Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2011, 12:13 AM

1,811 posts, read 1,210,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Was the question of Palestinian statehood one of them? The return to the '67 borders (with some swap areas)? It's germane here, since Bush '43 was for both.
It's a stupid idea, no matter who comes up with it. If Bush pushed it, he was a fool and out of bounds for doing it. Who are we to tell Israel where it needs to establish its borders?

Old 05-21-2011, 08:03 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,057,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Flying shoe... Liberals loved that.
That's different.

Bush was bad!

If not for double standards, the left would have none.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:06 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Was the question of Palestinian statehood one of them? The return to the '67 borders (with some swap areas)? It's germane here, since Bush '43 was for both.
Where? Put up the link.

I don't recall Bush EVER saying the peace process should be based on the stipulation of a return to 1967 lines.

Put up the link.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:10 AM

This is my feeling.

This administration is so concerned about "democracy" and "peoples rights", but somehow, the ONLY true democracy in the Middle East is going to be thrown to the wolves.

I would completely agree with cutting off aid to Israel if they weren't surrounded by MILLIONS of people who had nothing but their destruction in mind.

It's not me making false accusations about it, every surrounding country wants the destruction of Israel and they have no qualms about stating it.

You people are disgraceful!

Old 05-21-2011, 08:10 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
[quote=Evenstar51;19245474]How quickly people forget:

Quote:

President Bush, whose administration at first refused to take any active part in the Middle East process has now, committed itself to peace in the Middle East through the creation of Palestinian State. This is unprecedented. No American President has ever made such a serious and decisive commitment to the Palestinian cause ever before.

This is the first time that an American leader has risked his own credibility and political future and the prestige of America in such a way. The Middle East is a dangerous place to place bets on peace. President Bush deserves credit, commendation and support for displaying such courage. Both Israelis and Palestinians must realize that their best hope for peace and a negotiated settlement is through the brokerage of the US. [end quote]

Bush Plan for Palestine

Forget what? That Bush was the first to call for a palestinian state? He did indeed, but did he base that state on 1967 lines, which is the relevant issue?

Old 05-21-2011, 08:13 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,558,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
The American Spectator : AmSpecBlog : Netanyahu's Public Disrespect of Obama Hurts Israel

It is not polite to be rude to your close friend in his living room especially when the press is recording the whole conversation.
Skipping the replies, and if someone pointed this out already sorry to repeat.

Obama disrespects other world leader, political opponents and his "enemies" from the oval office all the time. His suggestion to Isreal reeks of disrespect as what they do is none of his business. He is once again trying to run the entire world. His supporters are once again trying to make him seem untouchable in the face of his screw ups.

Perhaps he should for once attempt to work on this countries problems and let others work on their own.

Oh, that's right! Then he could not pretend to be the emporer of the world!

Old 05-21-2011, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Where? Put up the link.

I don't recall Bush EVER saying the peace process should be based on the stipulation of a return to 1967 lines.

Put up the link.
He did, which I thought was crazy BEFORE the Middle East was in such turmoil.

Ask yourself this....what does Israel have to do with the unrest in the Middle East?

Why is obama doing this at this time?

Why is obama NOT trying to strengthen ties to Israel during this period when we REALLY need their help?

Old 05-21-2011, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Skipping the replies, and if someone pointed this out already sorry to repeat.

Obama disrespects other world leader, political opponents and his "enemies" from the oval office all the time. His suggestion to Isreal reeks of disrespect as what they do is none of his business. He is once again trying to run the entire world. His supporters are once again trying to make him seem untouchable in the face of his screw ups.

Perhaps he should for once attempt to work on this countries problems and let others work on their own.

Oh, that's right! Then he could not pretend to be the emporer of the world!
What I find ironic is the fact that he proclaimed himself as being able to bring peace.

Why is the world exploding around us?

Could it be his naive foreign policy? Or more likely his inexperience in diplomacy?

Nobel peace Prize winner, huh?

Smartest man on earth, huh?

Old 05-21-2011, 08:35 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,972,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Perhaps you would prefer to live in Israel.
No thanks, as I am not particularly fond of the Jews either.

I tend to like the way it is, better yet the way NH used to be.

I just wish we had a pres with a spine. The spinless one we have now will be gone soon enough to suit me.

The point is Obama spoke out of place, totally ouit of place and got what was coming for it.

That was like asking All Americans to give back what has been stolen since the year 1500. Are you ready to return you part of the greatest theft in all time?

Old 05-21-2011, 08:37 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
The American Spectator : AmSpecBlog : Netanyahu's Public Disrespect of Obama Hurts Israel

It is not polite to be rude to your close friend in his living room especially when the press is recording the whole conversation.
how was he rude??

he pointed out that obamy is an idiot

that's not rude..unless you find the truth to be rude
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies