Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 12:01 AM

66 posts, read 63,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Armenia isn't in Europe...they are white. Iran is in Asia...they're white too. Same for Turkey, Cypress and Iraq. Europe doesn't contain all of the worlds white people.

Iran, Turkey, Cypress, and Iraq all contain populations of white Europeans. But most people in these countries have interbred over thousands of years with non-Europeans including Turkic, Mongoloid, and North African tribesmen. Therefore, the majority are mixed race, containing no overwhelmingly European gene pool, but one of mixed racial ancestry.

Most Europans, like native Germans, French or English, are much more genetically homogeneous, having never interbred with Africans or Southern Asians.

Old 05-10-2011, 12:18 AM

512 posts, read 1,183,815 times

YouTube - Andrew Klavan: Fun With Anti-Semitism

Old 05-10-2011, 12:40 AM

66 posts, read 63,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moskiter View Post

The guy rightly lambasts racism and identity politics yet he conveniently forgets to mention that major Jewish groups are the chief purveyors of, and beneficiaries of, identity politics.

Old 05-10-2011, 04:31 AM

2,314 posts, read 4,798,501 times
I can't believe some of the responses I am reading here....... I think it basically proves that it isn't dead (except of course the part about white people.... clearly minorities are anti semitic as well).

Pathetic.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:07 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moskiter View Post
They are white according to some sources, which doesn't mean they are white. They are certainly not as white as Scandinavians, Irish, Germans, Poles, Estonians or Lithuanians. They don't have blonde hair or blue eyes ever, their skin is darker, their face features are kinda Arabic. Would that be racist if I was stubborn to say they are not white? If no, I say they are not white. But this has nothing to do with this thread anyway.
Yea...it would be racist.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:01 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,198,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
I can't believe some of the responses I am reading here....... I think it basically proves that it isn't dead (except of course the part about white people.... clearly minorities are anti semitic as well).

Pathetic.
Its like that here in Los Angeles. Being that its a "minority majority" city, some of the most anti-semitic people I've ever met are not white.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:06 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,198,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Arabs aren't white? LOL...to me they are. At least a HUGE majority are. And in this country, they are classified as white.
Most Arabs do not consider themselves white. Neither do most Mizrahi Jews.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:22 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,353,110 times
White is obviously an artificial classification especially when you define it along the lines of the guidelines set forth by the U.S. Census.

For the purposes of this discussion, White seems to mean 'European' which is a diverse gene-pool, but distinct from the Semetic gene-pool on a phenotypic basis. That is, in general, one can usually visually distinguish someone from a European country whether Italy or Norway (to express the variation in European phenotypes) to a Semetic person. This is regardless of skin color.

Since most Ashkenazim have roots in Europe going back to the Middle-ages, the inevitable intermarriage has given rise to a gene-pool that combines European (White for the purpose of this discussion) and Semitic features.

Ultimately,, while I don't find the acknowledgement of the differences in the physical features of different populations to be objectionable, discussions like this make me very frustrated with the misleading and weak basis for the 'color races', White, Black, Brown. An utterly useless way to describe a person.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:34 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,616,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
It still exists in the Bible Belt. It is subtle but it is still there. They think Jews killed Jesus and don't have a favorable view of Jews. Even on this forum, the anti-Israeli type of threads usually originate from people living in this area. They have a hierarchy. They dislike Muslims and non-Christian faith believers more but they consider Judaism to be an inferior faith and incomplete. You probably won't encounter discrimination until you decide to seriously date one of them. Then you will witness this form of discrimination. They will try to convert you or they will say they can't engage into a long term relationship with you because of your faith and their family won't approve. Yes, it's there. Don't think they have forgotten about you just because they are infatuated with Muslims right now.
Have you ever lived in the Bible belt? Can you give us some specific examples? I honestly think most Christians think God ordained the death of Christ--using both the Jewish leaders and the Romans...but we don't hold modern-day Jews accountable.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:53 AM

512 posts, read 1,183,815 times
Bible belt is the area with majority of black people. From my personal observation some prejudiced Blacks don't give a clue if a white person is Jewish or Christian, they call all whites (in Chicago) "crackers" regardless of religion. If there is antisemitism in USA, it's certainly not very popular within Black people. It's white Christians who is antisemite nowadays. This is just my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies