwindle as a % of the world population, they better start changing their attitude and unite under a celebration of a common heritage. The blacks, Hispanics and Asians already do it... why can't white/Western/European heritage people do it?

There are more benefits to being a large group (ie Asians or 'Hispanics') than a fractured nationality like 'Korean' or 'Peruvian'.

Old 05-12-2011, 12:24 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,293,968 times
Quote:
Exactly, that is why we at least need a holiday to celebrate all 'Western' or 'European' contributions to society. As people of European descent die off due to sub-fertility, and as they continue to dwindle as a % of the world population, they better start changing their attitude and uniting under a celebration of a common heritage. The blacks, Hispanics and Asians already do it... why can't white/Western/European heritage people do it?
It will be a cold day in hell before the USA has a White power holiday. Not going to happen, at least not in our lifetime. Thank god.

Old 05-12-2011, 12:28 AM

66 posts, read 63,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
It will be a cold day in hell before the USA has a White power holiday. Not going to happen, at least not in our lifetime. Thank god.
Since when did European/Western heritage = 'white power' ?????

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-12-2011 at 07:51 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 05-12-2011, 12:21 PM

8,868 posts, read 12,565,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
All Jewish denominations, even the most Torah-observant, gladly accept converts according to the rules and procedures of each denomination.

Orthodox Syrians. Gotcha (though I think even THEY will give a heter in some cases)

Old 05-12-2011, 03:58 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,557,721 times
Quote:
Orthodox Syrians. Gotcha (though I think even THEY will give a heter in some cases)
That is only in America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies