Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2011, 04:44 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,535,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Who Cares!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,839,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Look...he was conservative enough to get the full backing of the Republican establishment to run Gray Davis out of office. Republicans across the damn country were absolutely ECSTATIC over his election. I remember the night quite well. I remember the gloating, and the whole treacherous scheme behind the recall. So chill with the revisionism.

You guys have this wierd habit of electing people, and when they screw up bad enough, completely disavowing that you ever supported them. It's bullsh*t, and i'm calling you guys out on it. Republicans are now doing it with Bush, and i'm calling Repubs out on that too. You all supported these people tooth and nail, and the least you can do is admit it.

Arnold is a conservative Republican....that's all there is to it. If he wasn't, California Republicans and the Republican establishment of the RNC could've and would've put up another candidate. And i didn't hear ANYWHERE in Republican circles about him not being conservative enough to get the job at that time.

Claim him. He's yours. Deal with it.
It's obvious this wasn't the work of the real Arnold. It's the work of an imposter sent from the year 2029 who kidnapped the real Arnold and had him imprisoned in a different timeline. This imposter fathered this child and subsequently married Maria Shriver, infiltrating the Kennedy clan to support his organization's quest to change the timeline for us all and making all of mankind slaves to the GOP dynasty.

But something went horribly, horribly wrong.

Arnold, using superhuman skills and the amazing powers of the Austrian accent, overcame his captors and - using a machine gun in each hand - skillfully killed over 300 enemy fighters, while not taking one scratch and keeping his hair in perfect condition. Once the slaughter was completed, he quickly learned how to operate a future time machine with one big Knob that said "MONDAY MAY 16 2011" and *BAM*, he was back.

YouTube - "I'll Be Back" Arnold Schwarzenegger

That's the real story.

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
They wanted a candidate who could win, for once. The moderate vs. conservative civil war within the CA GOP is one of the reasons for its decline into irrelevancy. Arnold ran as a centrist and made no pretensions of not being a centrist. He got MANY Democratic votes both times he ran. He even campaigned in heavily Dem areas including Latino areas and black areas.

For once, the conservatives in the CA GOP were willing to "compromise purity" for the sake of "victory".

The irony is that when CA was a very Republican state it was dominated by moderates (mostly from the then very Republican Bay Area) but traditional California Repubs are now referred to as "RINOs". Many of those old school CA Repubs are Dems or independents now.
But California Republicans are NOW some of the most conservative Republicans in this country. That's a fact. But i agree that they wanted a candidate that could win. He had the full backing of the Repub establishment. So as far as i'm concerned, they can't run away from him.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:45 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,315,455 times
This is funny. It is not a political issue, yet the posters on here are determined to make it one. There are men and women with no morals in both parties. Pointing fingers at Arnold's political affiliation is stupid. He didn't cheat because he is a Republican, and Marie didn't deserve it because she is a Democrat.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:48 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Shame on you for the personal attack.

Maria is a big girl and knew of her husband's womanizing reputation before she married him. If anyone should recognize the symptoms it is a woman from a family full of infidelity. Did she deserve it? No. Does it excuse Arnold's behavior? No. However, don't color her a victim either as the marriage was 50% her responsibility. No one knows what happened inside the marriage beyond the two principles.
OK I was wrong. LOL

Old 05-17-2011, 04:53 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,616,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
But California Republicans are NOW some of the most conservative Republicans in this country. That's a fact. But i agree that they wanted a candidate that could win. He had the full backing of the Repub establishment. So as far as i'm concerned, they can't run away from him.
The conservative/moderate civil war in the CA GOP existed pre-Arnold as well.

Davis was quite vulnerable in 2002 and if former L.A. mayor Dick Riordan had won the primary he could've beat Davis. The conservatives however insisted on ideological purity and instead voted for Bill Simon who had no political history other than being a wealthy lawyer who moved in from out of state (and whose dad was a GOP bigwig back east) because Simon was a "true conservative" (well, also because Northern California will not vote for an L.A. mayor for any office, and the ultraconservative CA Repubs predominate in the rural inland north - e.g. Congressman Tom McClintock, the leader of the right wing of the CA GOP, has his district in the Gold Country. )

They declared a cease fire in said civil war just so Arnold could get elected and once he could no longer run again resumed the civil war. The right wing of the CA GOP in the name of ideological purity has essentially marginalized the party. They're good at winning primaries but terrible at winning statewide elections. Those ultraconservative CA Repubs need to remember sometime why CA's become a one party state - they're the reason why their party's become irrelevant.

Old 05-17-2011, 04:55 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,624,025 times
All I can say is WTF? Why would someone do that to another person?? I cannot imagine the humiliation Maria feels...it's sad

Old 05-17-2011, 04:59 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,616,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
All I can say is WTF? Why would someone do that to another person??
Because they have a penis?

Old 05-17-2011, 04:59 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,808,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Yes! LOL! at another Republican with "family values!"

Democrats are expected to be perverts, so that's OK?

Old 05-17-2011, 05:03 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,543,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
It would seem the former Governator was just keeping up an old tradition of the family he married into.
.....or just towing the Republican party line of "family values"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies