Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2011, 11:20 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Except come 2012, the hand won't be BO's, especially without the support of the Jewish vote, which he just lost.
Many Jews think nothing like the rightwing in this country, (i.e., a religious and slavish devotion to Israeli aggression and terrorism in the occupied territories.)

Old 05-20-2011, 11:20 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,210,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Bibi needs to remember the Golden Rule, G.B. Shaw version:

He who has the gold makes the rules. I would condition any aid to Israel on Bibi resigning.
That's what makes you irrelevant - non-thoughts like the above.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:24 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Remember when Biden went to Israel for peace talks and Bibi announced plans for new settlements while Biden was there?
I certainly do. I bet Obama remembered the slight too. They have one friend in the world and they are, like the neoconservatives before them, trying to appeal to the most radical in this country, because their own actions can find support and succor amongst similarly radical ideologues and rightwing extremists.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:24 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,275,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I'd say it's President Obama that was mad.......The PM told our President how he wasn't going to give up THEIR land.

This is nothing but a land grab for his buddies of the Muslim
Brotherhood......wake up before it's to late!!
That's what the body language certainly conveyed. Watch the end of the session. I found it striking, before I even had time to digest the words, how tense and withdrawn Obama was with his one hand tightly grasping the arm of the chair, extended out as if pushing himself away from Netenyahu and quickly turning away from him, looking very tired and strained. While Netenyahu looked relaxed and cool as a cuke.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
This thread proves just how hypocritical the RWNJs are, your lord and savior GWB wanted basically
the same result in Israel that Obama wants now....did you agree with him then? Of course you did.
There were a lot of things that we conservative patriots disagreed with W on, and we were vocal about it.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:27 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,275,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Many Jews think nothing like the rightwing in this country, (i.e., a religious and slavish devotion to Israeli aggression and terrorism in the occupied territories.)
We shall see...

Old 05-20-2011, 11:41 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,016,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
There were a lot of things that we conservative patriots disagreed with W on, and we were vocal about it.

Was the question of Palestinian statehood one of them? The return to the '67 borders (with some swap areas)? It's germane here, since Bush '43 was for both.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:56 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,751,609 times
Seems to me that President Awesome is utterly clueless in regards to his endorsement of a Palestinian plan that calls for Israel to revert to its pre-Six Day War borders. I guess our fearless leader needs a history lesson, as I see, do many of the posters in this particular topic.

Americans like to spout off about other country's business and I'm especially taken by those in this forum who are all fired up to see Israel divide its already tiny country with Hamas, the PLO, and all of those other folks in the Middle East who get their rocks off killing the infidel non-Muslims.

But let me remind you dear readers, it was not Israel that started the Six Day War.

A quarter to anyone who can tell me who did.......no takers? It was Egypt who started the war.

The Egyptians, under blowhard President Gamal Abdel Nasser, illegally blockaded the Gulf of Aqaba from all Israeli shipping--a blockade of the Israeli port city of Eilat...clearly an act of war.

Tiny Israel stood alone against the combined military might of Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Kuwait, Algeria, Libya, Saudi Arabia, Morocco, The Sudan and Iraq.

And Israel beat the hell out of 'em all.

Whatever territory Israel won back then, now belongs to them. Period.

If the Arabs don't like that, there's a simple solution.

Don't start wars with Israel.

Old 05-21-2011, 12:10 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,806,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
All he told Obama was that they weren't going to give up that land which would put them in an indefensible position. Somehow many people here just can't see what actually happened. The man was not disrespectful at all, just truthful. Maybe some here might like to hear the man's words so they can point out the disrespectful parts.

A ‘No’ From Netanyahu: Israeli PM Rejects 1967 Border Talk in Front of Press | The Blaze

Exactly. Netanyahu told Obama in no uncertain terms what
he thought about his idea, but he was not disrespectful.

Old 05-21-2011, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
The American Spectator : AmSpecBlog : Netanyahu's Public Disrespect of Obama Hurts Israel

It is not polite to be rude to your close friend in his living room especially when the press is recording the whole conversation.
It's not polite to throw your close friend under the nearest bus, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies