Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2011, 03:17 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,074,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
Disagree, when you hold yourself up to be self rightous, as does the Kennedy family, you invite this type of comment. Same for any goes for any public figure(s)
So, following the logic of your comment to me, Maria deserved/invited this?
One cannot help what family one is born into, trust me on that.
Please point out where I held myself up as self-righteous, calling someone out on insensitivity can hardly be construed as such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 03:33 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,785,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
So, following the logic of your comment to me, Maria deserved/invited this?
One cannot help what family one is born into, trust me on that.
Please point out where I held myself up as self-righteous, calling someone out on insensitivity can hardly be construed as such.

Again this is not about Maria. I don't understand why you are steering it that way. This is about Arnold's despicable actions and how they are on par with those of some of the most famous Kennedy family men. I never stated Maria invited anything. The Kennedy Family Clan invites these types of comments because of their protective behavior of the clan no matter what atrocious acts have been comment by one of their own.

Old 05-17-2011, 03:37 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,074,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
Again this is not about Maria. I don't understand why you are steering it that way. This is about Arnold's despicable actions and how they are on par with those of some of the most famous Kennedy family men. I never stated Maria invited anything. The Kennedy Family Clan invites these types of comments because of their protective behavior of the clan no matter what atrocious acts have been comment by one of their own.
I am basing my comments from the point where you replied to my comment to mogal......not sure where the rest of your statement is coming from.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:00 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,455,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post

Some posters, that I have on ignore, also go out of their way to defend pedophiles in the same manner as the post YOU are quoting.
I'm sorry, but wtf?? Could this be any more irrelevant or off-topic? Good grief.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:04 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,323,131 times
This issue is not about politics. It is also not fair to bring up the history of Maria's family. Don't we all have people in our familes who have done things we are not proud of? That does not mean that it is what we would do, or that we should be judged by what our family members do or do not do. Arnold was unfaithful, and he tore his marriage apart. He also ignored and hid his love child. Either way you look at it, he behaved like scum. As far as women looking the other way, wth? Men are not animals, and there is no excuse for this kind of behavior. It is normal for apes, dogs, etc., but not for men who actually know right from wrong.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:07 PM

29,981 posts, read 43,006,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
You know, thats just crappy to lay any of this at Marias door because of the men in her family.
Shame on you.
Shame on you for the personal attack.

Maria is a big girl and knew of her husband's womanizing reputation before she married him. If anyone should recognize the symptoms it is a woman from a family full of infidelity. Did she deserve it? No. Does it excuse Arnold's behavior? No. However, don't color her a victim either as the marriage was 50% her responsibility. No one knows what happened inside the marriage beyond the two principles.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
He really shouldn't be allowed to run for President, now that he's shown such a lack of morals.

Oh wait...
Let me guess, you haven't read the US Constitution either, right?

Hint: He is not eligible to run. You know, the "birther" thing.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:10 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,857,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
No matter how advanced or sophisticated the world pretends to be, people are still people, and men are still men.

The male animal did not evolve (or was not designed - depending on your religious bent), to be monogamous. It is so against his character as to be abhorred by the very FIBER of his being.

When is the world going to stop pretending to be shocked when men do what men do? How many prominent men have been in this same situation? Dozens? Hundreds?

It's NORMAL. It may not be accepted. It may not be fashionable. But it's NORMAL. What Maria (and Princess Diana) did not understand is that the proper response is to graciously look the other way.

20yrsinBranson
ROFL. That was a funny post. Ever hear of these? http://www.cdc.gov/STD/

And that doesn't even cover the moral aspect. Then again, if Maria ever wasn't in the mood, hey, lookie there......

"Lock the door." "Mmmmmm, that's a good employee."

Old 05-17-2011, 04:12 PM

Most wives get the final say regarding infidelity in divorce court. I suspect Maria and her children will be well compensated for Arnold's indescretions.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:13 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,231,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
This issue is not about politics. It is also not fair to bring up the history of Maria's family. Don't we all have people in our familes who have done things we are not proud of? That does not mean that it is what we would do, or that we should be judged by what our family members do or do not do. Arnold was unfaithful, and he tore his marriage apart. He also ignored and hid his love child. Either way you look at it, he behaved like scum. As far as women looking the other way, wth? Men are not animals, and there is no excuse for this kind of behavior. It is normal for apes, dogs, etc., but not for men who actually know right from wrong.
Unfortunately, many men (and women, too) don't give a hoot or a holler about what is right and what is wrong when it comes to satisfying physical urges. And we live in a society today where people will not only tolerate, but will actually condone, such behavior when it suits them. (I remember a radio talk show during the Lewinski-Clinton scandal with a caller who insisted, "It's his private life and we should stay out of it.")

Arnie is toast now--politically and every other way, too. He'll be lucky if his children ever love him again the same way they did before. Their world has been turned upside down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies