Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 10:55 AM

66 posts, read 63,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
I can't believe some of the responses I am reading here....... I think it basically proves that it isn't dead (except of course the part about white people.... clearly minorities are anti semitic as well).

Pathetic.

What is pathetic?

Old 05-10-2011, 11:26 AM

950 posts, read 1,515,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Trader View Post
Jews have never thought of themselves as 'white'... they have always separated themselves from whites and especially white Christians.

Like the old saying from the 1950s... "Jews live like Episcopalians (richly) but vote like Puerto Ricans (like commie activists)...

Most Jews that I personally know consider themselves to be White, and that is what they put down for the race question for the 2010 census form.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:46 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,920,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I don't know. I can't speak for all white people any more than I can speak for Hispanics or black people.

I do know that the prevalent view regarding Israel and the Jewish people here in Christian Fundimentalist land is that there will be a handful of Jews that convert at the time of the 2nd coming . The rest go to Hell. To fulfill revelations Israel must be a nation. So yes Christian Fundamentalist are strong Israel supporters. As far as Jews, well they are supportive of the ones that convert and the rest....well.
This is how I see it too. The fundamentalist, evangelical Christians may not be openly hostile to Jews, but they really just see them as a means to an end. To them, the Jews that fail to embrace Jesus as the Messiah and convert to Christianity will get the same treatment as pagans, Muslims and the other "undesirables" - death and/or eternal damnation. It is true that they support Israel and by proxy the Israeli people, but do not misread this as support for the Jewish religion. Israel has to exist in order for their apocalyptic fantasy to come true. Ultimately, many Christians still believe that just like all of the other people that are not part of the "Jesus Club", Jews will get the punishment they so richly deserve when Judgement Day comes.

Old 05-10-2011, 12:23 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Blood View Post
Most Jews that I personally know consider themselves to be White, and that is what they put down for the race question for the 2010 census form.
"Jew" is not a race. Here is a picture of Jews in India:

White? "White" is, in a way, an American innovation. If it were about race, the proper term would be "Caucasian".

Old 05-10-2011, 01:21 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Its like that here in Los Angeles. Being that its a "minority majority" city, some of the most anti-semitic people I've ever met are not white.
So these minorities come up to you and tell you about how they hate Jews, huh?

Yea...that happens.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moskiter View Post
Bible belt is the area with majority of black people. From my personal observation some prejudiced Blacks don't give a clue if a white person is Jewish or Christian, they call all whites (in Chicago) "crackers" regardless of religion. If there is antisemitism in USA, it's certainly not very popular within Black people. It's white Christians who is antisemite nowadays. This is just my opinion.
That's basically what i've been saying. Black people don't make a difference between white folks. If they hate white people, they couldn't care less if you're Jewish, Christian, Buddhist, or anything else. You're WHITE! They don't give a damn about the distinctions.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:50 PM

66 posts, read 63,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That's basically what i've been saying. Black people don't make a difference between white folks. If they hate white people, they couldn't care less if you're Jewish, Christian, Buddhist, or anything else. You're WHITE! They don't give a damn about the distinctions.
Amen!

And we all know that white people are reverse discriminated against left and right in the 21st century. It's official policy in most Fortune 500 Companies to have anti-white race quotas at every level of management. As a white male, sometimes I get the feeling I "need not apply" in many of today's institutions...

Old 05-10-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Trader View Post
Amen!

And we all know that white people are reverse discriminated against left and right in the 21st century. It's official policy in most Fortune 500 Companies to have anti-white race quotas at every level of management. As a white male, sometimes I get the feeling I "need not apply" in many of today's institutions...
LOL...poor fella! Yea, i gotta admit, you white males have been getting a raw deal in America since you got here.

Old 05-10-2011, 04:38 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,920,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
I don't know what celebrating my "white" heritage would even entail... I celebrate being an American with 4th of July, or being of Polish heritage being the great grand-son of Polish immigrants.

How do you want to celebrate you "white" heritage? What's a "white" holiday or "white" food to eat?
I suspect that the poster might have something like hoods and burning crosses in mind.

I actually can't believe that someone was willing to post digusting crap like "used as tax cows to subsidise the fertility and sloth of non-white groups" on a public forum.

Old 05-11-2011, 01:42 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,691,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Although many many Jewish congregations do not absolutely forbid conversion of outsiders (mainly Reform), it is far from the norm.
All Jewish denominations, even the most Torah-observant, gladly accept converts according to the rules and procedures of each denomination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies