Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 10:55 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,203,264 times

Advertisements

Public Safety For Sale – $1,000 OBO – Contact A Florida Legislator

With overwhelming statistical evidence highlighting the increase in rear-end collisions, and a negligible, or no marked decrease of angle accidents in intersections where red light cameras have been installed, a few of your elected representatives in the State of Florida have decided to sell your safety.

Rep. Porth (D) ($500)
Rep. Rehwinkel Vasilinda (D) ($1000)
Rep. Renuart (R) ($500)
Rep. Fresen (R) ($500)
Rep. Gonzalez (R) ($500)
Rep. Hooper (R) ($500)
Rep. Nelson (R) ($1000)
Rep. Proctor (R) ($1000)
Rep. Randolph (D) ($500)
Rep. Roberson (R) ($500)
Rep. Sands (D) ($500)
Rep. Saunders (D) ($500)
Rep. Waldman (D) ($500)
Rep. Harrison (R) ($1000)
Rep. Moraitis (R) ($1000)

Listed next to his or her name, you’ll find the amount donated from a company called American Traffic Solutions, Inc. based in Scottsdale, AZ. They’ve donated $28,000 to elected officials in Florida in 2010 alone.

Buying and selling influence to keep your product in the marketplace instead of accepting the fact that your product really is not helping decrease accidents.

If they truly are effective, no pay-offs would be necessary - and the public would what them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 10:56 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,105,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Buying and selling influence to keep your product in the marketplace instead of accepting the fact that your product really is not helping decrease accidents.
That's called American capitalism. Do you hate America?

Old 05-12-2011, 11:01 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
no its called liberals finding a new way to tax people

why do liberals hate the freedom of america

Old 05-12-2011, 11:04 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
no its called liberals finding a new way to tax people

why do liberals hate the freedom of america
Huh?

I counted six D's and nine R's.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:08 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,555,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Public Safety For Sale – $1,000 OBO – Contact A Florida Legislator

With overwhelming statistical evidence highlighting the increase in rear-end collisions, and a negligible, or no marked decrease of angle accidents in intersections where red light cameras have been installed, a few of your elected representatives in the State of Florida have decided to sell your safety.

Rep. Porth (D) ($500)
Rep. Rehwinkel Vasilinda (D) ($1000)
Rep. Renuart (R) ($500)
Rep. Fresen (R) ($500)
Rep. Gonzalez (R) ($500)
Rep. Hooper (R) ($500)
Rep. Nelson (R) ($1000)
Rep. Proctor (R) ($1000)
Rep. Randolph (D) ($500)
Rep. Roberson (R) ($500)
Rep. Sands (D) ($500)
Rep. Saunders (D) ($500)
Rep. Waldman (D) ($500)
Rep. Harrison (R) ($1000)
Rep. Moraitis (R) ($1000)

Listed next to his or her name, you’ll find the amount donated from a company called American Traffic Solutions, Inc. based in Scottsdale, AZ. They’ve donated $28,000 to elected officials in Florida in 2010 alone.

If they truly are effective, no pay-offs would be necessary - and the public would what them.
Well, I am not a politician so my comment has not conflict of interest. To me cameras are effective and have saved lives.

When cameras were put in some intersections that had numerous accidents and some deaths the incidents were greatly reduced.

A year after they were put in place the number of tickets, accidents, etc. were brought up for all to see and the number do not lie in this case. I pass by this intercection and the traffic is safer and people do drive more friendly so even if the local elected leaders did it for some ulterior monetary interest it still made those places safer for all and I support that part, take care.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Huh?

I counted six D's and nine R's.
there is your error

d or r doesnt mean they are or are not liberal (progressive)

the way bush spent, and expanded the government, do you really want to think of him as conservative???

Old 05-12-2011, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
Well, I am not a politician so my comment has not conflict of interest. To me cameras are effective and have saved lives.

When cameras were put in some intersections that had numerous accidents and some deaths the incidents were greatly reduced.

A year after they were put in place the number of tickets, accidents, etc. were brought up for all to see and the number do not lie in this case. I pass by this intercection and the traffic is safer and people do drive more friendly so even if the local elected leaders did it for some ulterior monetary interest it still made those places safer for all and I support that part, take care.
the cameras do NOT save lives

they are a money making scheme by the government

and they also cause more accidents and WORSE injuries

Old 05-12-2011, 11:15 AM

45,232 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
maybe your definition.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:16 AM

45,232 posts, read 26,457,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
Well, I am not a politician so my comment has not conflict of interest.

uh huh

Old 05-12-2011, 11:20 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,555,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
the cameras do NOT save lives

they are a money making scheme by the government

and they also cause more accidents and WORSE injuries
Thanks for share your view that I do not agree with, take care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies